JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Two Debtors

On 8/30/2023 at 8:47 AM, Robomom3 said:

Krissi… I actually love your response! So many Christians are where you are… or have been where you are right now. God will break down your walls. He is in the business of transforming hearts. He does this one brick at a time. As you continue to seek Him He will reveal more and more of Himself to you. You will find He is trustworthy and He is not angry at your walls. He understands them because He wept with you as you built them. I am so excited for where He is taking you. Be patient with yourself and with God as you continue this journey with Him. 

Thank you. God is at work.

Q3. (Luke 7:41-43, 47)

According to Jesus' Parable of the Two Debtors, do you think the woman was saved prior to the dinner or during the dinner?

How effusive is your love for Jesus?

How should we as disciples express our gratitude for salvation?

Reading the story and putting in lines that are not written, it seems like this woman had either heard Jesus (whether by word of mouth personally, or from someone else, does not really matter) and this had spurred her on to display her thankfulness publicly, in the way she could.  She had faith in Him.  She knew in her heart of hearts that He was the One Who could and would make a difference in her life.  Verse 50, shows that Jesus acknowledges this fact : " .  .  .  Your faith has saved you.  Go in peace. "  

From the above we can make a deduction that when she put her faith into action, she was saved.  It does not really matter if it was prior or during the dinner, what matters is that she was SAVED.

I do love Him with all that I am.  I have been forgiven much.  He has proved to be the Saviour I can lean on, in extremely difficult circumstances.  He has been there, just as He promised in His Word.  I do get extremely excited over the smallest thing that happens in answer to prayer,  or in answer to a request or desire,  also when I see a change in someone who we have been praying for.  Tears of thankfulness run freely.  Thank You Thank You Jesus for Your great love.

We should live for Him,  and share with others, what He has done for us.  Also what He is willing to do for them also.  Forgiveness,  Joy,  Peace and ultimately Eternal Life.

Q3. (Luke 7:41-43, 47) According to Jesus’ Parable of the Two Debtors, do you think the woman was saved prior to the dinner or during the dinner? How effusive is your love for Jesus? How should we as disciples express our gratitude for salvation? 

It seems to me that the woman came in seeking Jesus--that she knew He would be there.  I think her love and trust in His forgiveness already begun prior to entering what appeared to be a 'hostile' room.  My love for Jesus is not as effusive as His love for me.  Lord, help me love you MORE.  Expressing gratitude for salvation hopefully shows in my life every minute.  What an incredible gift!!! the CROSS and RESURRECTION!  NEW LIFE!!!

Q3. (Luke 7:41-43, 47) According to Jesus’ Parable of the Two Debtors, do you think the woman was saved prior to the dinner or during the dinner? How effusive is your love for Jesus? How should we as disciples express our gratitude for salvation?

I believe she was saved prior to the dinner.  The reading states that she was overflowed with thankfulness because she knew Jesus had forgiven her of her sins.

My love for Jesus is undeniable.  I strive each and every day to be more like him.  I pray every day for this world to be a better place.  I thank him in morning when I get up, I thank him thru out the day and I thank him before I go to bed.  I read his word every day. I am very active in my church. Whenever I have an opportunity, I share his word with those that do not know him.

How do we give thanks for our salvation?  How do we give thanks?  The woman was saved during dinner when Jesus told her she was saveed.  Boundary hit on where/when are we living in ignorance or being saved from ourselves.  It is a sign of God's power when and how we see ourselves.  Whether we are in need or in gratitude for what we received.  

On 4/21/2023 at 8:58 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (Luke 7:41-43, 47) According to Jesus’ Parable of the Two Debtors, do you think the woman was saved prior to the dinner or during the dinner? How effusive is your love for Jesus? How should we as disciples express our gratitude for salvation?

I think she was saved before the dinner and was showing her Thankfulness and gratitude to Jesus.

I do, but not as much as I should.

Praying, Worshiping through song and praise, dance in Worship before the Lord.

Prior, I think she was showing her Thankfulness and Gratitude to Jesus. 

I do, but not as much as I should.

Through Prayer and Worship and Praise, dance before the Lord in Worship.

Q3. (Luke 7:41-43, 47) According to Jesus' Parable of the Two Debtors, do you think the woman was saved prior to the dinner or during the dinner?

Answer: I believed the woman was a sinner and was saved during the dinner. While Jesus was at dinner, a woman who was known to be a sinner came to the home of the Pharisee. She stood at Jesus’ feet weeping. She then began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head. While kissing his feet, she then poured perfume, from an alabaster box/jar, she had brought and anointed His feet. Her unselfish and exemplary act showed that she loved Jesus more than his host. The alabaster box symbolize giving God her best and her all. Her story teaches us that we don’t have to be extraordinary to make a difference. God can use us where we are.

How effusive is your love for Jesus?

Answer: I express feelings of gratitude in a heartfelt manner to Jesus by giving Him praise, praying to Him, reading the Bible, loving those around me, tithing, fasting, and being hopeful.

How should we as disciples express our gratitude for salvation?

Answer: One of the truest ways to demonstrate your appreciation to God is to simply pray and tell Him. Sincere simple prayer, given from the heart and expressing your thanks for the wonderful life you've been given, will touch God deeply.

Other ways are: 1. remember him; 2. serve others; 3. express gratitude to others; and 4. choose to humble.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Luke 7:41-43, 47) According to Jesus' Parable of the Two Debtors, do you think the woman was saved prior to the dinner or during the dinner? She brought a gift and ministered to Jesus. There is no record of begging for forgiveness but of deliveing care consideration and love. She must have been saved earlier.

How effusive is your love for Jesus? The Jewish prayer or greeting, “May you become more like God each day” once quit cold as if I was startled by the occuance of salvation my love for him has grown deeper and more fully rounded with every passing day I serve him.

How should we as disciples express our gratitude for salvation? We should be asking for completion and matuiring in the use of our particular tool box of gifts that we rightly fit into his plan. We are after all the workers he wants tomwake up and go into the fields with him.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very good question, based off of my own logic I would be led to say she was saved prior to the dinner as her hearing that Jesus was in town is what led her to do all the things and it appears that the dinner is when her salvation and new self showed publicly in the way that she acted when she saw Christ. I believe if you meet me you will come to find that my love for Jesus is effusive. I believe us as disciples of Jesus should express our gratitude for salvation openly and without shame. 

• 4 weeks later...

Q3. (Luke 7:41-43, 47) According to Jesus’ Parable of the Two Debtors, do you think the woman was saved prior to the dinner or during the dinner?
I believe she was saved prior the the dinner and her anointing his feet was her way of thanksgiving.

How effusive is your love for Jesus? My love is very strong, I depend on him for everything and my relationship with him grows more and more each day.

How should we as disciples express our gratitude for salvation? By giving praise to God, sharing our personal experiences with him to others who don’t have a relationship with him. Keeping our minds on him and his word.

• 3 months later...

The woman was so filled with love for Jesus that she would clean His feet with Her tears and hair and pour out perfume. I think that she had heard about Jesus and forgiveness of sins around town and now standing before the very one who could forgive all of her sins. She wept and kneeled before Him to show her faith and at that point she was forgiven. 

I love my Lord and Savior with all my heart,soul and mind because I have been forgiven much

By spending time with Him every day. Talking to Him, reading His word to know him better, living a life worthy of being called a christian