JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 40

Q3. (Psalm 40:5b) When you realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on you in particular, how does that make you respond?

I am at peace when I realize this, as I know that my own thoughts and plans often fall short of what is good for me and others around me. I think of the oft used quote "Want to make Go laugh? Tell him your plans."

Best to ask for His plans, then still my mind so I can listen for His response.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

His love and glory redeemed me setting my feet on solid ground. But this wasn't done to my glory but his. Our part is to glorify him and praise him because of who He is. We are all His creation but those who repent and turn unto Him with praise and worship become His children who are then worthy of service in His work. To many try to place themselves as the object of ???. Even the apostle Peter was told to 'feed my sheep' not find sheep to follow Peter.

• 1 month later...
Q3. (Psalm 40:5b) When you realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on you in particular, how does that make you respond?

It makes me respond with the highest praise and glory I can give to my Lord. When I think about God's love for us, as individuals, that He cares enough to want to be involved in our lives, in everything we do, to talk to us one on one, I just cannot comprehend it all. To know that hte Lord wants to bless us beyond our measure.

(Psalm 40:5b) When you realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on you in particular, how does that make you respond? The first world that comes to mine is WOW. To really think that God who created everything and everyone is so powerful that he don't omit anyone especially me. To really know that he have a plan for me in this life and already know what it will be like in the end is great. But the problem is that we don't alway see it that way. But we should all take this time and really focus on that fact that we are really never alone. God focus is really on us. That is powerful. I never really thought about it that way, we often say God knows everything, are God see everything but to think about that fact that God focused is on everything it goes beyond seeing, and knowing, it tells me He is taking a special interest in me, he is watching over something/someone that is very important to Him. So in other words we are never alone, we always have someone to talk to, to embrace, someone that Love us no matter what. I think you in Jesus Name.

• 1 month later...

ANS - It makes me feel very humbled, to know that the God of the universe loves me that much. I am in great praise and thanksgiving. Thank you dear Heavenly Father for your great love that you have my life planned out for me. Help me to be faithful to you and walk in that plan!

• 2 months later...

To know that God thinks of me during his unhurried schedule... (which in my eyes i was thinking he was too busy) its incredible to know that God the ALMIGHTY EVERLASTING KING OF KINGS NAME OVER ALL ELSE ALPHA OMEGA thinks about ME.... Little old ME. To know that he has everything all laid out for me and that the end result is with him.... what else can I ask for. The one thing that struck me was when I gave birth to my son. The love I all of a sudden had for this new baby boy, it reminded me of how much God loved and still loves me. The immense love that I had for my boy God always and will forever have for me. And its funny cause throughout my whole life there has always been 1 verse that he has constantly shown me. Whereever I was what ever I am doing. Even in a book I would read it or in a movie I would hear it but the same verse keeps me going. JEREMIAH 29:11.

WHOOHOO.. God has everything under control...

• 4 weeks later...

It is wonderful when God shows me what to do, and then I do it. Like to purchase a special gift for someone, a really good person who is in economic stress. Also to enjoy the pleasure of giving/gifting the way God wants me to give is s true delight. Christmas is the season of giving gifts to remember the gift God gave to us with the birth of Jesus.

I'm sure He has many other plans for me to execute, and I pray to be able to hear His commands. Also, keeping the las of the bible is another way to focus on God's thought's and plans for me. How blessed we/I am when I am sure of hearing His word to me.

In all honesty, when I know that God's thoughts and plans are focused on me there is a mixture of feelings. I'm confused because to the world I seem pretty insignificant and that is where I (and most others)tend to seek acceptance and affirmation of worth. I am also humbled to know that a power infinitely greater than me is considering me to be a significant part of His grand plans. Other feelings come to the surface too, confidence, peace, a sense of purpose, gratitude, comfort, indestructibility, awe, fear, etc. Did I say fear? Oh yeah, that's a big one because when His full plan isn't revealed (and it almost never is at the onset), then I am filled with so much questioning and trepidation.

I have learned through experience and am still learning as well, that even when I am filled with all these emotions, He is worthy of praise. He provides a calm in the midst of the storms of this life that witnesses to me and hopefully to others who see the Holy Spirit at work.

Praise God in all things!

• 4 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 40:5b) When you realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on you in particular, how does that make you respond

Quiet confidence, yet at the same time I want to share it with every person I know so they to can share in this! It gives me peace to know that someone so big is taking care of me whether I realize it or not, every second of every day. It helps me to realize my worth as he cares for the sparrows, how much more am I to Him?

• 2 months later...

When I realize that God thoughts is on me it make me feel that I am never alone when the enemy want you and me to think that swe know now that God thoughts is on me and he heard my prays even when I sometime think that he is silent.

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=669

Psa 40:5 GNB You have done many things for us, O LORD our God; there is no one like you! You have made many wonderful plans for us. I could never speak of them all--- their number is so great!

This makes me overjoyed as MY God cares for little old me, He loves me, is concerned for me and really cares what happens to me. I love and worship my God in return. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I feel loved,cherished really describes it better. I and secure and safe, confident of our relationship. It makes me respond with great love and devotion to my Father. It also increases my desire to please my Father by being obedient to His will.

• 2 weeks later...

For a split second I think that I'm not worthy; but then I immediately feel grateful and privileged and comforted to know that God cares enough to focus specifically on me in a particular. His focused love and care didn'. He knew all about the plans he had for me even in my mother's womb. I praise and thank him for his tender loving mercy and care.

• 3 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 40:5b)

When you realize that God's thoughts and plans are focused on you in particular, how does that make you respond?

During our quiet time this morning, both my wife and myself were discussing how Almighty our Lord is that He should be concerned with us. Now, later this morning, I

• 2 weeks later...

I want to praise Him and thank Him for all He has done. Who am I that He would consider me so important? I will bless the Lord for all the wonderful things He has done. He has reached out to me in my despair and lifted me up and blessed me in new, exciting ways.

• 6 months later...

Although I've been a born again Christian for 38 years now, I am always filled with joy and delight knowing that I am always on His mind....He never leaves me for a second and promises to never forsake me. It's too wonderful for words, but when I'm reminded of this, it causes praise and worship to bubble up out of me. It brings peace like a river to recall that He has it all covered, no matter how circumstances may look! I'm more carefree, laugh more easily, and love Him more deeply. It brings a deeper intimacy and closeness to Him. And though those around me may be thoughtless or neglectful, as long as He loves and thinks of me, It doesn't really matter what people do.

• 4 months later...

I am deeply moved by the very thought that God has created me in his own image and likeness. Amazing strength fills my soul when i understand through the Word of God that He knit me in mother's womb and he knows me because he formed me! i feel his love so great for me that i am able to surrender my all to Him in worship and adoration. He is a good God who has great plans for me, he hears me when i call on His Name and He is in complete control of my life. This fills me with great joy and makes me serve Him, share his goodness with others and live a life that gives Him glory all the time. my heart is filled with thanksgiving to my God because he loved me and sent His only son Jesus to die on the cross and rescue me from the kingdom of darkness and brought me into His kingdom of light.

It is with great joy I respond to this question. When i am now aware that God's thoughts and plans are towards me I am filled with great joy hope and confidence in HIm. This awesome thought that God has a plan for me a good plan and purpose makes me fly like an eagle and run like a deer. I know that now whatever I may face in life my Father God is in perfect control. Even if I have failures regrets and hurts my good God will trun all for my own good. To know such a mighty God loves me cares for me and has plans directed towards me I can cast all my cares on Him and leap with joy. This makes me aware that God will never leave me or forsake me. He is my defender Creator and everything to me.

I surrender my life into his hands and will allow Him to take charge for my God will lead me to the right paths and shall always bring out great good in my life

• 5 weeks later...

My God is a mighty mighty God - full of love and compassion. He is a perfect God - his ways are perfect. He is marvelous and does things in perfection. He knows and thinks the trivial things in my life as important. He is interested in me and my well being he wants to see me grow he wants to see the good in me and He is working on me. He remembers things in my life that i may forget. My God is so concerned about my past present and my future. he wants to see me progress and prosper in everything. He is an encouraging and loving Father and I feel so loved and special and secured in his presence in his arms.

• 2 years later...