JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Strategic Placement

Q3. (1:11) In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's? Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government? What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives? Has this ever happened to you? How do you pray in situations like this?

I assume we are referring to NEHEMIAH here instead of Daniel. In what way does Nehemiah's situation compared to Esther's? Their situations are similar in that both asked God for so much favor that the Kings would reverse their decisions. However, the reversal may make the King look bad and both Nehemiah and Esther could have lost their positions and lives.

Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government? What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives? Has this ever happened to you? How do you pray in situations like this?

God has placed his people in strategic positions today so that 1) they can make right decisions according to his truth, 2) organisations especially the military and the government will be run by God-fearing men and women who rely on God's wisdom in discharging their duties, and 3) the nation will be covered with prayer by these people.

Obeying God's commandments, praying, speaking the truth, honesty are some of the responsibilities we have to God that can endanger our positions and lives because the secular world does not see these as important. In many cases, we are requested to do the complete opposite.

I have not encountered such a situation before. I think we all have to pray for our leaders (nation, companies we work for, schools our children attend). If our leaders are Christian, then we pray that they will be God-fearing men and women. If they are not, we have to pray for God's protection and for God to touch them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume we are referring to NEHEMIAH here instead of Daniel. In what way does Nehemiah's situation compared to Esther's? Their situations are similar in that both asked God for so much favor that the Kings would reverse their decisions. However, the reversal may make the King look bad and both Nehemiah and Esther could have lost their positions and lives.

Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government? What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives? Has this ever happened to you? How do you pray in situations like this?

God has placed his people in strategic positions today so that 1) they can make right decisions according to his truth, 2) organisations especially the military and the government will be run by God-fearing men and women who rely on God's wisdom in discharging their duties, and 3) the nation will be covered with prayer by these people.

Obeying God's commandments, praying, speaking the truth, honesty are some of the responsibilities we have to God that can endanger our positions and lives because the secular world does not see these as important. In many cases, we are requested to do the complete opposite.

I have not encountered such a situation before. I think we all have to pray for our leaders (nation, companies we work for, schools our children attend). If our leaders are Christian, then we pray that they will be God-fearing men and women. If they are not, we have to pray for God's protection and for God to touch them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Q3. (1:11) In what way does Nehemiah's situation compare to Esther's.

Like Esther, Nehemiah was in a high position close to the Babylonian monarch. What they knew they had to do was dangerous in that it could even mean their life. In all of the scheme, they realized that God may have placed them in that position for that very moment. Both prayed to God for success and courage and were able to do what the needed to do.

Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government?

I believe God wants more Esthers and Nehemiahs that will seek God for the courage to use their strategic positions to influence society and communities for Him and for what is right.

What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives?

If others do not like what we propose, we can loose our job or position. We can cause people to turn against us and not like us. In some countries of the world, people are loosing their lives for their Christian beliefs.

Has this ever happened to you?

I can't think of an instance at this moment.

How do you pray in situations like this? We have to pray for the courage and right strategy. Both Esther did not just jump in and do it rashly, but they prayed and fasted before finding a good "plan" to approach the situation with wisdom.

• 8 months later...

Q3. (1:11) In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's. Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government?

Daniel’s situation compares to Esther’s, because Artaxerxes’ had made a policy that was against the Jews and Jerusalem that was due to the influence of Rehum the Chancellor and his compatriots.When Nehemiah makes his requests if the king felt manipulated, because of the policy in place Nehemiah could have lost his life.In the same way Esther had to put her life on the line when Haman, an enemy of the Jews, plotted to destroy the Jewish community.

God places people in strategic positions today to preserve and to protect His plan program for His children and for the furtherance of the Gospel.

What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives?

We, as God’s children, have the responsibility to be witnesses for Christ, and to give out the Gospel no matter what the cost.

Has this ever happened to you?

Yes, at work, and I had trying times trying to stay obedient to God and His Word, but God brought me through with the help the Holy Spirit, and the promises found in His Word.

How do you pray in situations like this?

In situations like this I have prayed with weeping and mourning. Asking God for strength to see me through, so that, He alone would get all of the glory, honor, and praise when I reach the other side of the situation.

• 1 year later...

Q3. (1:11) In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's? Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government? What responsibilities do we have to God that can cause danger to our positions and our lives? Has this ever happened to you? How do you pray in situations like this?

Daniel and Esther both held high positions in the government and were being called on by God to save their people. It's even more amazing that they were in the same palace. I believe God places people in strategic positions because He has chosen to use people to accomplish His plans on the earth. Will we stand up for His name? It is our responsibility to stand for God's truth at all times even if it means that we might die for our beliefs. This has never really happened to me although I was with a group in Turkey who was being watched. Some areas of the country are very anti-Christian. I think we probably prayed as a group and our missionary leader finally got him to leave us alone.

• 3 weeks later...

Both Daniel and Esther were placed in specific positions as part of God’s plan for His people. God places us in specific positions even today to execute His deliverance in many ways for His people. It is for us to show God strong by maintaining a vocal and action made faith in the presence of others at any risk to ourselves. I spent a few decades in a governmental position where my God, my Lord, showed Himself strong on my behalf. Many threats and works of evil came against my faith but I was delivered of them all. My prayers were sometimes in suffering and fasting before the Lord but every event had its victory. As I moved forward in position I cared for His people with the same Spirit.

• 1 month later...

In what way does Daniel's situation compared to Esther's.

Both were Jews who unexpectedly ended up in the kings trust and had opportunity to influence the future. Both believed in God and saw God's provision. Both knew God can put people in positions to do His will and to show His power. God has used both of them to show His power.

Why does God place his people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government?

He has always done it and He always will. He is in control of all situations. He is also in control of the community, of business, of military and the government. By putting His people in strategic positions He exercise His control. He can do it anyway He wants to but most often He does it through His servants.

We serve God 1st and above all, this can bring us into conflict with the world. Whether a situation might harm us or not, we must always be available to God.

Has this ever happened to you? How do you pray in situations like this?

Yes. Just ask for wisdom, God's will and God's protection. If needed i will remind God of His promises and i will reaffirm to God my willingness to serve Him.

• 2 years later...

God will place people where they need to be to accomplish his work. He needs to have certain things done at certain times by certain people. We need to stand firm in what God needs us to do. We need to be willing to die for our beliefs. We need to stand up for our brothers and sisters. We need to see that justice is done. We need to really pray when faced with death. we need to ask God to help us bit if we are to die let us die with grace. To have asked God to protect me or give me a swift and painless death.

The way that Daniel’s situation compared to Ester’s is that they are going to go before the king and is not invited therefore they could lose their lives. God places his people in strategic positions today because He is still looking out for the ones that He loves. The responsibilities we have to God that can cause danger to our positions or our lives is that we are to worship Him and that we are to spread the word about Jesus Christ being our savior.

Whenever I am in this situation I pray to God and ask for His protection.

• 5 months later...

Daniel,Esther and Nehemiah though captives were placed in important positions in the king's palace,where they were in a position to influence the king and the officials in the government. At the same time their lives were at stake. God places His people in places of power and influence to accomplish His will and purposes for the betterment,welfare and safety of His chosen people. However, God's people in power should realise their position and not become selfish,self centered and work for their own enrichment or welfare.

The plans of God are beyond human thinking,incomprehensible. God places us in strategic places,where we can influence unbelievers not only with sharing God's love and His word, but also by our talk,attitude,honest conduct and living a holy life bring glory to God. Wherever we may be placed or in whatever position it may be, we should be able to influence like Nehemiah the people placed above us or under us exhibiting God's love and living a holy life.

• 4 years later...

Comparing the Book of Daniel, just as the God of Israel saved Daniel and his friends from their enemies, so he would save all Israel in their present oppression.

And

The book of Esther and the Jewish community of Shushan having fasted for 3 days and 3 nights before she approached the king (Esther 4:16). Fasting which is presumed to have occurred on the 13th of Adar, when the Jews fought a battle against their enemies.

Each of one of us is capable of serving no matter what our position. Just as Nehemiah used his place as the king’s trusted servant to intercede for his people, we can use our present positions to serve God. We have the responsibility to stand up and serve in the Kingdom of God.

• 3 years later...

Daniel, Nehemiah, and Esther all found themselves in position of political disfavor, or at least uncertainty.  All three of them had no idea of the result of the request to authority that they were making.  God places people in strategic positions today in the community, in business, in the military, in government because Jesus told us that we are salt and light to our generations.  Currently one of my friends is only one of 5 evangelical chaplains in the army in Ukraine.  He needs prayer for courage, protection, and boldness in sharing the Gospel.  Have I been in this Nehemiah situation?  Entering Ukraine from 2014 on--I know my days are His and my life is His.  I love this Ukrainian people and I know God loves them more.  Will I die with them? maybe.