JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Promises Fulfilled

Q1. (21:3-5)

What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"?

Why can the promises in 21:4 only be fulfilled in heaven?

Which of these do you especially look forward to?

God and His people will live together in perfect peace and harmony. We will fully know Him, love, and serve Him, and forever taste His goodness. We will be together, which contrasts with the OT, where only the high priest once a year could enter into His presence. Now we will always be in His presence. In heaven, death, mourning, crying, and pain will all be no more. They have been caused by the curse of sin affecting God

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (21:3-5) What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"? Why can the promises in 21:4 only be fulfilled in heaven? Which of these do you especially look forward to?

God will be with us; we will have been fully redeemed. Our former selves will have passed away and the only part left is the righteousness that has been so mercifully bestowed on us. Only under God's reign can wickedness cease. The old, corrupt world will pass away. I am especially looking forward to His righteous rule and living together in His love!

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (21:3-5) What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"? Why can the promises in 21:4 only be fulfilled in heaven? Which of these do you especially look forward to?

The significance of the fact that in Heaven God Himself will be with us is that being in the very presence of God has eliminated all the negative and evil things that we have suffered here on earth that have resulted from the consequence of sin. As was promised there will be no reason to sorrow, be sadden by anything or to cry

• 1 month later...

Answer:

1.What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"?

ALL THE PROMISES OF GOD WILL COME TO PASS.This is the most significant fact that

Answer:

1.What is the significance of the fact that in heaven "God himself will be with them"?

ALL THE PROMISES OF GOD WILL COME TO PASS.This is the most significant fact that

• 3 months later...

The significance that "God will be with us" is that this will all be new. The bride has become pure and spotless, faithful and eager for her groom. We will be perfected and He will be with us. There is complete restored relationship with Him. The "marriage" will take place.

The promises in 21:4 can only be fulfilled in Heaven because sin and death are fully and completely defeated then. We now, are changing, but then, will be completely changed!

What do I especially look forward to? I used to say "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes." because I've shed a lot of tears....but really, when I look at it now.... that there will be "no more death or mourning or pain because the old order of things has passed away." is really what I look forward to. When the new will come and all the things we sigh about here will be no more and everyone will be made new and complete and dwell with each other in love,purity and holiness.... and God will be with us...that's what I look forward to very much!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That when God be in heaven with us there will be no more sorrow or pain We will be his children and he will be our father.

It can only be fulfull in heaven because this is where our homes will be. We look forward to being in a place where there is no more crying and pain it is only good. No more worry about bills or food.

• 1 year later...

The significance is that we would have new bodies. Bodies created the way God intended them to be, perfect. Sin will be no more. The promises can only be fulfilled in heaven because flesh can't enter heaven. There is no dying there, no crying there, no pain or sickness. God will wipe away all our tears. I am looking forward to seeing my heavenly Father face to face. Everything will be made new, Amen.

• 1 month later...

Aside from fulfilling prophecy, God will be dwelting with those human-beings who acknowledge and love him and want to be with Him in Heaven.  Heaven, God's base of operations where the Way, the Truth, and The Life exists.  Where there is no rebellion, false gods, false worship and sin  Only in the Kingdom of Heaven/God will those who love and honor and serve God will exist.  Those human-beings who delight and find joy in the Lord will be there.  No more consequences of lawlessness and sin will exist.  I look forward to the peace, joy, and thrill of being able to exist and worship God in His presence with all those beings who love and acknowledge Him.

• 1 year later...

I can not find the words to explain how wonderful my heart feels that I will be in God's glorious presence. It is beyond a dream come true. And to know that all the sorrows that are in the world today will be forever gone. I am not sure if my heart can handle that joy right now. I am not sure what one thrills me more. No that is not true, I think that the presence of God will make everything okay. That is the biggest reward in all the heavens. Because it is beyond anything here on earth.

• 1 year later...

We cannot be in God's presence with sin.  In heaven, all sin has been cleansed, there is no evil, we are now in our sanctified state where we can now be in God's presence. We will be united with God, in the absence of sin and all of sin's consequences. We will be with all of God's children as family...perfect family!!!

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q1. Promises Fulfilled