JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

(4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account, do you think? How was their giving linked to temporal blessings?          

Philippians'' financial gifts credit to their heavenly account through partnership with Paul in the missionary enterprise in which Paul was engaged. Paul did the leg work and the Philippians' financially supported his work.  As a result, the profit of souls being saved would be shared by the both and credited to their accounts.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The financial gift should be an outcome of a loving heart to produce a good return to the heavenly account which is the spiritual account of every person.  Giving by love and for love is very different to giving for fame.  The amount of the gift of love may seem little or negligible according to the measurement of the world, but in can bring a huge spiritual return to the giver.

Jesus has told us about true giving:

Mat 6:1  Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Mat 6:2  Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mar 12:43  And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

Mar 12:44  For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

The gift that Christian make with their hearts will incur an interest for their hearts, it is not convertible to the material or temporal blessings.  The temporal blessings is whatever God has provided through His creation for man to live and he must work hard to gain them.

Any preacher who proclaims that by giving more the followers will earn more blessings, is a liar.  His is a deceiver, or a false prophet.

The most known historical deceiving propaganda in Christian churches, is the sale of indulgences of the Roman Catholic Church.

Today, many other deceiving forms of giving are still running in all Christian churches to raise funds and to enrich the pastors and church leaders.  Thus the ignorant followers are scammed by those religious thieves.  This is the reason for Jesus to say:

Mat 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Shalom to the Saints by Faith in Messiah Yahshua.

Greetings,

1. When we give thanksgiving before prayer, requests, petitions to Yah in the midst of an attitude of remembering Yahs faithfulness, love and power in past situations and thus expectations of His answer in the situation builds more faith. By asking and having a conversation with Yah about our requests causes our relationship to deepen because it then builds more faith and trust in Him when He answers your prayer.

2. When we pray with thanksgiving

Yahs peace will guide our hearts and mind.

Shalom

Faith

It is quite clear that Paul thought of the Philippians' financial contributions (and sending Epaphroditus to assist) in terms of a business partnership -- Paul supplied the labor while the Philippians supplied the financial backing. The "profit" or "fruit" that resulted in men, women, and children won to Christ and serving as disciples in new churches -- that was credited to their heavenly account just as much as it was to Paul's account. They would both share in the reward. The idea here is that as the enterprise matures, the investor will receive more than he has invested. Both the ideas of reciprocity and multiplication are present.

Q3. (4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account, do you think? How was their giving linked to temporal blessings?

Paul was content no matter what the circumstances, he was nevertheless grateful for the help the Philippians sent with Epaphroditus.

Because they gave of their means they shared with the apostle in his troubles; they did something about his problem.

In the very beginning of their Christian experience (Acts 16) when Paul left Macedonia they alone shared with him in the matter of giving and receiving.  Paul on his second missionary journey (Acts 17:1) and experienced definite need, the Philippians sent him aid twice. 

Q3. (4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their 

heavenly account, do you think? How was their giving linked to temporal 

blessings?

1. The "profit" or "fruit" that resulted in men, women, and children won to 

Christ and serving as disciples in new churches -- that was credited to their 

heavenly account just as much as it was to Paul's account. They would both 

share in the reward.God would take care of them and their giving was helping

them to receive a heavenly reward.

1. The principle of receiving a reward also is involved in giving to the poor:

"He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, 
and he will reward him for what he has done." (Proverbs 19:17) We must give 

with a pure heart and not to be seen.

Q3. (4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their 

heavenly account, do you think? How was their giving linked to temporal 

blessings?

1. The "profit" or "fruit" that resulted in men, women, and children won to 

Christ and serving as disciples in new churches -- that was credited to their 

heavenly account just as much as it was to Paul's account. They would both 

share in the reward.God would take care of them and their giving was helping

them to receive a heavenly reward.

1. The principle of receiving a reward also is involved in giving to the poor:

"He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, 
and he will reward him for what he has done." (Proverbs 19:17) We must give 

with a pure heart and not to be seen.

Shalom to the Saints by Faith in Messiah Yahshua.

GREETINGS,

1. They were credited by their giving of the heart with no recompense, no expectations in return. When you give on the earth you have a righteous payment at the resurrection of the Saints.

2. Their giving was linked to temporal blessings by, "What you sow, so shall you reap.

I have found when I am in the most need when I give whether it be time, the limited food I have and i give

thats when Yah opens up the window of heaven and pours out a blessing that I cannot contain it. Its in my lack and I give that is the true sacrifice of self, that is when I am beautifully blessed. HalleluYah

Shalom

FAITH

Q3. (4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account, do you think?

Answer: Because of the many souls that was brought to Christ in Paul's mission, God will reward the Philippian brethren with the crowns in heaven.

How was their giving linked to temporal blessings?

Answer: Because they give more than they can afford to God's ministry, the Philippians where abundantly blessed by God in return.

• 9 months later...
On 5/6/2005 at 11:22 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (4:14-16) How were the Philippians' financial gifts credited to their heavenly account, do you think? How was their giving linked to temporal blessings?

When God told us to give and it will be given unto you, it is a promise that God will never forget and he will bless you.

Every time you give for God it will come back a 100 fold.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q3. Spiritual Investments