JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Day 1. Throne Room

Pastor Ralph

Day 1 Meditation (Revelation 4; 5:6).

Why is everyone around the throne worshipping?  Everyone around the throne is worshipping God because they are, first of ll, worshippers and they are eternlly grateful to God for His awesomeness. They remembers all that God has done for them and not oly for them as an individual, but as a husbans, father, sibling, citizen; what God has don in the lives of his parents, relatives etc. They worship God for His sovereignty.  They worshi God for everything that he is.  They worship because theu are grateful and will let no one or nothing offer worship on their behalf.  

Why are they chanting and singing?  They are chanting and singing because of the joy that is in their heart.  It pours out in praise.

Why do you think that we get bored with worship after a few minutes?  We get bored with orship when we re doing so in the flesh.  If we enter into worship with our spirit and our spirit connects with the Holy Spirit, we would not want to stop our worship.  We'd be in an atmosphere that is divine, where the presence of the Lord is.

What does that indicate about our hearts? This indicates that the heart is still clinging to the fleshly desires of the natural world.

What can we do to change this?  We can begin with intentional exercise of entering into the presence of the Lord daily and gradually build our time to the point where we do not care how long we've been there.

I can only imagine what it will be like to be in the direct presence of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.  I see myself falling prostrate before Him overwhelmed with great joy, tears streaming down my face, singing praises to the top of my voice and raising my hands upward in total worship.  Hallelujah!!!     What an honor it would be to be in His presence, to see Him face to face. Glory Be to God!!!  To touch Him.  If, I being the least in His Kingdom, and I love Him, I love loving Him, then why not everyone else who loves Him worship and praise Him.  Its like everything we dreamed of, hoped for, prayed about has come to be. We're in the presence of the One who answered all our prayers, who provided for us, who comforted us when we were going through, who protected us from all hurt, all harm and all dangers,   Knowing He was the one who opened doors and made opportunities available for us.  He's the one who forgave us of our sins, time after time.  To know that we're in the presence of the One who was always there for us, He never forsaken or left us even when we disappointed Him countless times.  Oh what a marvelous day it will be to worship Jesus totally at His feet. 

Why are they chanting and singing?   Because Jesus taught us to make a joyful noise.  He wants us to sing praises unto His name.  We sing because of all He has done for us.  We sing when we are Happy.  O, how happy we will be in the direct presence of the Lord Jesus. 

Why do you thing that we get bored with worship after a few minutes?  One of the main reasons, in my opinion, people get bored with worship after a few minutes is because of their lack of focus.  The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy.  We don't come to worship with a surrendered heart.  We carry into worship the cares of the world we faced with.  We don't give it Jesus like we should or we don't give Him all of it.  Sometimes, we come tired.  Maybe, we come after work or after a long hard week.  The enemy has a way fanning us to sleep during worship and waking us in time for the close of service.  It is important that we prepare ourselves through prayer, song, or/and meditation before entering into worship.  Its like having a strong cup of coffee to keep you alert.  We need to do whatever it is that keeps us alert during worship. 

What does that indicate about our hearts?  If we're honest with ourselves, it indicates that we need to get into the presence of God before leaving our home.   It does not mean that your worship is fake or that a person does not love Jesus.  It means that we need to get into our quiet place and pray.  Jesus did it many times.  If you don't have a quiet place than let an elder of the church pray for you before service.  Pray combats the attempts of the enemy.  A Christian has the power through our Lord Jesus to be victorious and defeat the enemy at his own schemes. 

What can we do to change this?  First and foremost, seek the Lord.  He is your Wonderful Counselor.  God said, This is my Son, Hear Him.  I add, hear and obey.  We have to get to the place of "yet."  Many times, you hear Christians say, "I'm not there yet.  Press for the "yet."  Let nothing deter you or stop you.  We must come to believe with all our heart who we are and to whom do we belong.  Once we walk in the full assurance of faith which is the confidence in the Lord, everything else will be workable.  The enemy will always be on your heel, because of your growth in the Lord.  Do exactly what James said, Consider it all joy.  Confuse the enemy because the joy of the Lord is your strength.  It takes time, it take patience and it takes discipline.  You will stumble, but you will not fall.  Think of Peter, how when he stepped out of the boat (confident in Jesus) and he, too, walked on the water.  He took his eyes off the mark (Jesus) and became distracted by forces surrounding him (the boisterous wind), he began to sink.  Do what he did, he called out to Jesus.  Without any hesitation,  Jesus responded immediately.  Remember, He has no respective person, what He did then, He will do now with you.  

Why is everyone around the throne worshiping  The Lamb is EVERYTHING to us.  So why wouldn't we be worshiping him.

Why are they chanting and singing?    What better way to express our deepest gratitude and love to the one is our EVERYTHING.

Why do you thing that we get bored with worship after a few minutes?     Our daily life gets in the way and pulls us in different directions away from our Lord.

What does that indicate about our hearts?      That they can flit from person to place to thing very easily.

What can we do to change this?       Being in constant prayer and in His word every day, is the best the first step.

Day 1 Meditation (Revelation 4; 5:6). Why is everyone around the throne worshiping? Why are they chanting and singing? Why do you think that we get bored with worship after a few minutes? What does that indicate about our hearts? What can we do to change this?

They are worshiping around the throne because the Lord Jesus Christ is on the throne and He is worthy to be praised and died to save the world from its sins.  They are doing this because they have the joy of the Lord in their hearts and they know the Lord won't forsake them and He will always be there for them. I believe we get bored with worship because we either believe that it should be about us or our minds wander due to the pressures of this world. That our hearts aren't as close as to God as they should be. We can focus on the attributes of God and worship God that way. 

• 1 year later...

Day 1 Meditation (Revelation 4; 5:6). Why is everyone around the throne worshipping? Why are they chanting and singing? Why do you think that we get bored with worship after a few minutes? What does that indicate about our hearts? What can we do to change this?

The only proper response of mankind to God's presence is worship. And that is what everyone in heaven is doing. They are spontaneously responding to the love and glory they can see with their eyes. These are the blessed ones who have let their hearts be filled with the love of God as St Paul tells us in Romans. 

St Augustine said that our hearts were made for loving You, and they will never find rest until they find their rest in You. I too have let other things occupy my heart and therefore I am restless. I know what I ought to do but am procrastinating. Why? I don't know. But I want to change. My heart must be as soft as it was 2 decades ago for Jesus. I have to clear out the clutter immediately. And the only way I can do it is by regularly feeding on the Word of God. Setting aside time every single day to renew my relationship with my loving Heavenly Father. Ask His forgiveness for having become complacent. 

This is why I wanted to spend some time with the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world. Lord, have mercy on me. forgive me my laziness. Forgive me my "busyness". forgive me my neglect of Your love and Your word. Let me know once again the joy of Your salvation. Lord, hear me.