JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Restoring Worship

Though I pray daily  I feel a need to deeper and sincerely  seek God through  mediation  and listening  to what He has to say to me.  Basically  I need to have a mechanism  of mediating the Word of God through out the day sometimes  I'm choked with the daily cares of this world. 

I believe  the basic pilar for me is unhurried time with the Lord in the morning 

. (Ezra 3)

Q. Rebuilding the temple in order to restore worship is the point of all this work. Is your personal worship what it should be?

A. I believe   so

Q. What foundations do you need to lay again in your personal restoration and revival of faith?

A. To offer my body as a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to God as my reasonable act of service and to good to others.

Q2. (Ezra 3) Rebuilding the temple in order to restore worship is the point of all this work. Is your personal worship what it should be? What foundations do you need to lay again in your personal restoration and revival of faith?

1. Yes, but there is still room for more worship and growth. Sometimes I get off track, but immediately get back on track.

2. I am learning not be quick to notice what others are doing and express love more.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 5:17 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (Ezra 3) Rebuilding the temple in order to restore worship is the point of all this work. Is your personal worship what it should be? What foundations do you need to lay again in your personal restoration and revival of faith?

My personal worship moves toward what it should be daily.  The more I thing of God and His consistent faithfulness to being the "I AM", I can never praise Him enough.  I join with the angels and give continual praise. Holy, Holy, Holy.

• 4 weeks later...

Ezra 3) Rebuilding the temple in order to restore worship is the point of all this work. Is your personal worship what it should be? What foundations do you need to lay again in your personal restoration and revival of faith?

Responding to God's call with an open heart, willingness to say yes and acting according is my biggest object of attention in my spiritual life.

Edited by Craig
word change

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(Ezra 3) Rebuilding the temple in order to restore worship is the point of all this work. Is your personal worship what it should be?  Nope.  I've been going through a time of little doubts and some skepticism.   I know the truth and my faith is solid.  I've just lost some "fire".  And that's on me.   I need to abide.

What foundations do you need to lay again in your personal restoration and revival of faith?   I need to be in the Word...feeding on it...being sustained by it.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Q2. (Ezra 3)

Q. Rebuilding the temple in order to restore worship is the point of all this work. Is your personal worship what it should be? What foundations do you need to lay again in your personal restoration and revival of faith?

A. There is a lot more required for me to be there.

I therefore sincerely pray now that the Lord God Almighty will help me through the help of the Holy Spirit to know and be able to worship Him at the right time, place and in spirit and truth. So Help me Lord.

Q2. (Ezra 3) Rebuilding the temple in order to restore worship is the point of all this work. Is your personal worship what it should be? No, I would regretfully and humbly say that my personal worship altar is not what it should be at this time of my season as I find myself struggling to keep its fire going. It is as though the higher the level the more the devil is at me, but I also know the Lord keeps assuring me that the higher the level the more warring angels be by my side. It feels like I am in exile with all that is going on around me but despite the pains and tears I know the Lord will make me arrive at where he wants me to be. In the meantime I need to clear much rubble within me to make space to build my altar to the Lord.

What foundations do you need to lay again in your personal restoration and revival of faith? I need to be still in His presence more, I need to learn more and more what it is  to wait upon the Lord and trust His timing for breakthrough and not feel grief and hurt and anger and spiritual tiredness at the way things are right now. I do believe I am humble in my dealing with people around me all these years, even when facing a great challenge for the past 9 years on my own. I have shown honor and humility especially with my siblings and others but the fact is the humbleness that I have practiced and the honor that I have shown others lead me to think that it can only be through performing on my own strength to please others. Being the oldest child in the family, there has always been pressure on me to act, say the right things so that I am looked up to by the others. I realize the only foundation I need is Christ and Christ alone.

• 9 months later...

My personal worship is not what it should be! I do spend time with God daily morning and evening and try to stay connected to Him during the day. But I just feel I need more and more ! I need to pray more deep meaningful prayer! I have read so much about prayer but I feel so much is head knowledge which I find hard to implement! 
I need to rise earlier so I can have more time in prayer before the family get up. I need time determination, peace and quietness! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 2:47 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

No, it isn't.

I need to spend more quality uninterrupted time worshipping and listening for God's voice. I have to learn to put aside my worries and have faith so that I can spend quiet time with Him. That's my prayer for now

• 2 years later...