JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Paul doesn’t care how others judge him because he knows that he has a God that can see the heart and He know what is going on with him. Paul doesn’t judge himself because he knows that it doesn’t do any good to keeping thinking about the mistakes that he has made and so he just moves on.

Our motives are so important in God’s judgment process because he can see if we were really doing it for him or for ourselves. Were we trying to promote Him or ourselves? The way I see God is a just God after all He sent his Son here to be sacrificed for our sins.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (1 Corinthians 4:3-5) Why doesn't Paul care how others judge him? Why doesn't Paul judge himself? Why are our motives so important in God's judgment process? Do you see God as a harsh judge? An easy judge? Why?

Paul doesn't care how others judge him because his conscience is clear and he believes in God's judgement only.

He also does not judge himself because he does his best to please God and will not slow himself down with self criticism that will only poison his mind and unnecessary worries..

Our motives are well read and known by God so that he judges us basically based on our motives than our action.

I do not see God as a hash judge but rather as a lenient and merciful judge or else I would have been consumed by His wrath. 

• 1 month later...

Why doesn’t Paul care how others judge him? Why doesn’t Paul judge himself?

1.  Paul considers himself a good servant so he does not worry about what others think.  God knows the heart and He is the only one with the right to judge.

Why are our motives so important in God’s judgment process?

2.  It shows whether we are sincere or not in being His servant or building up our own agenda.

Do you see God as a harsh judge? An easy judge? Why?

3.  I see God as a fair and just God.  Not harsh, for He is merciful and a forgiving God.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 4:3-5) Why doesn’t Paul care how others judge him? Why doesn’t Paul judge himself? Why are our motives so important in God’s judgment process? Do you see God as a harsh judge? An easy judge? Why?

Paul does not bother about what others think about him and he does not worry about himself because it is only the LORD at the appointment Who will judge him.

Our motives are important in this process because God see what is in our hearts and want us to be open before him.  What we feel about our situation or excusing ourselves from what we do or do not do matters not, only that which matters to God.  He alone sees our motives, which may be hidden to others and/or to ourselves.

God is neither a harsh nor an easy judge; He is God but holds us accountable to that which is right and is part of our sanctification process.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 4:3-5) Why doesn’t Paul care how others judge him? Why doesn’t Paul judge himself? Why are our motives so important in God’s judgment process? Do you see God as a harsh judge? An easy judge? Why?

Paul cares about how the people perceive him up to the point of being like Jesus and displaying the love of Christ. Paul is following, believing, trusting, and obeying the Jesus he met on the road to damasks. I don't see God as a bad or harsh God nor an easy one-just someone who knows us through and through and wants to give us "His" World.

• 4 weeks later...

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Paul does not bother about what others think about him and he does not worry about himself because it is only the LORD at the appointment Who will judge him.

Our motives are important in this process because God see what is in our hearts and want us to be open before him.  What we feel about our situation or excusing ourselves from what we do or do not do matters not, only that which matters to God.  He alone sees our motives, which may be hidden to others and/or to ourselves.

God is neither a harsh nor an easy judge; He is God but holds us accountable to that which is right and is part of our sanctification process.

• 5 months later...

Paul doesn't care how others judge him because he was more concerned about what his Master, our Lord and Savior thought of his works.  He doesn't judge himself, again, because he knew that God will have the final judgment.   Our motives are important in God’s judgment process because God knows the heart of man.  God knows the motive behind every action.  God is not a harsh judge.  He is a just and loving judge and will judge man according to his labor. 

• 5 months later...

Paul realizes that only the judgment of God matters. Man can not judge a person fairly and honestly. There are too many factors that will screw up the best of intentions. Paul realizes that he can not always judge himself fairly and honestly either. He know that humans make mistakes and they just need to repent to God and move on. They can not dwell on the failures that they make.

God will judge us by what is in our hearts and souls. He can see inside of us the places that we do not ever know exist. I want to believe that God is a fair judge. He is not harsh or easy. He is completely thorough in his judgment of us. he looks at all aspects of each of our thoughts and actions.

• 6 years later...

(1 Corinthians 4:3-5)

Why doesn't Paul care how others judge him?

Why doesn't Paul judge himself?

Why are our motives so important in God's judgment process?

Do you see God as a harsh judge?

An easy judge?

Why?

Others do not see our motives. It is not what others say that matters. God's judgment is what is important. God is a just judge and that is what matters. 

It is easy to think that because of our past we are knocked down again and again. It is actually the seeds of our past actions that grow and then it looks like we are being under constant punishment. 

We can only repent and ask God for forgiveness and mercy on those who have been affected by our previous sinful lifestyle. May their eyes too be opened to the truth so generational curses can be broken. 

• 1 year later...

Paul is a mature man, not only in Christ, but emotionally, thus able to blinker himself from the criticisms of other men/women and discipline himself to focus on what God has called him to do. Few men are like this but the ones that are have this steely core that some people interpret as a "leadership quality." It is not. It's the ability to follow Him.

I think Paul is making a point when he says he doesn't judge himself. He's trying to tell the reader to let God make the judgment, but clearly, from his other writings, Paul is very introspective and self-critical. He holds himself to a high standard and grieves when he "misses the mark." No one would speak of missing the mark unless that mark was clear and known.

I was about to write that I'm relieved God judges me by my motives rather than my successes, but then a little inner voice questioned my motives, too. My motives are not always pure.

Yes, God is harsh. He must be to keep righteousness intact. Western Christians tend to emphasize God's love, but His justice and righteousness are mentioned more often in the bible.  I see God's standards as exacting and difficult to reach. I constantly question my own fitness to be used in His kingdom and crave His forgiveness. My life is and has been difficult, to say the least; I tend to feel punished or neglected by God. I think it's a human tendency to view personal calamities as a consequence of something we have done -- think Job! -- rather than the circumstances He put in our lives to mature our character and mold us into His image. Still, the idea that God purposely puts us through pain and suffering, loss and disappointment, to correct our character is difficult to stomach. His love -- not judgment -- is easily questioned by someone who has suffered for many years without respite or evidence of answered prayer.