JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Through God's grace, Jesus had the gift of a curious nature and a pleasing personality, both of which were necessary for his later work.

We are fortunate to have God's grace; if it were to be had by works, many people would not have it. It is a gift that we don't deserve, yet it is ours. Without it, life would be much more difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

The word grace means to receive what we don't deserve. The grace of God was upon Him, we see that in His ministry when He gave sight back to those who were blind, when He resurrected those who were dead, not only spiritually but also physically. God's grace was upon Him, because He is God and He was ministering to us God's gift. healing the sick and bringing the message of the Kingdom of God, showing us that the Kingdom could be now reach through Him. It was necessary for Jesus to be able to fullfill His destiny and to show the Jewish people and the world that He was who He said He was. It is necessary for us, because without grace we couldn't receive God's gift.

• 2 weeks later...

What does it mean that "the grace of God was upon him"? (2:40) Why was this necessary for Jesus? Why is it necessary for us?

God's presence was with Jesus and he was walking in the Lord's will and way. Jesus was on earth as a man and He had the same temptations and shortcomings as any other man but remained perfect. We must have the grace of God to go with us in our daily walk and to bring us to the perfection that Jesus attained.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Jesus grew to be a half grown boy, it had become time for him to start his teachings. His mind was strenghtened, and empowered spiritually. He was fulfilled with spiritual wisdom.

The grace of God ( the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life, he was (worthy) He was the son of God.

He was here to DEFEAT death (Satan, the serpent, the snake, the dragon). The time had come for him to get the ball rolling.

Luke 2:46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

(47) And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

(48) And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

(49) And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

We as followers of Christ, must also be about our Father's business. We who have ears to hear, and eyes to see, need to have our gospel of amour on, and always be ready to fight the firey darts of satan.

• 2 months later...
What does it mean that "the grace of God was upon him"? (2:40) Why was this necessary for Jesus? Why is it necessary for us?

God's grace is what enables us to go through and/or stand in difficult times. It is also a blessing to have the Grace of God. I know from personal experience that if I had not had the Grace of God upon me I would not have made it through one of the most difficult times in my life, but God's grace is sufficent. THe same grace enabled Jesus at that time to obey and do the will of His Father God.

• 3 years later...

It means that God and Jesus was as one. This was very important, as it gave Jesus strength when he was Tempted, also when he was on the cross. The Grace of our God, is very important for us. It helps us and gives us the strength to walk in the Way, with peace and love. It gives us the strength, to follow Jesus, and proclaim his word to all mankind.

• 2 years later...

Q5. What does it mean that "the grace of God was upon him"? (2:40)

"the grace of God was upon him" means that God granted Him the divine enablement to complete His ministry.

Why was this necessary for Jesus?

"This was necessary for Jesus because while here on earth he experience the same temptations and other adversities that the normal human would.

Why is it necessary for us?

It is necessary for us because even as Satan tempted Jesus he tempts us today and much more; without God's grace we would fall.