JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q27. Binding the Strong Man

• 5 months later...

Q27(Luke 11:1722)In the parable of the binding of the strong man ,who is the strong man? Who is the stronger warrior?How does this explain Jesus power to cast out demons? How does it explain Jesus power to set you free? To set your friends free?

The strong man is Jesus.

The stronger warrior is Jesus

How does this explain Jesus power to cast out demons?Jesus has the power to cast demons.over lies and deception of the enemy.He is our saviour,our rescuer and in Him is power of deliverance. 

How does it explain Jesus power to set you free. In Him nothing is impossible. 

To set your friends free?He has the power of deliverance. 

Q27. (Luke 11:17-22)

In the Parable of the Binding of the Strong Man, who is the strong man? 

Satan is the strong man in this parable.

Who is the stronger warrior?

Jesus is the stronger warrior.

How does this explain Jesus' power to cast out demons?

Nothing is stronger than the Creator of all things!!!  Jesus' Power far exceeds any power the enemy has been given.  And... that same Power lives within us!!!  How incredible is that?!?  We have nothing to fear if we are following the One and residing within the One Who has complete Power over our enemy!

How does it explain Jesus' power to set you free? To set your friends free?

Jesus' work on the cross broke the power of the enemy over all of creation... It is why He can confidently say no one or nothing can remove us from His Hand... He is our Redeemer, our Rescuer, our Savior, our Protection, our Salvation, our Promise, our Brother and our Friend.  Who He has set free is free indeed!!! 

In the Parable of the Binding of the Strong Man, who is the strong man? Who is the stronger warrior? How does this explain Jesus' power to cast out demons? How does it explain Jesus' power to set you free? To set your friends free?

Jesus is the Stronger Man who has the power to overcome the lies, enticements, and deception of the enemy that you and I face. In Him is power for our deliverance. He is our Stronger Man. He is our Savior. He is our Rescuer. He is the power of God working in us who believe (1 Thessalonians 2:13; Philippians 2:12-13).

A27.

In the parable, Satan and/ or his agent is the strong man and the Lord Jesus Christ is the stronger warrior.

This explains Jesus power and ability to cast out demons, to set me and other believers free from every attack by satanic agents, spirits etc and to set me or other believers free from such satanic attack.

Q27. Binding the Strong Man (Luke 11:17-22)

ANSWER: The strong man, is, satan.

ANSWER: The stronger warrior is Jesus, himself. Jesus is the One who was and is stronger than the strong man, satan. He is the only One who can bind the strong man and rescue us from his clutches (see John 12:31).

ANSWER: Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is sovereign even over demons and the forces of evil. Christ is stronger than the devil because of who Christ is. He is not a mere man! He is “the God-man.” Even the demons know they must request of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Himself is that One who is able to cast Satan out.

How does it explain Jesus' power to set you free?

ANSWER: God is our Deliverer. Jesus defeated Satan on the cross. Christ’s death and resurrection broke our bondage to the law. John 8:36 confirms, “If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” Jesus set us free by paying the price for our sins. He said on the cross, “It is finished.” He completed the work of redemption.

To set your friends free?

ANSWER: Just as Jesus’ power sets me free, He will do the same for others. They must be willing to surrender their selfish will for God's will and accepting His sovereignty despite his or her limited knowledge and wisdom. It all comes down to FAITH and trusting in His power to set you free.

In the parable, satan is the strong man because he is able to come steal, kill and destroy lives but he knows that he cannot go beyond using his tricks to lure me to his kingdom that is soon coming to and end. He has been defeated at Golgotha and no longer has power over God's children.

Jesus is the Victorious, Stronger Warrior who defeated death through His Resurrection and Ascension so that those who believe in Him should have eternal, everlasting life. 

Jesus Christ's name is above all names that is why the demons begged Him to leave them alone. There is no force that is above the Omnipotent God who is able to defeat all the wickedness of the devil.

God loved us so much that He gave us His begotten Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. When the devil thought that he had crufified Jesus Christ, little did he know that the Resurrection was just as Jesus preached that He will destroy the temple and raise it up in three days. I am really thankful to God for being my Deliverer and setting me free. 

The only way of setting my friends free is to preach Christ resurrected. He is the way, the truth and the life. Jesus Christ wants us to come as we are and does not condemn anyone or reminds us what we did a few minutes ago. 

Q27. (Luke 11:17-22) In the Parable of the Binding of the Strong Man, who is the strong man? Who is the stronger warrior? How does this explain Jesus' power to cast out demons? How does it explain Jesus' power to set you free? To set your friends free?

The strong man is satan and the stronger warrior is Christ.

Jesus is God and has the power to cast out demons.

Jesus has come to set the captives free whether it is myself or a friend . He had the power to save all mankind from sin and He has defeated satan.Thank you Jesus!

In the binding of the strong man: Satan is the strong man. 

Jesus is the Stronger Warrior 

We know that since Jesus has the power to bind Satan, then we should know that He will have no problem casting out demons.

Jesus Christ has the authority, power to bind Satan and cast out demons: therefore having defeated our enemies, casting out the demons that had us bound, He sets us free. If Christ sets you free, you are free indeed.

If Jesus Christ has set us free then we can encourage our friends to trust in the Lord for Jesus can also set them free, and we can testify of this, and be a living witness that Christ has set us free 

In the Parable of the Binding of the Strong Man, who is the strong man? Who is the stronger warrior? How does this explain Jesus' power to cast out demons? How does it explain Jesus' power to set you free? To set your friends free?

Satan is the strong man, and Jesus Himself is the stronger warrior. Today in the world, and especially in my country, we are surrounded by evil and wickedness of all kinds. It can be very easy for us to be overwhelmed by all this negativity and Satan’s schemes. But knowing that God is sovereign, that Jesus is stronger, and that eventually He will conquer all evil, keeps me at complete peace. This reminds me of Phil 4:7: “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” As we put our trust in our Lord, we enjoy perfect, complete, and genuine peace – He is our rock (isa 17:10). We know that Jesus is mightier than Satan; He will overpower Satan and have him and his demons thrown into the lake of burning sulphur (Rev 20:10). We were all in bondage to sin, but Jesus’ death on the Cross and His resurrection has gained us victory over death, and has set us free from sin. In Rom 6:23 we read, “the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” We need to make a choice, either eternal death or accept the gift of eternal life by repenting and putting our trust in Jesus Christ as our Saviour. Our salvation is a free gift given only because of His love, grace, and mercy. We can intercede on behalf of our friends, and tell them about the Word of God that saves.

In Luke 11:17-22, the strong man represents the devil or Satan, who holds power and authority over those who are under his influence. Jesus, as the stronger warrior, represents the power of God. The passage illustrates that Jesus has the power to bind the strong man (Satan) and to plunder his house, which refers to freeing people from the bondage of sin and demonic oppression.

This concept explains Jesus' power to cast out demons by demonstrating that he has authority over the spiritual forces of evil. By binding the strong man (Satan), Jesus can liberate individuals from demonic possession and oppression, setting them free from the influence of darkness.

It signifies that through faith in Jesus and his redemptive work, anyone  can be freed from the power of sin and darkness , experiencing spiritual liberation and Salvation

Q27. (Luke 11:17-22) In the Parable of the Binding of the Strong Man, who is the strong man? Who is the stronger warrior? How does this explain Jesus' power to cast out demons? How does it explain Jesus' power to set you free? To set your friends free? 

I really liked your discussion of the parable.  I agree Jesus is the strongest man!!!  He is ALMIGHTY GOD!  I agree that is not preached often nowadays.  In fact, I cannot remember a sermon on God's Mighty Power.  And yet Jesus says, "All power and authority in Heaven and on earth has been given to Me."  Matthew 28:18 That is a lot of power!  Since Jesus is Almighty, since Jesus has ALL Power, He alone can cast out demons and set all of us FREE.  If the Son sets you free, you will be free INDEED." John 8:36

Q27. (Luke 11:17-22) In the Parable of the Binding of the Strong Man, who is the strong man? Who is the stronger warrior? How does this explain Jesus' power to cast out demons? How does it explain Jesus' power to set you free? To set your friends free?

1.  Satan is the strong man.

2. Jesus is the mighty and stronger warrior.

3. Jesus is the opposing warrior of Satan and he is stronger, bigger, more determined, and better armed. He has stronger strength than Satan which causes him to be an overcomer and a overpower man. Jesus has power to overcome lies, enticements, and deception of the enemy that we face.

4. Jesus died on the cross for our sins to be forgiven and for us to be reconciled to God. We were baptized and able to become free with all our sins removed as we were resurrected through baptism. 

5. Jesus taught that the kingdom of God has power to set the sinner free. If he set me free and I was determined to serve him, he can do it for others also.

I was hoping you'd ask a question about the kernel of wheat! There's a wonderful biblical commentator, Selwyn Hughes, who makes a big deal out of the phrase, "out of death comes life." (I hope I got it correct). 

Anyway, In the parable of the binding of the strong man, the strong man is Jesus Himself. He's also the stronger warrior. The bible is plumped full of militaristic imagery which I suppose made sense at that time and probably does now as well. What I see in this parable is two warriors facing off -- Jesus and Satan. It's obvious Jesus is going to win, but He still has to overwhelm Satan, which he did on the cross.

The demonic orders -- which I do not know -- are logically below (in strength) to the strongman. Thus, Jesus can set anyone, including demons, free. Of course this begs the issue of why he let a third of the angels fall, but I guess we'll have to live with that intellectual tension as we'll never know the answer.

I have never doubted Jesus' ability to set me and others free but I do lose traction at the statement that He will always set people free ... also, what that means. If you're in prison, will Jesus set you free? If you're trapped somewhere, can you count on Jesus to come get you? Jesus isn't like calling AAA for a free tow. He's God. He chooses to set some free and others not.

So, yes, He has the power for our deliverance ... and no, we can't count on being delivered.

How does it explain Jesus' power to set you free? To set your friends free?

Satan indeed is no weakling but Jesus by far is the stronger Warrior.  This is shown to us in human terms which we can relate to.  We can understand that a strong man would need to be bound first in order to overthrow him.  If he is loose he can still cause all sorts of "mischief" to try and prevent the overthrow.  Demons are the  beings that satan uses to try and thwart the work of Christ.  Jesus has shown again and again in the accounts of the Gospels and happenings throughout history that demons can be cast out of the victoms they try to hold in their power.  

Q. 27 (Luke 11:17-22)

The strong man here is Satan that rules the earth.

Jesus is the stronger warrior here no matter what Satan does. Satan is creating havoc through out the world, but Jesus is still in control.

Jesus holds the scepter in this world because he is the only one that can deliver us from evil and bring us closer to His Kingdom.

Jesus defeated  Satan with his earthly ministry and will destroyed him when He comes back. Jesus has the "Power."

In Jesus is the power for our deliverance. And, He will set the captives free from bondage of whatever we might be going through now in life. Just Believe!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 11:30 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Satan is the strong man.

Jesus is the stronger warrior.

Because Jesus is the Mighty Warrior, He is God having all power and authority.

Because of His shed blood, dying, buried, raised from the dead and seated at the right hand of the Father, He sent His Holy Spirit to all who accept and believe in Him. He sents us free.  He is our Deliverer, He is our Savior, He is our Rescuer.  He is the power of God working in us who believe. "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." (1 John 4:4)

He will set anyone free who accepts and believes in Him and His finished work.

Q27. (Luke 11:17-22) In the Parable of the Binding of the Strong Man, who is the strong man? Whom ever is trusting to guard the house. Without Christ we are attemtingvto be ourcown strong man.

Who is the stronger warrior? The enemy who is beyond our power or Christ our Lord to whom all power and authority is given.

How does this explain Jesus' power to cast out demons? There is no power above God’s power.

How does it explain Jesus' power to set you free? All power is his.

To set your friends free? All power is all power. The next issuecis keeping the room swept clean continued protected.

• 1 month later...

In the Parable of the Binding of the Strong Man, the strong man is Satan. Jesus is the stronger warrior and is more superior to him. Sense Jesus is the stronger Man he can do things that we can’t do so He can cast our demons. If we just believe in Jesus, we are free because Staten can’t take away Jesus’ power.