JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hello! So happy to meet you all! I am always blessed by Pastor Ralph's studies and recently dove into Isaiah. Having just looked into Isaiah's prophecy of our LORD and Savior, Jesus, The Messiah, this Christmas study will be especially rich!

So, let the study begin. Praise God for His grace, His gift to us of faith, and His powerful Word.

:

Isaiah 55:11

New International Version (NIV)

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I'm so glad to be looking at Christmas from the perspective it should be viewed, & I'm excited to embark on the journey w/those who are participating this go-around & w/those who've gone before.

I'm a mom, grandmom, & wife of an ordained minister who works as a hospital chaplain. My hobbies are creative writing, singing, & songwriting. My stories often take place in the time of Jesus & are designed to portray the characters of the Bible as living, breathing, human beings, which is all too easy to forget at times. My songs are contemporary Christian.

For my work, I do primarily computer security, specializing in malware removal, especially of websites. I also host websites & do some web development. I'm in process of writing a book called "Beyond Baffled: the Technophobe's Guide to Creating a Website". I am very much into prevention, so I assist small businesses & nonprofits to secure both their data & their websites. I'm also totally blind now so I get to listen to some guy babbling at me in a relative monotone all day long telling me what's on my computer screen. But I'm grateful for it.

Many blessings to all participants.

Hello brothers & sisters . My name is Butch Brooks . I live in a small community called Locust Fork Alabama . i am 64 yrs old and met the LORD JESUS when HE raised me from the dead after a backhoe accident in 2004. I was 55 yrs old and had lived a life of drug addiction and crime after my mother died in 1975. All that changed the instant HE spoke to me & gave me 2 visions that Glorious day. I was in the fire of hell and HE came to me and showed me that hell was my just reward for the life that i was living . HE was not angry nor mad , but only shewed me the Truth .This wreck tore my left arm almost completely off & crushed my right hip , pelvis and femur bone . I was a dead man and as i lay there burning in hellfire  , i heard my brother in law Ricky , praying for me . He was praying " please LORD just save his soul" ; he knew i was dead too . About this time the LORD spoke to me and said " you have trampled opon all my commandments & if MY Name was mention around you , you would duck your head and run" .

Then HE  told me that i could be HIS child if i would only believe & learn of HIM . I THANK GOD for HIS amazing LOVE , PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME .

Next HE showed me heaven . It happened like this ; as Ricky prayed for me ,  he put his hands like a cross and kneeled down and put them on my chest , over my heart.  As i was laying on my back looking up , before his hands ever touched me , i felt a power stronger than an electric shock  jump to my body from his hands. Looking up , i saw the sky opened, all pain left me , and i saw gazillions of beings made of brilliant light . It was the most indescribaly beautiful sight anyone could ever see. They were made of   beautiful colors that are beyond anything on earth.They were living souls , pulseating with light that was coming from the ONE who gave them that light .  As this was shown to me , one of the souls came foreward and stood lookind down upon me . i don't know how , but i knew it was the soul of my Granny Brooks , the kindest most humble person that i ever knew. She never said any thing bad about anyone and always tried to help folks. I think it was the LORD'S way to let me know how to make it .

Well i hope i haven't written too much , but i feel GOD led me to post this . I have changed my lifestyle at least 99% . i no longer do drugs and i am a happy man instead of  the torchered heathern i once was . I pray this will give someone hope . If JESUS will save a sinner like me , HE will give you the HOLY GHOST too . THANK YOU JESUS ! PRAISE YOU LORD !

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello everyone.  I am Jeanie from Southcentral Pennsylvania, and I am using this study with two ladies that I disciple for an inner city bible study ministry.  We just completed a study on I, II and III John and I thought this study would fit perfectly into the Advent season. 

In joining this group, I discovered quite a few Bible studies I would love to take.  So I plan to visit often.

Thank you for providing these studies and the forums for sharing.

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2007 at 10:12 AM, Pastor Ralph said:
On 10/10/2007 at 10:12 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Hello.  My name is vivien, I am a senior, who lives in Canada, with my daughter and grand-daughter who is a delight. My 2nd study and looking forward to this one - although I am slow in catching up.  I know it is be exciting .

On 11/30/2007 at 9:19 PM, Elwood C O'Dell said:

Greetings,

The name is "Woody" and I am on the far side of "50+++"...a retired pastor...living in Central Florida.

It's great to meet each one and we are looking forward to reading your comments.

Thank you..This is new to me so I am very slow...