JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm Robyn. I live in Memphis, Tennessee with my husband Ted and son Joel, age 24.

I discovered Joyful Heart some years ago and liked it so much I subscribed to the email just so I wouldn't forget it. I never became invoved in any of the studies, due to illness, but kept the email coming.

I've been gradually recovering from an my illness, undiagnosed until 2 years ago. Two years of gluten free living (no wheat) have allowed me a significant health improvement.

For about a year, I've been studying Psalms on the CCEL.org boards, and am in the process of setting up some new, prayer related boards there. Pastor Ralph's announcement to study John was inviting, so here I am!

I look forward to digging in with all of you.

Robyn

Good Morning,

I am a 70-year-old grandmother living in Abilene, Texas with my husband, two dogs and a cat. We have three grown children--2 daughters and a son--and five grandchildren ranging in age from 12 to 22. Both my parents are living (still in their own home) at ages 92 and 93. I am richly blessed with my family as well as a loving and close church community.

I have been a Christian all of my life, being taken to church by my parents from the day I was born. My parents are faithful in their daily walk with God and are wonderful examples of how God transforms people through his church and through marriage if we live it as He has designed. I attended church-related schools from the time I was in the 7th grade until I graduated with my baccalaureate degree. I hold an Ed.D. from Peabody College of Vanderbilt University in Teaching and Learning. My entire work life was teaching. I have taught middle school through college students. The job I retired from in 2007 was the director of a program for disadvantaged students at Abilene Christian University. I currently volunteer a couple of days a week at a program here called FaithWorks. It is a 13-week job training program for adults that aims to help underemployed or unemployed adults learn the skills and attitudes necessary to get and keep a good job. It is a faith-based program.

The gospel of John has always been my favorite gospel (as it has for many people). I love the richness of the images used in John's writing. It is easy to imagine Jesus and his friends as they walk the roads and discuss the many ideas and events that occur in this gospel. Meditating on some of the ideas in this gospel has certainly increased my faith in Jesus as the Son of God during the times in my life when I was prone to doubt the beliefs I was brought up with.

I had double knee replacement surgery on May 16 of this year. This is the first really significant health issue I have personally faced in my life. Twelve years ago, one of our granddaughters was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia and went through treatment that was a challenge to our entire family. She was 3 at the time of her diagnosis. Today, she is a beautiful teenager, thanks be to a merciful God who granted her healing within the first month of treatment without a single relapse. My knee surgery has been a challenge, but slowly I am regaining strength and energy. I hope to be able soon to reclaim a life of active service--especially to my husband and aging parents, but also to my church family and my community.

I look forward to the discussions and meditation that will come about as a result of this study. My prayers are with everyone in the group that God will open our hearts to understand His will for each of us more clearly.

Blessings,

Gloria

Hi all,

I am a grandmother of nine living in northern Virginia.  I have been richly blessed with a close and loving family, good health and many beautiful Christian sisters and brothers.  But most of all, I am unaccountably, amazingly blessed to be a child of God, made pure and righteous by the shed blood of Jesus.

I am not a new Christian but I have still so much to learn.  I am very happy to be a part of this study.  Thanks and blessings to you, Pastor Ralph, for making this possible.

For His Sake and in His Love,

Susan

Good Morning Everyone!

I am Evang. Snow and I live in Compton, CA.  I am excited to take this journey with everyone studying John's Gospel. I am a 57 year old mother of one daughter and grandmother of one granddaughter.  I am active in my church and in the community.  I look forward to working and learning from each and everyone of you.  We all have something to offer!  Have a blessed day in the Lord!

Hi, my name is Rebecca. I am a British volunteer living in South Sudan where I live at an orphanage. I also teach English in their primary school. I am the only Catholic living at an Evangelical institution. I spend a lot of my time trying to break barriers between types of Christian and tribes. I am often asked to lead early morning devotions at the orpphanage and have also started a weekly Bible study session for the children. I have found JesusWalk very useful for this, along with my own experiences and church teaching. I have always loved the St John's Gospel and look forward to this study.

Hi everyone,

I live in Michigan. I've taught the beginning Jesus Walks discipleship class to a small group at our recent church plant in Kalamazoo. I learned much more than I taught. This is the first time I've participated in a forum and am excited about starting the study of John.

PeteD

Hi Everyone!!

This is my first online bible study but I am very excited about diving deeper into the gospel of John as well as making some new connections online. I am 41, mother of two, and live in NC.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I am a Christian brother from the UK in my early 30s with two young boys. I recently discovered this excellent resource and online community. I am just starting my first study and already I'm finding it very enjoyable. I look forward to interacting with you all on the forum in future. God bless.

Hi Pastor Ralph and to all,

I am Eric your brother in Christ. I am from Toronto, Canada. It's so nice to be a part of this Bible Study and I am really hoping I will grow more spiritually and to be more nearer to our Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you so much for having me here. May our good Lord be with you all.

Husband and I are recently retired. We are traveling full-time around the USA in our RV. It's sometimes difficult to find a church to worship at while traveling. Have been wanting to find an on-line bible study to supplement worship services. Just happened upon this website. And even tho I'm late in starting the study, I'm looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to join your forum.  I am a black woman from England with six adult children.  I am a joint Pastorate leader with another person.  I love Jesus and would like the whole world to know him and worship him.  I am praying for my husband and children to join me in Fellowship with Him.  I very much enjoy Pastor Ralph Wilson study.

Andrew and I believe John the author of this Gospel were followers of John the Baptist.  John the Baptist was an accomplished teacher; fulfilling his purpose by leading people to Jesus.  He became less that Jesus may be the greater.  I am reminded of the Holy Spirit, who is with us at all times and leading us pointing the way)  to Jesus and God the Father.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Pastor Ralph and all here.

I'm looking forward to the study of John, :rolleyes:  as I feel it is probably the most attacked part of the Bible among many 'cult' groups such as Jehovah's Witnesses.  

I live in England, but come from Ireland. I have a ministry to the various groups outside of Christianity. I love John's Gospel.

God bless to you all,

Thad

• 2 years later...

I am a ministry leader in a personal ministry in the U.S. and I use the Gospel of John a lot to attack other religions' theology point by point. I also do this a lot with atheists as well. I love the Gospel of John. I believe it is a great way to reach the lost but the occult and cults attack it a lot since they hate it and all the other Gospels. 

Jennifer 

• 1 year later...