JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Reconciled to God

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:18-20) How have we humans been reconciled to God?

We have reconciled to God throught the death of Jesus, who took upon himself our sins.

What did God do so that reconciliation could take place?

God placed our sins on His Son, Jesus Christ, so that we may be reconcilied to Him.

In what sense are you an Ambassador of the Kingdom of God?

On behalf of Christ we, who have been given the message of reconciliation, are His representative in this world.

In what sense are you a Minister of Reconciliation for Jesus Christ?

We are Christ ministers to proclaim the message of reconciliation of the Kingdom to this present world.

• 6 months later...

2a)ThroughJesus paying the price for our sins on the cross, we are reconciled us with God by accepting his free gift to us. B)God enabled the rescue to happen through Jesus,allowing his begotten son to suffer&die taking our sin on himself on the cross for our sake.c)we each are Jesus’ ambassadors, messengers, to tell others about Jesus,who he is to us personally and what he has done for us. DWe are each Christ’s ministers of reconciliation,introducing Jesus to people,so they can know his peace,comfort &healing in their lives personally &giving them hope eternal with him in heaven.

• 1 year later...

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:18-20) How have we humans been reconciled to God? What did God do so that reconciliation could take place? In what sense are you an Ambassador of the Kingdom of God? In what sense are you a Minister of Reconciliation for Jesus Christ?

God has given humanity the opportunity for reconciliation with Him through Jesus Christ.  God's only begotten Son, Jesus  Christ, was nailed, shed His blood, and died on the cross for the universal atonement of human sin.  See John 3:16 as well as the entire 3rd chapter of the Gospel of John.

Believers are Ambassadors of the Kingdom of God in that we are called to share the Gospel message with the world around us.  Through sharing the Gospel message in word and deed with others around me I am a minister of Reconciliation for Jesus Christ.

• 3 months later...

Q2. (2 Corinthians 5:18-20) How have we humans been reconciled to God? What did God do so that reconciliation could take place? In what sense are you an Ambassador of the Kingdom of God? In what sense are you a Minister of Reconciliation for Jesus Christ?

Thank you Jesus for you pain and for your blood shed for me, thank you Father! My soul rejoices with loud praise.

Now I learn to see in the moment and ask God what to do for reconciliation of someone, anyone. Being wise as a snake and gentle as a dove

• 8 months later...

We reconcilded to God by Jesus.

To reconcile means to exchange hostility for a friendly relationship] To restore to friendship or harmony.] Families sometimes have a falling out. Sisters no longer speak to one another. Husbands leave, wives and children are abandoned. Adultery and alcoholism and greed alienate people. Reconciliation is needed, to take what was broken and mend it, to heal a relationship. That's what God has done.(notes) .

We are Jesus ambassadors to the world. Despite our desire to be quiet we are compelled to speak the message of the gospel as we pass through the world.

In the same sense as the last question.

• 7 months later...

We humans have been reconciled to God by His Only Son, Jesus whom he sent in physical form to die, be buried and resurrected. Through his self offering by taking on our sin at the cross, we through faith become believers in who he is and what he has done for us are declared spotless, free from sin and are thus reconciled back to God.

God sending his Son, to be born of men, has commanded that all who who believe in His Son, to be reconciled back to Him, this being our Heavenly Father's way of reconciliation for man kind.

Becoming a believer in Christ we are responsible for proclaiming God's word in neighborhood and our environment. Thus becoming an ambassador for Christ and God the Father, to bring back to God all those that will listen and believe.

I also am an ambassador for Christ, he must count on me to witness for His Kingdom, to declare His word and commands to others. By the help of the Holy Spirit we can tell others of our changed heart and what Christ has done for us.         

• 8 years later...

This section on reconciliation comes straight after the section on judgment which ended with the statement that we all have to stand before the judgment seat of God, so I think there's some sort of logical connection between reconciliation and judgment.

All humans have NOT been reconciled to God, only Christians. God sent Jesus for all -- true -- but his death on the cross only reconciled those who believe -- not unbelievers -- with God. Only believers in Christ are a "new creation." Though unbelievers and believers are both judged, only believers "receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad."

Because unbelievers don't even get to the stage of receiving from God, but are summarily judged and dismissed to hell, it's imperative that they hear and re-hear the gospel message until they believe. This is why we are ambassadors "as if God were making his appeal through us." God is using us to reconcile others to Him! He "gave us the ministry of reconciliation ... (and) "committed to us the message of reconciliation."

But we can't reconcile others if we ourselves are not reconciled. Therefore Paul "implores" us to be right with Christ and be reconciled to God. We have to become, amazingly, the righteousness of God.

--

This is a convoluted passage and I'm not sure I understand it.