JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Stanley from Zimbabwe. It is may joy to fellowship with other guys on the net. I am really joying the bible study. I look forward to a deeper understanding the word of God. I love Jesus, He is my Lord and Savior. I fellowship with Glad Tidings Church. Bible believing church.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My name is Robert Barrett and happily married to my beautiful wife Christina Barrett. Been married for almost 11 years in Fort Smith Arkansas. We are both Deaf and we use the ASL Deaf Bible as its my wives first language. We don't have a Deaf Church to go to and the only hearing Church with a interpreter moved out of state a few months ago and we were the only ones going there. My wife and I have fellowship mainly through the Internet with Deaf Christians we know.

Hello everyone!  I am Cindy and I live in a suburb of Kansas City Missouri, this is my first time joining a group like this and am very excited to do so.  I am a Christian, I am currently doing my Discipleship 1 class through the Church I attend and next month I will be getting Baptized and am so very VERY excited about that!  It's been a long 57 years to get here, the road has been pretty bumpy and I hit a lot of dead ends, I am so grateful for God's Grace that got me to this point in my life!  I have always believed in God, I just got lost in "life" until a couple years ago and now here I am enjoying this new season of my life!  Nice to meet everyone!  

• 2 months later...

Greetings all!

I look forward to getting to know you all. My name is Sean, I live in Australia. I'm a very proud husband and father, who has been enourmously blessed with the most beautiful people to be my household family.

I was off the rails for quite a while, not growing up in a Christian home, but by the grace and love of God, He brought me to Him in 2012, and my life has never been better than it is right now. I am now studying to become a Minister, and have just completed my Certificate IV, with a Diploma to study next year.

I've joined here to continue to grow as a Christian and to fellowship with other walkers of the faith, as well as to learn more biblically.

God bless. Cheers guys!

• 3 weeks later...

I am Hal from America.

I saw the discussion on evidence of the Resurrection here:

http://www.jesuswalk.com/resurrection/3_resurrection-proofs.htm

The resurrection is fascinating for me. I believe in God and love Jesus and can feel my heart connect to Him, which is a major component of what is called faith.

My problem is that at the mental level if I try to think objectively about it, I am inclined to think that the Resurrection did not physically occur. Without time travel or remote viewing of course I think it can't be proved 100% either way, but at least the narrative stretches realistic credibility.

The reason is that it seems to me that the early Christians could have been like the Charismatics today, and I don't believe in most of their "gifts" and group visions. In one case, a charismatic church filmed Jesus appearing in their worship and healing someone, and the church went on tour with the tape. But when a Christian investigator asked for the tape to research it, the pastor said he lost the tape. I think the Charismatics often have a mix of fabrication and delusion. But I don't know how you can easily disprove he Charismatics other than to say that they stretch credibility.

The same thing is said by skeptics about the Resurrection.

I will discuss the issues here:

Q1. Differences between Resurrection Accounts

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/topic/571-q1-differences-between-resurrection-accounts/page-3#entry102222(My entry)

Q2. The Theft Theory

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/topic/577-q2-the-theft-theory/page-3#entry102223 (My entry)

Q3. The Disciples' Psychological State

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/topic/578-q3-the-disciples-psychological-state/page-3#entry102227(My entry)

Q4. Compelling Proofs

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/topic/579-q4-compelling-proofs/page-3#entry102224(My entry)

Hello all,

My name is Adeola and I live in London, a business woman and a home maker. I was referred here by a friend and member of a group I lead. I am a bit of a reluctant leader and I believe this study will really bless me and those whom I'm called to lead now and in the future.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hello my name is Linda and I am from North Carolina and I am so excited about the Bible Study. I belong to Refuge Deliverance tabernacle II and my Pastor is John Shorts and my first lady is Patsy Shorts we believe in one GOD one Faith and one baptism and over all the father son and the holy spirit the trinity one in all God bless.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kia ora pastor ralph, im from new zealand, im a born again christian of 18 years, fell off the wagon about 10 years ago (back sleed) and on a mission to follow christ whole heartedly. The journey so far has been challenging but awsome. Im currenty studying davids life and loving it. So thank you pastor ralph for your contribution to mine and so many other christians walk with god. Nga mihi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...