JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome to Faith of Abraham

Pastor Ralph

Greetings... I'm KJ from Colorado. This will be my first online Bible Study and I'm looking forward to this new experience. Since moving so far from any town, participating in a Bible Study in person has proved impossible. I miss the fellowship and the sharing of God's word with others. Although I realize an online study cannot take the place of interaction with others face to face, it can be a substitute until the time comes when a "in person" Bible Study is possible again. God Bless.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kindest greetings to you all from New Zealand! :P

My name is Claudine; I grew up in France but have lived in beautiful New Zealand since 1980. I have been a born again, spirit-filled Christian since 1986 and it's been a rich, awesome journey! God is so faithful!!

I 'stumbled' on this site a few days ago, so this is my very first Bible study here and I am so excited about learning about our forefather in the Faith: Abraham. What an awesome blessing! I love to learn more about God's Word all the time so I am always searching. Hebrews 11: 16 says that "..God.. is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.." This site is a wonderful reward! Thank you Lord and thank you Pastor Ralph!

God bless you all. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, My name is Glenn and I am exited to be studying with a group of Fellow Christians. I am a Walking Deacon in my church which means I have not yet been ordained but am under consideration. I teach Sunday School and Men's Bible Study and am also a member of the Music Ministry. I look foward to the exchange of ideas with everyone involved in this Study of Abraham who is an earthly father to us all. God Bless.

• 3 months later...

Greeting to you all in the Name of Jesus our Saviour and Great Reward! I'm from South Africa and am diligently seeking the Lord's face. I trust that this study will deepen my faith, and that I will learn a lot from all my brothers and sisters all over the world.

Peace and blessings!

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Minneapolis Mn. This is the first time I have joined an on-line forum. I look forward to making electronic friends with the same interests as myself. I have studied the life of Abraham, and hope to learn more about him from your persective.

• 5 months later...

Hi, my name is Pearl and I live in Florida. I have five adult children and several grands. I am certainly enjoying being a part of the Joyful Heart Bible Study groups. I am learning a lot from others and I can see myself growing. This Bible Study is God sent and is truly a blessing for me. The lessons are very informative and give me a better understanding of the lessons that I have previously read.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone. My name is Stephanie and I live in Tracy, California. I am married and have 2 extraordinary children (2 & 4). This is my first time doing a formal study of the this kind. I'm excited to learn more about Abraham. I have been reading the Old Testament recently and am amazed how God has revealed Himself to me. It's been unreal! I'm looking forward to learning more about Abraham and of course, myself.

Guest GingerEve

Hi! My name is Ginger. I live in Oklahoma USA, and yes, I go barefoot most of the time! This is my first study at this site, and I'm looking forward to it. I am reading and studying in the book of Genesis at home, so this will be a nice addition. Thank you for providing this forum and these studies.

Ginger

• 1 month later...

Hello to everyone,

My name is Alan and I am a pastor. I am taking these lessons and probably many more as study aids for me. I am planning to do at least a year study in the Book of Genesis and the Bible characters in Genesis are a fascinating study. Looking forward to starting.

I agree with Brian - that the internet can be used for a lot of questionable things but praise God it can also be used to bring honor and glory to His name!

It is fantastic to see people from other parts of the world in this forum also. Hopefully from your cultures you can add perspective that we can not see from our culture. This will be exciting. What is more exciting is that people from all over the world can come together, who would not have otherwise come together and learn together principles and precepts from the Word of God! What better way to bring people together than around the Word of God! Looking forward to it!

Blessings

Alan

• 5 months later...

Gid-day from The Promise Land....the Gold Coast, Australia! :)

my name is eLIZabeth, im happily married with 4 beautiful children...stumbled along this website the other day...im excited about this study!

Hello from the Desert Southwest. My name is John and I'm excited about this study in the Faith of Abraham. Hope to strengthen my own faith and trust in the Lord through this study.

• 1 month later...

Hello from Mauritius.i'm Yovan i was searching to study on the faith of abraham on the net the other days and i thank God i came across this website. i hope that after this study i will be able to walk by faith. :)

Study of Abraham Question1

Have I ever begun something in response to Gods urging and then stopped? Yes, most recently I had been employed as in-house Pastor for a rehab/assisted living community until I developed an extreme seizure disorder which required me to be resuscitated each time this occurred. Added to multitude of other physical challenges this closed the door on this opportunity.

Because of a stroke in 2006 I had surrendered my drivers license so transportation has been a challenge since we have a very small transit authority with limited hours and no week-ends. However, I always managed to get to the rehab center. During my hospitalization no one had called to check on me or to tell me that my job was no longer available. Hence, circumstances beyond my control prevented me from fulfilling a calling from which I had received from God.

I would say that I am not being disobedient as I am waiting for His new direction for me. Perhaps the frustration is blinding me slightly, but I try to listen with an open heart. He has brought me into contact with another pastor with which my wife and I attend his church. This is most difficult as I used to give sermons and Bible studies. I believe that somehow this new experience is His will and that it will benefit me in some capacity but I am just not sure how.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

My name is Harold Enick. I am from Pendleton, Oregon am new to this study forum but look forward to this opportunity. I grew up knowing of God but am now getting to know God. I grew up in church but strayed 3 years ago I came to the lord and accepted Jesus into my life my heart.

I am pleased to meet everyone and hope to learn and contrubute here.

Thank you

Hello,

My name is Harold Enick. I am from Pendleton, Oregon am new to this study forum but look forward to this opportunity. I grew up knowing of God but am now getting to know God. I grew up in church but strayed 3 years ago I came to the lord and accepted Jesus into my life my heart.

I am pleased to meet everyone and hope to learn and contrubute here.

Thank you

• 1 year later...

Hello Everyone!

I am Shanth from India and I just discovered this amazing website through His leading

last week! All praise be to God for this treasure chest. Abraham's life has a special significance to mine

and hence I chose this study. I am really excited and am looking forward to take this adventurous journey with you! God bless! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi My name is Jim. I am getting ready to do a small group study for 8 weeks at our church. The pastor will be doing a 8 week sermon series on Sundays and I will be attempting to do my very first small group study on Wednesday night to go along with the pastor's sermon. I'm hoping that by doing this bible class it will help me in conducting our group small group study. Please pray for me that our group study starting 8 June 2016 will go according to God's will.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi my name is Henry Holden:)I am from Gastonia NC and I am married and I have two grown children; they are a boy and a girl, and I have been saved since the year 1977, and I am glad to meet each of you. At first it was hard for me to register and I think I registered for a different course trying to do this. Also I am looking forward to this class and I hope I will not have much problems going forward.