JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100? How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God? What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5? What are the commands in this psalm?

This psalm was probably sung when thank offerings were offered in the altar and the predominant emotion is joyous thanksgiving in jubilation and adoration.

We are secure in Him, for we are the sheep of His pasture. He is the Good Shepherd and He loves me and this realization that the Creator of the universe has chosen to love me causes me to be overwhelmed in His love. I love Him because He first loved me.

He is our Maker, King and Shepherd. We are His because He made us and we belong to Him in His kingdom and are the sheep of His fold. Because we are secure in Him, our hearts resound with praise to the one who keeps us secure. The assurance that He is faithful to do it till the end gives us peace.

Make a joyful noise unto Him, serve Him with gladness, come before His presence with singing, know that the Lord – He is God, Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise, be thankful unto Him and bless His name.

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the predominant emotion in this psalm is a deep sense of belonging or kinship. 

• our father made us
  • we are His
  • God is our shepherd and we are his sheep.
  • we enter His courts ... His house.
  • ... through all generations.

I have difficulty really believing God loves me and thinks toward me as a good father would, so I find this psalm assuring in that it reminds me, once again, that I am His child and He will be faithful to me.

The commands are as follows:

• Know ... that He is God
  • Enter ... His/our home with thanksgiving and praise
  • Give Thanks 
  • Praise His name.