JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Name and Mission

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. How is the meaning of Jesus' name linked to his mission? What is his mission? How did he fulfill this mission? How did he fulfill his mission in your life?

Jesus’ name is His mission: He will save His people from their sins,Yahweh's salvation embodied in human form. Christ had a twofold goal in coming to earth as a baby: to provide us with a tangible image of who God is, and to die in our place to pay our penalty for sin.Jesus The Savior - who was fully God, fully man, and 100 percent innocent - died a humiliating, excruciating death to pay the debt we couldn't afford. He is the only one who could lay down His life to save us and bridge the gap between each person and the Father.

There is no possible way for me to earn salvation. It is an awesome gift that the Father freely offers to each one of us. The only "condition" is that we receive Jesus Christ as our personal Savior and follow Him.

Q1. How is the meaning of Jesus' name linked to his mission? 

What is his mission? How did he fulfill this mission? How did 

he fulfill his mission inyour life?

1. He did what his name means "to save, deliver, give victory, help."

2. Jesus' mission was not to overthrow the Roman oppressors and reinstate the Jewish kingdom. His mission was to save his people from a far more insidious enemy -- sin. Jesus came to destroy the power of sin.

3. He saved me from my sins, he delivered me, gave me the victory, and helped me.

Q1. How is the meaning of Jesus’ name linked to his mission? What is his mission? How did he fulfill this mission? How did he fulfill his mission in your life?

Jesus name, Yeshua, means salvation. His mission was to be the final sacrifice for all our sins. He went to the cross sinless, as a lamb without blemish, at the same time as the Passover sacrifices. Day by day Jesus fulfills this in my life by his blood covering God's judgement passes over me.

To help you internalize and apply what you’re learning from this study, I’ve included several Discussion Questions in each lesson. These are designed to help you think about and ponder the most important points. Don’t skip these. It’s best to write them out. You can post your answers – and read what others have written – by going to the online forum by clicking on the URL below each question. (Before you can post your answer the first time, you’ll need to register. You can find instructions at

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/instructions.htm

Q1. How is the meaning of Jesus’ name linked to his mission? What is his mission? How did he fulfill this mission? How did he fulfill his mission in your life?

The meaning of Jesus' name embodies His mission, He came to earth to save, deliver, set free, bring victory, give help, preserve and rescue man from the dangers, affliction and harm that the enemy may set for them. The name of Jesus is powerful.  His mission is to bring Salvation to the world.  Jesus fulfilled His mission through His teachings, His sacrificial death and bodily resurrection. I thank God that Jesus  fulfilled His mission because now I can, with great assurance, say that I am saved and looking forward to one day being in glory with Him.

Q1. How is the meaning of Jesus' name linked to his mission? What is his mission? How did he fulfill this mission? How did he fulfill his mission in your life?

How is the meaning of Jesus' name linked to his mission?

Jesus was God's only begotten Son whom was sent to earth for one reason: Jesus name in Hebrew means Yahweh saves.

What is his mission? How did he fulfill this mission? How did he fulfill his mission in your life?

His mission was to be sent to earth by God to die on the cross for our sins, and to make us all believe and put our faith in Him.

Question 1a.   Jesus' name means to save, to rescue, to preserve, to keep from harm/ to preserve from eternal death.

1b.    When I learned and heard about Jesus and what He did on the cross for me, by taking all my sins, as well as the world's sins, upon himself, paid my sin debt,

I accepted Him as my Savior.  He saved me from eternal damnation and death. 

Q1. [/size]

Q.How is the meaning of Jesus' name linked to his mission? [/size]

A. The meaning of Jesus is Saviour. His ministry is thus the salvation of his people (and the world at large) from their sin.

Q. [/size]What is his mission? How did he fulfill this mission?[/size]

A. His mission as I said is salvation of souls which He did by His sacrificial death on the cross all mankind. I am a privileged beneficiary of this mission because I have received him as my Saviour and Lord in/ of my life.

Q1. [/size]

Q.How is the meaning of Jesus' name linked to his mission? [/size]

A. The meaning of Jesus is Saviour. His ministry is thus the salvation of his people (and the world at large) from their sin.

Q. [/size]What is his mission? How did he fulfill this mission?[/size]

A. His mission as I said is salvation of souls which He did by His sacrificial death on the cross all mankind. I am a privileged beneficiary of this mission because I have received him as my Saviour and Lord in/ of my life.

Q1.

How is the meaning of Jesus' name linked to his mission?

What is his mission?

How did he fulfill this mission?

How did he fulfill his mission in your life?

We know that the different names of God as mentioned in the Bible are an authoritative testimony of His great power, glory and majesty. Through the Bible we come to know that God employs names to signify and individual’s role and the name’s purpose in God’s plan. It’s no different with the name of Jesus or Yeshua as mentioned the shorter form of Joshua or Yehoshua. It means God is Salvation – God Saves – God our deliverer etc. – God’s purpose is always reflected in the names of persons to which it is assigned to.

The angel revealed the mission of Jesus, “…….She will give birth to a Son and you are to give Him the name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." (Matt 1:21) The hopeless situation humanity was in without Jesus is really appalling and the death penalty awaiting man was unimaginable. But then, as Paul wrote, “When we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die…But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Rom 5:6-8)

With the intervention of Jesus in my life, God has a need for me and is using me for His purpose. I am not dead – I am not waiting for the death penalty because Jesus has already paid the ultimate price with His life bringing salvation and a relationship with God as God’s child.

Jesus' Hebrew name is a compound word which means "Yahweh Saves."  That he bears this name is no coincidence, but the plan of God. ​

Jesus mission was to save / preserve mankind from eternal death / bring messianic salvation.  His mission was to save his people from a far more insidious enemy -- sin. Jesus came to destroy the power of sin.

Jesus did this by humbly being obedient to his Father and dying on the cross carrying all the sin of mankind.

As I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior, he saved me from my old sinful life, forgave my sins and set me free, redeemed me from the clutches of the evil one.  Jesus paid the price for my sins and I am blessed with life, a restoration of relationship whom I can have fellowship now through the blood of Jesus.  Thank you Jesus.

To help you internalize and apply what you’re learning from this study, I’ve included several Discussion Questions in each lesson. These are designed to help you think about and ponder the most important points. Don’t skip these. It’s best to write them out. You can post your answers – and read what others have written – by going to the online forum by clicking on the URL below each question. (Before you can post your answer the first time, you’ll need to register. You can find instructions at

Jesus name is linked to his mission by the fact his Hebrew name was "Yeshua" meaning Yahweh saves.

Jesus mission was to save his people from their sins.

Jesus fulfilled his mission by dying on the cross for our sins.

Jesus fulfilled his mission in my life by redeeming me from the just punishment God would have given me for my sins, eternal banishment from his presence. 

Jesus/Yeshua came into this world, sent by His Father to save me and all believers.

That I put 'me' first may sound presumptuous but that's where it needs to be placed if

His salvation won for me if I am to have it and live in it. That puts me within the

great crowd of saints who will gather around His throne. Wonderful!

Now speaking of His humanity, it is important for me that I can remember him as the

man who trod the shores of Galilee and who walked among the people as a humble person.

Everything He did was as a human being. How hard it is to keep that in mind. We know

He sits in glory and so we aspire to find suitable words to address. Thanks that we

have His names to guide us. As a musician the great composers, Bach, Handel, Haydn,

Mozart, Beethoven tend to become legends to me, like great sportspeople do to

lovers of sport. Thus they become a culture to me and can easily become an end rather

than the means to the end. This is why I need always to return to the Man who lived,

and walked amongst us, ministered to us and went the cross for us.

​Jesus is named for his mission.  Yahweh saves.  Jesus came to save, to deliver, to conquer sin. He will be a warrior against sin.  Jesus fulfilled this mission by the cross.  He died on the cross for all of us.  He took our sins and to that cross even those we had not yet committed and died.  Every time I think of what he did, of his suffering I know I can face whatever it is I have to face. 

Jesus oiginally Hebrew name means "Yahwes Saves" meanwhile "saves" is from the verd Yasha meaning to save, give victory etc.

The Angel appeared to Mary and asked her to name the chile JESUS(Luke 1:13) and then to Joseph gave him the name Jesus and the reason why that name (Mtt 1:21) You will give him the name Jesus because He will save His people from sin.

His mission is to SAVE His people from sin, and bring them to salvation.

Jesus fulfilled this mission by accepting to die on the cross so that His blood will washed away our sins.

Tis mission is fulfilled in my life since I have accepted him, knowing that his blood has cleansed my sins and now I am saved.

Q1. How is the meaning of Jesus' name linked to his mission?

God Almighty gave a Hebrew name to the Jewish baby to be born of Mary, He will be called "Yeshua" for a name gives meaning or purpose, Yeshua means, (Yaweh saves) there is no other name one can be saved but by the name of "Yeshua" - Jesus as the Gentile know Him,

Q2.What is his mission?

His promised mission as “Messiah” is to bring peace and to rule the world as King of Kings.

Q3. How did he fulfill this mission?

Before "Yeshua" as Messiah could sit on the seat of King David and reign over the house of Jacob forever, a kingdom that will have no end, He must successfully complete first this mission His Father sent him to fulfill, God's sacrificial "Passover Lamb". (Luke1:33)

The "Son of God" fulfilled over 20 prophecies that foretold the mission of Yeshua, (Jesus) (Mat 27:35)  they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots - (Psa 22:18)   

He is the head corner stone in whom there is no other "SALVATION" - the "Lamb of God” won victory over human sin.

His mission is not yet complete, the world is waiting for the Lamb that appeared to have been slaughtered, to return, but not as a lamb, but as the Lion of the tribe of Judah, because the Root of David has prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals, to execute judgment, to rule the world in righteousness, and to bring peace.

Q4. How did he fulfill his mission in your life?

When Jesus cried and said (John 12:44) He that believes on me, believes not on me, but on him that sent me. I believe Yaweh, God the Father loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes on Him would not perish but have ever lasting life. My life is fulfilled because I have the “Song” living in my heart.

Q1. How is the meaning of Jesus’ name linked to his mission? What is his mission?

Yahweh saves is the translated name of Jesus. His mission was to save His people from their sins. It was common in ancient times to name someone for a particular trait or for the purpose that was intended for them.

How did he fulfill this mission?

Jesus died on the cross and was raised to life again in order to defeat sin for all time. God in His holiness could only accept a perfect sacrifice to atone for the sins of the world and the only one perfect enough . . in fact, the only one perfect at all was His only Son. In death Jesus paid the penalty for sin. In being raised from death to life by God the Father Jesus comprehensively defeated the power of sin, which can only lead to death.

How did he fulfill his mission in your life? 

Jesus died for my sins and I accepted His offer of eternal life by acknowledging that He died for me and He how lives in me by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Jesu' Hebrew name is a compound word that means "Yahweh saves" meaning save, deliver, give victory or help. Both Maty and Joseph were directed by angels to name him Jesus, it's the message for Joseph being ""he will save his people from their sins". Matthew 1:21. That is Jesus' mission, to save his people from their sins. Therefore, when we say his name we should always be reminded that God sent him with the express mission to save his people from their sins.

Jesus, did indeed save his people for their (our) sins as became the sacrificial lamb and bore our sins that we might be so free in front of God - those who are his people who have repented and accepted his sacrifice.

He fulfilled that mission in my life as well, as I have repented and accepted his gift of salvation.

• 4 weeks later...

The meaning of Jesus' name is linked to His mission because it is a Hebrew name of a compound word that means "Yahweh saves".

Jesus' mission was to save His people from their sins. He came to destroy the power of sin.

Jesus fulfilled His mission by dying on the cross, then rising from the dead 3 days later.

Jesus fulfilled His mission in my life when I accepted Him as my Savior between the ages of 12 and 14.