JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. We Shall See His Face

When meditating on "seeing His face," I think of intimacy, awe, love, togetherness, and oneness with the Lord God. I think that everything is okay and the battle in my life with sin and the world are over. I think of being in a pure and holy state with the Lord God. I think of being with the One who created all things -- my creator. I am thinking joy, delight, and love.

The Lord's Supper should stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it to create a real expectation and excitement in us of what is ahead. Like preview to a great movie, the Lord's Supper should create in us an excitement in being part of the Great Banquet and the experience of eternal life with the Lord God.

• 4 months later...

Q4. (Revelation 22:4) When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind?

A song sung by Mercy Me, comes to mind.

I can only imagine

What my eyes will see

When your face

Is before me

I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel

Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still

Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall

Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all

I can only imagine

Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it?

Because of Jesus

• 7 months later...

Q4. (Revelation 22:4) When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind?

I think of His smile

His gentleness and strength

I think of falling into His arms

like falling into an Ocean of Love

Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts? it is the Great Gift beyond words, if I was a poet maybe i could come close but really the experience is perhaps beyond words and each generation simply do their best to describe heavenly life

• 6 months later...

When I meditate on Jesus face all I see is nothing was TRUE LOVE. There is no words that could describe what I see on Jesus face. He is so full of compassion that even I am so awe and speechless. All I know that when you meditate on His face there is nothing unholy but pure holiness and purity that you are so not worthy to look upon His face.

• 1 month later...
Q4. (Revelation 22:4) When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind? Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it?

When I meditate on seeing His face, is to be able to dwell with Christ in the midst of His faithful people, to walk with Him, to talk with Him, and to look upon His face, of the one that died for me. It should stimulate our thoughts because it is what we are striving fo. Eternal life wit God and His kingdom.

• 11 months later...

Q4. (Revelation 22:4) When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind? Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it?

Revelation 22:4 - They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.

When I think of that day when I see Jesus, it will be a magnificent sight. However I can imagine it but it will be beyond my comprehension. In the future, when I take communion, I will remember what Jesus died for us, but I will also anticipate meeting Him.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When you see someone's face, you're with him.

The Lord's Supper gives us a glampse about being in His precense.

• 3 months later...

Q4. (Revelation 22:4)

When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind?

To come into the presence of our Almighty God is an awesome thought! What a blessing, what a privilege.

Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it?

Every time I partake of the Lord

• 1 month later...

I think I'd be in a state of awe for several years in absolute worship. The thoughts that come now, MARANATHA!!

The Lord's Supper should stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it because the Great Banquet is a reality that soon will take place.

• 1 month later...

(Revelation 22:4) When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind? Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it?

To see His face....what glory that will be.....to be in the presence of my savior.....to see the love shining in His eyes for me....to hear Him whisper my name as His beloved. I think we should honor and have the thoughts of love and devotion to Him.....our Christ Jesus. To spend eternity with Him because of what He gave up for me.....to share at the same banquet table.....AWESOME!!!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

When I think of seeing His face, and when I take Holy Communion many thoughts go through my mind.  I think of what Jesus did for me.  I think of my sins and the nails that were pounded into his hands and feet.  I know when I see his face it will be radiant.  The sun could not be brighter than his face!  When I kneel at the altar and take the bread and drink the cup I see myself taking it with my Heavenly Father and I am filled with awe.

• 1 year later...

I feel the concept of ultimate peace and love every time I think of seeing his face. I sense the end of pain, the end suffering and the end of needing or wanting. I should want to think about this every time I partake in the Lord's Supper. Jesus should be the only thought that is in my mind.

• 3 years later...

Q4. (Revelation 22:4) When you meditate on "seeing his face," what thoughts come to mind? Why should the Lord's Supper stimulate these thoughts every time we partake of it?

1. I look forward to seeing him, rejoicing, and feeling something I never felt before.

2. Jesus suffered and died for me, he loves me so much he was willing bore all my sins on the cross and shed his blood.