JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

The condition that must be met in the context of Philippians 4:19-20 is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  Our faith must not be faulty by doubt.  We must always have confidence in the blessings and providence of God that we will harvest the good fruits of our hard labour as well as our spiritual growth in faith.  The Lord Jesus Christ’s promise always accomplishes for anyone who has faith in him and live in obedience to God’s commandments.  The promise of the Lord Jesus Christ is we will have our sins purged by the sacrifice of His own blood; we will be justified by Christ who is our advocate and our judge when He returns; and we will be the citizens of God’s Kingdom when this earth will pass away and a new earth will be created by Christ himself (Revelation 21-22)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid? What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise? In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?          

The condition that must be met for the promise to be valid is giving of your own resources to God and his kingdom work. There is unlimited fulfillment of the promise.  It is according to God's bank account not ours.  The promise mean to me is that God will always meet my needs.  All I have to do is ask.

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid? What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise? In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

Others were always uppermost in Paul's mind. He was not looking for a gift simply to satisfy his own needs. He wanted credit to come to the account of the Philippians.

Since these people had already helped him so much, Paul did not want them to think he was still looking for more from them. He had received from the Philippians full payment, all the money they had sent, so he was then abounding and was amply supplied. What they had sent with Epaphroditus had an effect on both him and God, for the gifts were a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. The term "fragrant offering" was used in Leviticus for an offering that pleased God. 

God would reciprocate to the Philippians. They had met Paul's needs and now God would meet theirs. God would not only bless them out of or from His bounty but also in accordance with His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
To our God - his heavenly Father and theirs - the apostle gave thanks and praise. 

We can trust that God will always meet our needs. Whatever we need on earth he will always supply, even if it is the courage to face death as Paul did. Whatever we need in heaven he will supply. We must remember, however, the difference between our wants and our needs. Most people want to feel good and avoid discomfort or pain. We may not get all that we want. By trusting in Christ, our attitudes and appetites can change from wanting everything to accepting his provision and power to live for him.

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met 

for the promise to be valid? What is the limit of the fulfillment of the 

promise? In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

1. Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given

to you. Put God first and have faith that he will honor your request. Pray and expect 

that God will "fully provide for" all of our needs.

2. There is no limit to what God can do. God will meet all of our needs according 

to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. We cannot deplete God's wealth by answered prayer.

3. God will provide all of our needs for sure as long as we are giving him our all and all. 

We must trust and believe him for our requests. Being obedient is necessary for us to honor him.

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met 

for the promise to be valid? What is the limit of the fulfillment of the 

promise? In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

1. Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given

to you. Put God first and have faith that he will honor your request. Pray and expect 

that God will "fully provide for" all of our needs.

2. There is no limit to what God can do. God will meet all of our needs according 

to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. We cannot deplete God's wealth by answered prayer.

3. God will provide all of our needs for sure as long as we are giving him our all and all. 

We must trust and believe him for our requests. Being obedient is necessary for us to honor him.

Shalom Saints by Faith in Messiah Yahshua.

GREETINGS,

1. The conditions that must be met is giving of your own resources to Yah and His Kingdom work. I am to give to Yah and others so that I meet the conditions to obtain His promises.

2. There is no limit. Yah will supply all my needs, but it is what He wants for my life not what we think we want.

3. What this promise means to me is what I sow is what I will reap.

Whatever I ask in Faith believing according to Yahs will, will be fulfilled in my life. His bank account of giving is always filled it's whether i believe whether i will receive it or not.

Trust Yah to meet our needs no matter what. The things that are impossible with man are impossible with Yahweh.

Shalom

FAITH

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid?

Answer: That if we give for Gods glory and honor, for Gods work and ministry, then the promise will be valid.

What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise?

Answer: The verse said; "And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches", it means ALL, it means no LIMITATION, no BOUNDARIES.

In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

Answer: That if I give with a good intention, which is for the Love of God, surely God will bless me & my family abundantly that we will be able to extend our giving to more Gods ministry.

• 9 months later...
On 5/6/2005 at 11:22 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (4:19-20) In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid? What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise? In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

Jesus as your Lord and Savior, to have faith and believe that God is working for you not against you.

There is no limit to THE PROMISES that God has given us.

Everything, knowing My LORD is taking care of me, that  I don't have to worry. To give is to receive. 

• 5 years later...

In this context, what is the condition that must be met for the promise to be valid? What is the limit of the fulfillment of the promise? In your own words, what does the promise mean to you?

--

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (4:19-20)

The context is faith ... faith in Him, a faith so great that we give to others.

This is a specific promise given to the Philippians referring to their monetary gift to Paul. It shows God's character, as seen through the eyes of Paul, to be generous and willing to meet needs out of His abundance.

With God there are no limits to what He could do, if He chose.

I am hesitant to claim promises that are not universal but written to a particular people at a particular place and time. Having said that, this reveals God's character which is timeless. If God rewarded the Philippians for their generosity to Paul, perhaps He will choose to reward us, too.