JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Daniel had private prayer and always looked towards Jerusalem based on the Old Testament. He prayed regularly three times a day on a kneeling position and bowing his head. He gave thanks, praised God, asked for God's mercy and made petitions.

• I pray twice a day every day (morning on waking up and in the evening before bed time). If time permits I have a short prayer during my lunch time. My prayer is composed of ACTS -meaning: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication. Most of the time I pray from a sitting position because of arthritis. I sometimes fix my eyes on an imaginary stool with God/Jesus sitting on it as I pray.

Q6. (Daniel 6:10-11) How would you characterize Daniel’s prayer practices? Which of these have you adopted? Which might help your prayers if you adopted them?

Daniel's prayer practices are ones that we can adopt if we are not yet doing so.  I have adopted most of Daniel's practices and I'd like to add praying toward Jerusalem and I pray for the Jews.

Q6. (Daniel 6:10-11) How would you characterize Daniel’s prayer practices? Which of these have you adopted? Which might help your prayers if you adopted them?

1). I would characterize Daniel's prayer practice as excellent. Daniel prayed without ceasing, while giving all Glory and honor to God. 2). I make an honest attempt to pray without ceasing. 3). It would help if

I make my prayers more specific.

Q6. (Daniel 6:10-11)

Q. How would you characterize Daniel's prayer practices?

A. Daniel prayed regularly to God kneeling down with his bowed and hands raised to God in humility. 

Q. Which of these have you adopted?

A. I pray regularly, sometimes kneeling and bowing down to God.

Q. Which might help your prayers if you adopted them?

A. All except facing a perticular direction as my God is Omnipresent 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Q6. (Daniel 6:10-11) How would you characterize Daniel's prayer practices? Which of these have you adopted? Which might help your prayers if you adopted them?

Daniel's prayer practices show just how devoted he is to God. He humbles himself before God when he prays. Daniel's prayers place God will above all else. He knew the consequences if he prayed but placed his love of God and God's will above his own desires. While I pray daily this story of Daniel shows how short I fall in prayer. All the ways Daniel prays would greatly benefit myself. Time to spend more of my day praying to our Father. Amazing eye opener to be incorporated into my life!

• 3 years later...