JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. The Lord Who Provides

Q3. (22:14) How have you learned to trust God to provide for you? How has he provided for you in the past? What are you facing right now that will require God to be your Provider, your Jehovah-Jireh?

One example of the Lord providing for me would be an occasion when he supplied the money necessary to pay our taxes and home insurance. Now this may seem a bit ridiculous to some by the fact that we should save for it, however this is not always possible.

The thing that is facing me right now is a spiritual blessing from the Lord. Spiritual life has it's up's and down's, why no one knows. When the Lord blesses us with his Holy Spirit it is indeed a reminder that he has never left or forgotten me.   

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (22:14) How have you learned to trust God to provide for you? How has he provided for you in the past? What are you facing right now that will require God to be your Provider, your Jehovah-Jireh?

God teaches us to trust Him through the difficult times that we go through. Through these situations we learn to put our trust in Him and experience Him to be the provider of our life. Yes He has provided for me in the past and I believe that He will be my provider for the future too.

• 3 months later...

I have learned to trust God as Provider by praying to Him daily for my provisions in my life and needs and not my wants. He has given us what we needed when we needed it. I am considering bariatric surgery and the plan of eating is very strict and that means I need to make more changes to my dietary changes yet again to make it work for me. I need Him to help me see that He is able to provide for me.

• 1 year later...

He has provided again and again. Not only has He met needs financially, but has helped physically, mentally/psychologically, spiritually  ...   time and time again. I cannot claim that it is anything I do or don't do. I do know that reading His Word and hearing His Word and sharing His Word is a tremendous boost  ...   nevermind my state of being. 

My son is without a job and not in a good place spiritually, actually all-round  ....    I know and need to be reminded as i too  go up Mt Moriah and sacrifice this wole siruation to God, that HE IS MY PROVIDER, MY JEHOVAH JIREH. 

• 1 year later...

I am learning to trust God to provide for me right now. I've never been concerned, too much, about material things. It's strange, but I find it easy to trust Him in this way -- I write this hesitatingly fearing I'll be tested! I've had some health issues, nothing much, but have trusted Him to heal me, and, in time, I've always healed.

It's the bigger things of life for which I need to trust Him much more: a sense of purpose, love, the salvation of the secular people I know and love, a calling and destination, the need to accomplish and that horrible feeling that life is ticking by and I haven't really had a chance to live ... yet! I pray He works FAST. I know I'm not supposed to pray this, but I pray that His clock speeds up. I'm just so impatient for change. Positive change.

Do you recall how Abraham bargained with God over Lot and Sodom? This gives me hope. I can bargain with God and He may even relent and hurry or change His mind. My future isn't set in stone. It's not predetermined in a fatalistic way. There's hope.

I cling to the hope that God will intervene and provide ... yes, provide, the big things I so crave.