JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hi all, my name is Mike and I originally hail from the Isle of Man UK. I now live in Preston Lancashire England. I'm so indisciplined when it comes to Bible study and yet when I get into it I get so blessed. I'm looking forward to sharing in God's Word through the Joyful Heart Studies and encouraging one another as we grow in God's grace. Thanks for having me along and every blessing to you all. :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in New Zealand, and while all you Northern Hemisphere people are experiencing the cold of winter, we are enjoying summer here. I love to swim and enjoy swimming outside at this time of the year.

Really like being able to do a structured study and I am looking forward to "getting my teeth" into this one

Howdy everybody!

My name is Brian Collins and we currently live in Plano TX (near Dallas) and attend an AG church in Carrollton TX. I grew up in San Antonio TX, attended the Kelly Air Force Base Chapel and got saved when I was 15 at a Christian summer camp near Kerrville TX. In college I was baptized in the San Marcos river and committed my life to Christ and started serving Him in a college-based ministry. I have been a Christian for 20 years now and even though He has taken me down many different roads, and many different towns, and a few churches, I am still in love with Him. Currently I am at a crossroads in life wondering what He would have me do for Him and what my ministry to Him should be. Basically what is God's Will for my life. I pray that through this Bible study and the friends I have made through the last Luke Bible study that God will show Himself to me. Thank you.

In Christ,

: :rolleyes:

Hi, My name is Sheila and I from Nova Scotia, Canada. I am very active in my Baptist Church locally, having led Bible Studies for many years, however, this is my first on line study. I am pleased that God led me to Joyful Heart Site. I am waiting with anticipation what the Lord will be doing and showing me in my life as I study Gideon.

Hello :unsure:

I'm Pearlofgreatprice. This is my first time doing a Bible Study on line and may I add my first time on a forum. So please bear along with me. I currently live in the Western New York area. I'm a member of Elim Christan Fellowship,and very active in my church. I'm in the intercessory prayer ministry, womens ministry, and worship dancers.

I look forward to connecting with you all.

God's peace and good journey ;)

Hello My name is Jeanne M. I am a newbie, I am learning so much about our Father and it is so wonderful to be a King's kid. I am a registered nurse that works with substance abuse patients so I need to learn as much about our Father as possible in order to help my patients I pray every morning that God will put the one in my path He wants me to talk to and to give me the words to say to hurting souls in hopes to bring them to His saving grace and mercy. I love you all and hope to be getting better aquainted as we journey with Gideon to learn more about our Father. God bless you all I'm From NC.

Hi, I'm Lyn from Alaska! I attend a Christian Church, and am active in the music (piano). I also enjoy the women's Bible studies, but since I didn't sign up for one this term, I decided to take this online course instead. I'm running a little behind, but hope to 'catch up' ... I'm very impressed with what I see here! I applaud this use of technology! :rolleyes:

Hi, I am Rodger Hooker from Owosso, MI. I have found an interesting parallel between Gideon and Job. Although the situations that caused the problems for both of them are quite different (Job had more justification to complain) God's answer was basically the same - trust me despite what you see.

One of the biggest issues in my life is trusting God to make the best of a situation even when it is my own fault. I hope thorough this study to do just that.

:rolleyes: Greetings my name is Donald Henhawke from Hamilton Ontario Canada, Im 37 years young ,a Anglican,artist,whom works as a custodian. I was raised as a Jehovah Witness but with the grace of God I was freed of the tyranny and not really fully indoctrinated into its deceptive assembly. I really enjoy all the entries from the last study of Luke and made some nice efriends. Kudos to Pastor Ralph Wilson to bring the bible to light in such a thoughful manor. Peace.

Hello...

Sorry for introducing myself late. My name is Fina Santos-Sagra, migrated to Ontario, Canada from the Philippines in 1998. I discovered Pastor Ralph's Jesus Walk website more than 2 years ago and found that it is very helpful in studying the Bible. Having knowledge of Jesus teachings from the Book of Luke helps me to know how it is to be a Christian not only by deeds but words as well. There were times I found certain parts of the Scriptures hard to understand and need the help of someone experienced in such matters- and I found it in Pastor Ralph's website.

I want to know more about God and our Lord Jesus that's why I signed up to this Bible Study Forum.

In this regard, I would like to thank Pastor Ralph who made this online Bible studies accessible to thousands around the world and also to those who continuously give their financial support and talents to help Pastor Ralph carry out its mission. May our Almighty God gives you continued good health, protection and love through Jesus Christ.

Peace and God be with us always.

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Hello all!!

What a great place - I am really excited to be part of this. I just joined, signed up for the Lent course and the Gideon bible study (ok I'm a bit late for that, but never mind hey?). I can't wait to get started.

Well a bit about myself: I became a Christian in December 2001 and have never looked back since. I feel like God's got me on a fast track programme, since 3 months after becoming a Christian I had such a strong sense of calling which has been confirmed over and over again since, that I have now applied to the TACF School of Ministry to start this fall.

So whereas I am at the moment in the UK, I'll probably (God willing) be located in Toronto, Ontario as of September...

Would love to hear from anyone - my Yahoo Im id and my AOL IM id are in my profile!!

Blessings in abundance

Kat

Hi, I am Diane from Michigan. Three years ago on the January 1, I received the Lord by the internet, in a chatroom. God works in mysterious ways!! I belong to a nondenominational church. I want to grow closer to the Lord and I believe studying His Word will enable me to learn what He wants me to learn. I hope to learn what others have to say as well, because what they whisper to my heart might open up what I need to hear. May God bless each one in this group and may our hearts, ears, eyes and spirits be open to what God wants to know.

God Bless You Pastor for bringing this study to many around the world!! And may we enjoy the blessings of being a Child Of GOD!! I hope to make many new friends here as well.

God Bless You All!!

Hi, My name is Johan and I am teaching in South Korea. As there are just 2 English speaking congregations in my city and both are far away from where I stay, my fellowship with other English speaking Christians are limited to Sundays. I really look forward to study the Bible in this way and may you all have a blessed experience. :D

Gideon blamed God by reffering to all the calamities that had befallen the Israelites and saying thatGod should not have allowed it.

His assessment is not accurate because he forgot the fact that God had given them the promise of being with them with a proviso- that they will obey Him and not worship other gods and they disobeyed God.

We blame God when we do not appreciate His goodness, mercifulness and faithfulness. Also when we disobey, we fail to realise that God is a consuming fire. We therefore, make excuses for our actions.

The danger of blaming God and not repenting our sins will be more punishment and unanswered prayers. God had assured us that if we obey Him, He will be with us, but if we disobey, He will punish us, because He is a just God inspite of the fact that He is merciful.

Florence

Hello! My name is Ronnie Waldridge and this is the first time I have done this type of Bible study. I have done a little research by going to different but never this kind of studying. I am 41 years and have been a christian for many years. I have taught Sunday School to small children several times. I have also preached several times over the years. I am currently teaching a New Convert Class at our Pentecostal Church with students from age about 20-40. I am really excited to be a part of this study as I have found out many years ago, that I can learn more by reading other peoples comments as it opens up my heart and mind to new ideas. I am married with a 9 year old son and my wife is expecting with a girl to be born in July. God Bless each of us as we try to learn more of His Word.

Hi, my name is Joe. I participated in the Bible studies on James and Luke and am looking forward to this one. I'm a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Florissant, Missouri. I enjoy sharing faith with Christian brothers and sisters of all denominations. I've met some beautiful people through these Bible studies. They have been a real blessing in my life. :D