JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 40

Q3. (Psalm 40:5b) When you realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on you in particular, how does that make you respond?

Grateful, overwhelmed, thankful, encouraged, hopeful, overcome with awe!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Q3. (Psalm 40:5b) When you realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on you in particular, how does that make you respond?

Short answer - if God can be for us who can be against us.

Knowing that God cares for us and cares for our activities it not only makes us humble, but it also it gives us a fortitude of strength and willingness to carry on. What can the fiery darts of the devil do to us since God is with us. He is our strength and our salvation comma our Salvation in this life and in the Life to Come . Amen  .

• 4 months later...
On August 18, 2007 at 11:05 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Dear God, I have not focused on you enough.  My thoughts and faith are so small compared to your love for me.  I have not gone to you right away in my times of distress.  I have not trusted you nor turn my thoughts to you when anxiety raises its ugly head.  Although my troubles are not like the hose of David's, not heels they are troubles.  Lord I pray that I developed the faith of David, of Abraham, of Paul and all those others who have given their whole lives to you.  Even though they faced great troubles they always, and automatically turned to you.  If I would only learn this.

• 9 months later...

When I realize the fact that His thoughts and plans are on me I want to give him all the glory for everything I do that glorifies Him. A classic example of this is my ministry that I am part of that God gave me. My poetry is another and my book is yet another. All these things I am partners with Christ in. So I must give Him glory when someone is brought to him through the ministry. 

It makes me realize that God does care about every detail of my life. Nothing is too insignificant for Him. It makes me realize that I do not spend enough time with Him getting to know Him as I should. He knows me very well but I do not know Him as well as I should. It makes me realize how much He loves me and wants me to flourish. Yet time and time again I disappoint Him. Yet He still loves me no matter; how can I not love Him in return?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Psalm 139:17 says that the thoughts that God things towards us are innumerable. And the thoughts that He thinks towards us are thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give us a future and an expected end. He knows everything about us. He has charted out the course of action of our lives even before we know anything about it. He is the God who knows our end from its beginning. And the thoughts that He thinks towards us is precious and the sum total of them is more than the grains of sand in the seashore. When I realize the magnitude of His thoughts towards me and that too, good thoughts, I am excited and contented that He will perfect that which concerns me. I am in good hands. The hands that will never let me down. To God be all the glory.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

My response is hope.

When I realize that god’s thoughts and plans are focused on me, it's reassuring for God knows how long I’ve been waiting, waiting, waiting … waiting to be rescued. I hope this psalm is prophetic because I have been begging Him to rescue me, to put my feet on solid ground and give me a new song in my heart. When I read this psalm, it encourages me wait longer with a little bit more patience.

Since God’s character is unchanging, if He rescued David who was faithful to Him, He will rescue me as well.

"Lord, please rescue me and give me a new song. I am waiting for you Lord, not always patiently but always faithfully."