JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. (Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100? How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God? What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5? What are the commands in this psalm?

Joyous thanksgiving is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100?

How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God?

"Who am I, O Lord God? For you Lord God, know your servant. For Your word's sake and according to Your own heart, You have done all these great things to make Your servant know them. Therefore You are great, O Lord God, for there is none like You, nor is there any God besides Thee according to all we have heard with our ears."" 2nd Samuel 7: 18-22

What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5?

The Lord, He is God, it is He that hast made us and not we ourselves. We are His people, the sheep of His pasture. For the Lord He is good, His Mercy is everlasting. And His truth endurth to all generations.

Ezekiel 34:11-16 " I Myself will search for My sheep and look after them. I will feed them in good pasture. I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick...

What are the commands in this psalm?

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord

Serve the Lord with Gladness

Come befroe His presence with singing

Know ye that the Lord, He is God

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise

Be thankful unto Him and bless His name

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100? How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God? What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5? What are the commands in this psalm?

The predominant emotion in Psalm 100 is joy in the Lord.

I am grateful to know God, and feel very blessed, wildly happy that I belong to Him.

The reasons for praise in verse 3 is our knowledge that God made us, and that we belong to Him. In verse 5, we find reason to praise Him as He is good, merciful, and truthful forever.

The commands in this psalm are to sing praise to the Lord, Serve him, Recognize who He is, Thank Him, Bless his name.

• 7 months later...

WOW what a song of JOY this is. I believe JOY is the predominant emotion plus thankfulness and worship for who GOD is -

Vs 3 and 5: We belong to God as He created us. He is GOOD (unlike all other so-called 'gods' that people worship). His goodness, His covenant faithfulness and His great love for us. God proved His love when Jesus died on the cross. How we praise the LORD our God for the gift of His great Salvation to us through Christ.

His commands include; to come into His presence with thanksgiving and to Worship HIM with joy - let us obey Him in this every day.

MISSION is another theme in this Psalm that may be missed. 'Shout for joy to the LORD, ALL THE EARTH.

This is God's will that people in every nation will worship HIM. I believe Christ's last words - The Great Commandment - must be our first concern.

As believers, we are so blessed- blessed to be a blessing to all those we meet - and I believe the greatest blessing we can give people is Salvation in Christ Jesus! We look up to HIM for all our needs :rolleyes:

His blessings on you - Denis (New Zealand)

• 1 month later...

The primary emotion in Psalm 100 is in His people jubilantly praising God for all the good things He has done; His steadfast love towards us as His chosen people; and His faithfulness as our Lord and Savior. We can also trust Him totally to care and protect us; and to love to worship Him along with His people to worship God. The reasons for praise in verses 3 and 5 are that He is the LORD our God and He has made (or created) us, and we belong to Him; and the commands here are to know (personally and thoroughly) that He is the LORD God; to enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts (of the Temple) with praise; and to give thanks (always) to Him and (to always) praise His Name. Amen!

• 2 months later...

The predominant emotion is thanksgiving. This psalm makes me feel so thankful to God. He is so worthy of my praises because of who He is. His never ending love and faithfulness that will endure forever. The reasons for praise is because He is our Creator, King, and Shepherd, his goodness and righteousness, his steadfast love, and his faithfulness. The commands are to enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise, give thanks to him and praise his name.

• 3 weeks later...

Q1. (Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100? How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God? What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5? What are the commands in this psalm? This is a Psalm of Thanksgiving, and praise to our God. We praise God because He is the Creator of us all, and we are His. We are not only His but we are the sheep of His pasture. The Lord is good and His mercy is unfailing love continues forever and His faithfulness continues to all generation. The command in this Psalm is for us to enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise, be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happiness.

A double feeling because this earth just isn't that good.

Because He is good.

To praise God and to serve Him.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100?

ANS. - Joyfulness, praise, and thanksgiving!

ANS. - I'm very thankful, and filled with praise, that he is my God, my heavenly father, that I am his, and that I am sheep of his pasture.

ANS - He created us, he made us, I am one of His, and I am the sheep of His pasture.

ANS. - To enter his presence with thanksgiving. To shout for joy and to make a joyful noise. To serve Him with gladness.

• 1 month later...

The predominant emotion conveyed is one of unrestrained gratitude. The psalmist reminds me that my response to all God has done for me should be (1) shouting, (2) worship, (3)approach Him (come before Him, enter His gates) with singing, (4) know who He is, what He has done, who I belong to, and where He calls me to be (in His pasture, in His protective care).

God has faithfully called me to be His loved child from the first generation through the present and on to eternity. He never ceases to call me to loving relationship with Him.

I am commanded to respond to this great love with thanks and praise.

1 "Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth." So when it says SHOUT, it means SHOUT. This tells us to do strong worship, from the heart. SHOUTING takes a physical effort, and stirs the heart and mind. We should not give God left over emotions here!

2 "Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." Here is says have a HAPPY heart and sing with this HAPPY heart. We have to mean it, not just go thorugh the motions. It means have emotion, real emotion for our creator and savior.

5 "For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." This is our hope and our joy, This truth is the joy of our heart; as we pass our hope to the next generation His faithfullness will prevail over all.

What a joy to realize, what a great hope to hold onto in any situation.

• 1 month later...

The emotion in this psalm is Joy.... Joy Joy Joy. When you have Joy in your heart, you praise God and lift him up high. Its when the tribulations and trials come that we should remain the same.

Emotionally for myself, it makes me just simply love him more. Praise him more. Shout out to him more.

The commands in this psalm is to praise God, and the reason for this is cause of God's consistent character. His faithfulness... etc.

• 1 month later...

The predominant emotion is joy.

It makes me feel happy about Him, but of course a much deeper happiness than the one we feel for earthly possessions. We know that He is so much more greater and he is worth so much more than we can ever imagine.

Praise because we are His people-even though we have sinned He still wants us to belong to Him and He loves us. He is truthful to all the nations, and has mercy towards us-he is good to us even though we don't deserve it. --Make a joyful shout

-serve Him with gladness

-come before Him with singing

-know that He is good

-enter into His gates with thanksgiving

-be thankful to Him

-bless His name

• 2 months later...

The predominant emotion in psalm 100 is to joyful praiseGod.It make me feel that when

I lift my hands ans arm to praisr God I know that he heard my praises and he recieves my praise.

The reasons given in verse 3 and 5 are that he made us and his lovingkindness and his faithness to all our family.

The command in this verse is to praise God because he made us and for his love that he have toward us.

• 4 weeks later...

Thankfulness. It makes me feel loved by God . He created me!!! He protects us and His mercy is everlasting.

• 2 weeks later...

The predominate emotion in Psalm 100 in thankful joy. I feel grateful. The reason for praise is because God created us and he belong exclusively to him and he loves us completely. Enter his gates with thanksgivng and his courts with praise.

• 3 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 100)

What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100?

Joy!

Most grateful that I am His, and that He is a faithful God of goodness, grace, mercy, and love.

The Lord is God

He is our Creator

We are His

We are His people

We are His sheep

The Lord is good

His love endures forever

His faithfulness continues through all generations.

I counted seven commands:

Verse 1

• 2 weeks later...

The predominant emotion is joy. This psalm makes me feel wanted, loved, and cared for by God. He says that "we are his," "his people," and "the sheep of his pasture." These are reasons to praise Him. In verse 5, we see that we must praise Him because of His goodness, everlasting love, and his faithfulness. I love the worshipful commands that tell us to "shout for joy," "worship the Lord with gladness," sing "joyful songs," "enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise," "give thanks," and "praise his name." He created me and cares for me. Like Jeremiah 29:11 says: He has a "purpose" and a "plan" for me. How can I do anything but praise Him? Hallelujah!

• 6 months later...

Q1. (Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100?

JOY, GLADNESS AND ACTIVE JUBILATION!

LOVED AND LOVING! THANKFUL AND HAPPY! THE DESIRE TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP HIM!

HE IS CREATOR GOD WHO MADE US...AND WHO THEN SHEPHERD'S HIS SHEEP! HIS GOODNESS, HIS MERCY, LOVING KINDNESS, FAITHFULNESS AND TRUTH....WHICH ARE ALL EVERLASTING.

MAKE A JOYFUL NOISE; SERVE THE LORD WITH GLADNESS; COME BEFORE HIS PRESENCE WITH THANKSGIVING; KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THAT HE IS GOD; KNOW THAT WE ARE HIS PEOPLE; ENTER HIS GATES WITH THANKSGIVING AND A THANK OFFERING; ENTER HIS COURTS WITH PRAISE; BE THANKFUL AND TELL HIM SO; BLESS AND AFFECTIONATELY PRAISE HIS NAME;

• 3 years later...

The predominant emotion is that we should be praising God. We should shout for joy because we know that He is with us. We should be glad that we have a high king that we can always trust.

The reasons for this praise is he made us and we are his and we are the sheep of his pasture. The Lord is good and his steadfast love endures forever and he is faithful to all generations.

• 11 months later...

The reasons for praise are because he made us, and we belong to him, we are his sheep (he looks after us as a shepherd looks after his sheep)-in the biblical context. The notes say "God takes responsibility for us (v3) "-God loves us..."his love endures of ever..."-He is faithful to all generations (v5).

The commands are shout for joy-be joyful. Worship God with right actions [my interpretation] (v3). Enter-Gods presence and give him praise (v5). This psalm gives me reassurance and a sense of serenity. Right now I do not have any emotions about this-they are so fickle, because I am troubled at the moment.

• 1 month later...

(Psalm 100) What is the predominant emotion in Psalm 100? How does this psalm make you feel emotionally about God? What are the reasons for praise given in verses 3 and 5? What are the commands in this psalm?

Praise and worship is what Psalm 100 is about. When reading this Psalm my heart rejoices. We are His people and He is our Shepard, His mercy endures forever as well as His truth this is the reason to praise of this Psalm. We are to be thankful to God and enter His courts with praise and to bless His name. We are given a key here to prayer which is also reflected in the Lord's Prayer.

• 1 year later...
On August 18, 2007 at 3:16 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Jubilation and adoration and humbleness and thankfulness.  This is a psalm I should use in the mornings after I awake to ready my day of openness towards the Lord.  We are his and he will protect and guide us.

priase, worship, thankfulness those are our commands towards our Lord God in heaven.

• 10 months later...

The predominant emotion in Psalm 100 is joy. It causes me to want to shout and sing praises to His holy name. He made us and we are His people. His mercy and loving-kindness are everlasting. His faithfulness and truth endure to all generations. Make a joyful noise. Serve the Lord with gladness. Come before His presence with singing. Enter His gates with Thanksgiving and a thank offering and into His court with praise. Be thankful and say so to Him, bless and affectionately praise Him. Amplified Bible, Classic Edition

The predominant emotion here is joy or jubilation. We are to shout for joy and make noise before God. It makes me feel that God is deserving of my praise because He is good. In my own life; He has shown me love and compassion. He has always been there even when others have left me. It makes me feel that I should be more thankful and spend more time with Him.

The reasons we should praise Him is because He is our God and He created us. He is our shepherd and we are His sheep. He is good and His love will last forever!  His faithfulness will go on throughout all generations.

The commands are to worship the Lord with gladness and sing to Him. Serve Him with gladness and come into his presence with singing. Enter his gates and be thankful for what He has done and praise Him.