JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hi, my name is TKS.  I'm married, have 2 married daughter and 5 grandchildren.  I'm a working real estate broker, my wife of 46 years works at Mom's house, free day care for women, who are getting their education, and have children age 0 to 5 years old. My wife and I have been studying the for 40+ years.  We live in northern Ohio

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning,

My name is Ange, I am going through the Great Prayers study. I'm in the US, but have been blessed to travel to more than 30 throughout my life.  I met the Lord almost 30 yrs ago and keep learning more about Him each year. The Bible itself became real in Athens, Patmos, and Ephesus. Thank you for allowing me here.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everybody, I'm here, Unisah, to learn and earn some biblical insights with you all. It is indeed a blessing to interact with y'all on this platform. I live in Georgia but originally from West Africa. Imagine living 6000 miles from home! Doing what? Part-time pastor in a rural setting! Praises are really due "eternally" to our Lord. Amen. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello to everyone! I'm excited to begin my first online Bible Study - JesusWalk, The Gospel of John - and look forward to studying with Pastor Ralph and you all. My wonderful husband, two sons, one daughter-in-law, and I are from Oklahoma. (No "wavin' wheat" here, just beautiful mountains!) I'm thankful the Lord helped me "find" this site while looking online for a picture of Jesus on the beach with His disciples. :) Needless to say, I'm ready! God bless all of you as we study together!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ralph, 

I wrote a book about John 1-5, titled Call the Words a Sage  and about myself I wrote:

"Brian Bouton, MD, is a graduate of Phillips Exeter Academy 1957, Harvard College 1961, and University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry 1965. He trained in psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital and McLean Hospital in the Boston area. He is currently in private practice in Chapel Hill, NC. He describes his practice as a therapy of the soul’s relationship with Christ. Following the Way and Word of the Cross bequeathed to us by our Lord Jesus Christ, Brian has dedicated this past decade to exploring the Word of God and how it manifests clearly and beautifully in the Prologue to the Gospel of John. It is his fervent hope that Call the Words A Sage expands and deepens the spiritual and mystical message of John’s Prologue and that his fellow Christians will use the Word Pray Poem Way illustrated in this book to write their own Word Pray poems, sharing them with Brian, in hopes of publishing an anthology of Word Pray Way Poems dedicated to our Lord Jesus Christ".

The poem part of the book, first page (3) goes: (MS Word-a poor copy of the pdf):

The form is an attempt at a sacred Acrostic poem which as far as I can tell, has

never been attempted before. 

I N T HE B E G I NNI N G

Inward                              The inner oneness of God’s Word

Draws us deeper to Christ Lord

Nearness                          Harness us to see Thee clearly                           

Love Thee dearly seek Thee nearly

Transcendent                   Before all the Sun Resplendent

Father Son interdependent

Holy                                  The Only Son Word most Holy

Before any thought unholy

Eternal                              Your Word turns original Love

Eternal letters from above

Before                           Way back perforce no time no thing

Vast empty before angels sing

Existence                     Sounding unvoiced into being

Lighting the blind into seeing

God                            Good God unseen in vast so deep

Shepherds our souls still and asleep

Innate                            Wisdom and Love connate in time

Grace and Truth resonate in rhyme

Nuanced                      Subtle simple a genius clock

Wheels within wheels danced unlock

Numinous                    Sacred beauty full and luminous

Life water from Christ fountainous

Infinite                           Limitless God full flowing mercy

Word rivers fathomless fluency

Natural                          Innate gift of endless giving

Scriptural gift for the living

Grace                           Graced by unwon mercy and love

Embracing Him God’s dove above

Brian Bouton, MD, is a graduate of Phillips Exeter Academy 1957, Harvard College 1961, and University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry 1965. He trained in psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital and
McLean Hospital in the Boston area. He is currently in private practice
in Chapel Hill, NC. He describes his practice as a therapy of the soul’s relationship with Christ. Following the Way and Word of the Cross bequeathed to us by our Lord Jesus Christ, Brian has dedicated this past decade to exploring the Word of God and how it manifests clearly and beautifully in the Prologue to the Gospel of John. It is his fervent hope that Call the Words A Sage expands and deepens the spiritual and mystical message of John’s Prologue and that his fellow Christians will use the Word Pray Poem Way illustrated in this book to write their own Word Pray poems, sharing them with Brian, in hopes of publishing an anthology of Word Pray Way Poems dedicated to our Lord Jesus Chris

I would love to send you a pdf copy of the book if you would like it. 

I really appreciate the time, treasure and talent you freely give in studying John.

I am signed up with the Forum, but when I am in it, I do not see how to respond 

to individual posts. 

Thanks, 

Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am Janzie.  I am so happy to be back at this Bible study.  It is a must.  We need to be in the Word every day because it is powerful and changes us.  I live in Rochester, NY and have lived here all my life.  I am a senior who enjoys gardening and cooking and studying the Word. Looking forward to His Word being planted in my heart.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shalom! My name is David. I live in Bucks County, PA. I attend a PCA church and have done so for about 10 years. When I have time, I enjoy playing the piano. I am also studying modern Hebrew. I worked through one of these JoyfulHeart studies last year (2022) before and during Advent.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am Glory, 21 years old. from India and I am a Pentecostal, whole family is involved in ministry, father -pastor and mother- evangelist/prophetess.  Currently perusing medicine 2nd year. My thirst is to know more about God and his kingdom. On the process of writing books on the revelations that God gives me, and I also write gospel songs.

• 2 months later...