JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Surrendering Our Lives to God

Q2. Can we really know God until we can trust him with our whole lives? Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ? If not, why not now? If you have, what has that surrender entailed for you? How has God blessed you in return?

To insist that unless we know God, we cannot trust Him is foolishness. Paul, in his latter part of ministry, says that I may know Him… Knowing Him is an ongoing process and for which even eternity wouldn’t be sufficient. Yes I have surrendered my life to Him and growing to know Him more and more as the days go by. He is the same, yesterday today and forever. He becomes sweeter and sweeter as the days go by and that in itself is the biggest blessing that anyone can possess… to have Him as your God and Father.  

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. Can we really know God until we can trust him with our whole lives? Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ? If not, why not now? If you have, what has that surrender entailed for you? How has God blessed you in return?

In truth you can't know God without fully trusting with our lives. When it comes to draws to it I need to be willing to trust Him and surrender to Him daily because He is my Lord. For me, the surrender is complete meaning everything in my life and nothing is left out at this point in my life. He has given me a ministry I now take care of and bring people to Christ through it. 

• 1 year later...

Can we really know God until we can trust him with our whole lives? Have you surrendered your life to Jesus Christ? If not, why not now? If you have, what has that surrender entailed for you? How has God blessed you in return?

Yes, I do trust God with my all. Without Him there is no hope, no use to go on .... there is nothing to live for   ...     I yielded my mind, will, emotions      I give Him control    ...   my blessing ultimately will be    ...     ETERNAL LIFE WITH HIM IN GLORY

There are times (i dread them, but they come) when i take back (steal) what previously had been surrendered. What misery until I return it to where it belongs  ....    at the feet  of Jesus. 

• 1 year later...

It's a process. I start at point "A" and end up, at my death, at point "B," and in the interim, is the ongoing process of sanctification. I will never fully trust, surrender or understand God while on this earth. My goal is to move closer to point "B" while alive, to be like Him.

Pastor Ralph's question in which he asked us if it were possible to "really" know God unless He was trusted entirely, if answered honestly, would be NO. I can only see through a glass darkly, not "really" know Him. I know bits of Him. I am increasingly aware of how little I know.

I trust Him incompletely, too, though am trusting Him more.

Out of death comes life. Surrendering is lifting up a desire, sin, dream or hope and then walking away from it, expecting (with the faith of a mustard seed, at times) Him to honor my imperfect surrender. It's forcing myself to not look back (Lot's wife). It's clinging to what God says in spite of my circumstances. 

I'm awestruck by how so many of you confidently assert that you've completely trusted God and died to self. I wish I were you. Sadly, my life is different. It's slower, I guess. Every small jump in spiritual maturity seems to take aeons. The kernel of wheat is on the ground ... I'm waiting for it to produce many seeds. I believe, and repeat to myself almost hourly, that out of death comes life. 

Blessings? God has sustained me. I'm safe.

• 3 months later...

The best way to truly know God is trust God with our whole lives. Only half trusting him hinders how we see him and our relationship with him.

Surrendering my life to Jesus has require some necessary changes to happen in my character and the way I seen things but it has blessed me in my relationship with him and to see things from a greater perspective. I wanted to see things from his point of view so that required and still requires character building.