JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Agents of Reconciliation

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:18-6:2) If you, then, are called to be an urgent agent of reconciliation, how is this likely to affect your daily life?

We must recognize the urgency to get the message of reconcilation out.

How will it affect how people perceive you?

It will affect how people perceive us because they will see in us the Spirit of God calling them to Him.

How will it affect how God perceives you?

It will affect how God perceives us in that He will continuously emppower us to continue sharing the message

of reconciliation as we walk in obedience, following His command to us.

• 6 months later...

4a)This prompts me to evenmore consciously speak of Jesus &the extent of his love for them with those I meet, making sure my life is a true witness,showing Christ’s love &care for all with integrity &genuineness. B)I pray that people will know I am a Christian by how I care about them and how my faith in Jesus is real to them C)God loves me as I am, and he favours me when I encourage people to be reconciled with him & I live as he asks.

• 1 year later...

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:18-6:2) If you, then, are called to be an urgent agent of reconciliation, how is this likely to affect your daily life? How will it affect how people perceive you? How will it affect how God perceives you?

Today is the day of salvation; no time to waste to witness to Christ, in every possible occasion. We are the salt of the earth and as such need to call upon God's wisdom as to how we share with others, and most importantly WHAT QUESTIONS DO WE ASK THEM AFTER THIS ONE:

If you die tonight, where will your spirit go? What will happen  to you. We can only afford 1-2 sentences about how Jesus changes our lives. It is not about us, we are already saved. We must serve others in the "right way" as God would lead us.

Amen

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Q4. (2 Corinthians 5:18-6:2) If you, then, are called to be an urgent agent of reconcilia-tion, how is this likely to affect your daily life? How will it affect how people perceive you? How will it affect how God perceives you?

Being called by an urgent reconciliation, we should by all means tell others of God's message, His sacrifice by sending His Son for our reconciliation, let us go forth and declare it in our daily lives.

Some people will accept the message of reconciliation and become believers in Christ. Others will hate us for this word and try to demean us before others.

God will perceive us as good ambassadors for Christ and will reward us for our effort. We should not remain silent in our witnessing for Christ, otherwise how will the word of god go forth if we are silent.   

• 8 years later...

My father was put on hospice yesterday. He is an atheist. I have tentatively shared the gospel with him only to be met with his anger and a gesture that pushes my words to the side. Thus, I rarely, now, talk to him about the Lord. What these verses suggest, however, is that I should feel more of an urgency and determination in sharing the gospel with him.

It's not that I care what other people, including my father, think of my faith or me, but rather that I don't do any damage or prompt hostility by aggressively talking about the Lord. Evangelism IS urgent. People die without knowing the Lord. My father will soon die ... and I'm his only human contact, his only conduit to God. 

"Lord, I ask you to give me both the opportunity and words to speak. Please break up the ground in his heart so your seeds can get under the soil. Make father receptive. Quickly water what you have planted. Send your Spirit into both of us. Reconcile him to you, Lord. Show him your love. Give him the gift of faith, even at the last minute ... help him say "YES" to you, Jesus.

I pray that these years of service do not come to naught, that my father's hard heart is softened, ripened and quickly grows in faith.  Amen."

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q4. Agents of Reconciliation