JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. (Daniel 3:28-30) 

How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment? 

Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? 

Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? 

What might hold you back?

a.Nebuchadnezzar was in complete agreement with them ,He spoke-as to blessed be the God of Shadrek ,Meshach and Abed Nego ,The king acknowledged that God sent an angel to deliver the men and even changed the order of king ,(himself),The king understood that theyoung men were willing to yield their bodies ,that they may not worship or serve anyone other than the God of Israel 

b.Yes ,I am willing to follow the scriptures and disobey any law to be faithful to God 

c.Yes ,,Stand in the Word ,

d.What is there in this world  is mortal ,and if in anyway ,there is a call to yield ourselves to be a winner in Christ ,,The little Folk will follow the cross ,

Q4. (Daniel 3:28-30) How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment? Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back?

The king saw faith in action and also saw the power of God in whom they put their trust. He was very impressed with what he witnessed. But he was also impressed that they stood faithful to God under threat of death. They did. It back down. Because of their faith, the king honored their God by making it illegal to disrespect their God. I have been in ministry for many years, but only in recent months have I ever thought it would come to the point in America where I would have to disobey a law of the land in order to honor God. That day is on the horizon and I would stand for Jesus, no matter the cost -with God's help. What might hold me back is relying on my own strength.

Daniel 3:28-30) How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment? Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back.

They trusted in [their God] and defied[98] the king's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God." (3:28b)

I believe that I would be faithful to God and lay down my life, I feel that staying close to Him and in His word He would give me the strength needed at the time.

Nebuchadnezzar began to praise and bless the God of the Jews who revealed unmatched power and faithfulness by sending a divine messenger to protect and deliver His servants. This deity received all the glory as the king commended Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego for their complete faith and trust in their God-above-all-others and for their refusal to obey, honor, or serve any other. They were willing to die rather compromise.

"Are you willing to disobey a command or law...to lay down your life...to be faithful to God?" This is a serious question that becomes more and more timely for believers as the darkness of evil seems to gain new ground every day and this world draws ever closer to the coming time of final cleansing and judgment. Nine people at an American community college just lost their lives one by one, specifically because they refused to deny their faith in Christ as a gun was pointed at their heads. I have strong faith, but am humbled by lessons from Peter's denial. I can only pray for such courage should I ever be faced with such a situation.  I do not ever want to betray Him.

Nebuchadnezzar summed up their faith by saying that they would rather give up their life then bow down to an image made by man. I think that I would be willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God. I hope that I would be like those Christians kids in Oregon that gave up their lives and said that they would rather follow God than deny Him. I have thought about this quite a bit so I hope that there is nothing that is holding me back. But I have learned that you don’t know what you will do until you have been in that situation.

How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment? Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back?

The king was constrained to recognize the young Jews were correct and to accept he had no power above people if God would not had permitted. Nowadays, I and all Christians have to disobey laws and not follow the politically correct behavior imposed on us. 

• Nebuchadnezzar summed up their faith and commitment in Daniel 3:28b when he said "They trusted in their God and defied the kings command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God."

• It is important for me as a Christian to follow God's commands than to follow men's orders.

I am prepared to take my cross and follow my Saviour by turning away from sinful lifestyle and doing what the Bible tells me to do as a follower of Christ. This is not easy but one has to keep on striving to live according to God's statutes.

Q4. (Daniel 3:28-30) How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment? Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back?

Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment in verse 28, he said:

"Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego,

who has sent his angel and rescued his servants!

They trusted in him and defied the king's command and were willing

to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God." 

I am willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God, because I know that all thins will work together for my good.  By His grace I would be willing to lay down my life to be faithful to God.

• 1 year later...

Nebuchadnezzar was amazed that three young men's commitment to God was so strong that these three men were willing to be thrown into a fiery furnace, facing certain death, to obey God's commandments regardless of the consequences. We all want to believe we will be faithful to God and do what he requires even unto death. Jesus suffered a death so painful that man today has trouble comprehending. And he did it willingly. And he did it for us. Would I willingly lay down my life to be faithful to God? I believe my faith is strong enough to accept this. Hopefully nothing would hold me back. This life is transitory but Heaven is forever.