JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

2. Keeper

Pastor Ralph

God is my helper in that He gives me strength and protection. He is with me in ever situation and trial or temptation. I am never alone.

He helps me deal with show love to those who do not love me. He Helps me forgive others. He gives me strength for each day. He speaks to me through His word and gives me advice.

He is my keeper because He is all around me. He shines His light on my path. He keeps my soul. He even bottles up my prayers and keeps them. He keeps me from sinning and from forgetting that He loves me and has my heart, He keeps me coming back to Him after I go astray.

He has angels watching over me. He keeps me from the evil one. Protects my soul and mind through His word. 

I am always under His wings or protection. He keeps me from being blinded by my own pride or bitterness. Points out the lies of Satan to me. 

He shields me when I use his word to deflect the enemies attacks. He shields or protects me when i draw closer to Him in prayer. He points out dangers on my path. 

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you? In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you?

As a believer, God has given me the mind of Christ as His child, protecting my mind from needing to fall to temptation.  Unfortunately, there are times when my fleshly mind comes in to play.  I used to pray for strength and peace.  Many years ago I learned to pray, "God, YOU are my Strength and Peace."  It changed the dynamic totally.  Even through a godless forced resignation years ago to last week's nose bleed, God keeps me safe spiritually, emotionally, and relationally.  I know I belong to Him and that He will never let me go.  He has now taken me, physically, through Afib, carotid artery surgery in my neck, kidney stones, 3 hernias, and a recent nose bleed from new use of a cpap machine while on plavix.  God guards and shields my way.  I can't know how many times God has prevented me from being in an accident...whether from a moment's lapse of attention or a moment's sleepiness.  He shields me from the arrows of the evil one with the shield of faith.  He is my Shade in that he enables me to stay calm when counseling troubled souls...He gives me a "cool" head for the situation.  I cannot live the Christian life without God being my Helper, Keeper, Guard, Protector, Shield, and Shade.  I know He has protected me when I've been in jail cells with felons teaching them God's Word.  He's all that and sooooo much MORE!!!  Praise to HIM!!!

On 7/18/2020 at 7:26 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you? In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that shields you?

He gives me wisdom, peace, endurance. Protection and strength to live for Him.

He helps in my job, as a father, as a husband to treat those he has entrusted me with, in a way that glorifies Him.

He has kept me safe traveling, from sickness, has kept me safe financially.

He has been my shade physically, through giving me a home and office to shield me from the sun/ elements. Also, spiritually and emotionally from discouragement from difficulties in life.

Jesus is the Only resource of help in this life.He is the Only One that meet your needs spiritually and naturally.He helps me in every area of life.For example when trails comes my way He steps in right non time !!! As a Faithful believer we are always protected !!!The Lord Shall preserves my going out (He’s There) my coming in ( He’s There). He protests my Spirtual life as well as my physical life.

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you? In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you?

When it comes to God being my Help I can't even begin to count the ways He has helped me in my life lately and in the past. I however can remember some very awe inspiring moments that caused me to realize how powerful my God truly is. While I was casting out demons in my ministry that I have, I felt that the person's family in general was very antagonist toward believers and would not approve of me and what I was doing at the time. Upon finishing what I had done, I began to get death threats and some very disturbing things at my door step that were from the family. All saying that they would kill me if I chose to do to come back down and my work for the Lord. As the Lord would have it; I ended up being told that I was no longer able to participate in them because of my chronic back pain and it was best that I let someone else take my place. That I believe was God's protection of me then when I least expected it. Just recently I have been struggling with ongoing health issues that never seem to resolve themselves. I ended up in the er because of it. I was incredibly terrified at the time because I didn't know what they would find. However upon they ended up telling me that I needed another test to find the cause of my problems. While on the way to the hospital God used a song's lyrics to make a point to me. He told me that even though I don't see Him working He is working and He is the way maker. He helps me by reminding me of His goodness and protection and provision when I need it. See above for examples. When I am scared I feel His presence. His wings surround me. He shields me from the storm.

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121).

Q. In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you?

A. The Lord God Almighty is my Hep in times of need

Q. In what ways  is he your Keeper?

A. He keeps watch over me in my going out and coming in delivering me from seen and unseen enemies

Q. How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you?

A. There are times I cannot perceives every act of God protection but He does so all the same

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 5:26 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you? In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you?

Thank the Lord He helps me in all ways, from the time I get up in the morning, until I retire at night.  Guidance, wisdom, encouragement, answers to prayer, etc. He keeps me in His love, in health, close to Him, from temptation, etc.  I can often sense His presence throughout the day.  If I am not obedient, and yield to temptation I can tell the difference.  He is afar off, there is lack of fellowship, and can feel as if I have lost his "covering. But thank the Lord for His Love, His forgiveness, His mercies.  The day sure goes a lot smoother when I am walking close to Him, and under His covering. 

• 6 months later...

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121).

1. In what ways is God your Help? 2. How does he help you?  3. In what ways  is he your Keeper? 4. How do you perceive that he guards and protects you?  5. How is he your Shade? 6. How do you see that he shields you?

The Father helps me through my everyday life. He is with me always I know, because i'm still here without missing a beat. He feeds me, not only my heart with his words, but my life with spirit. He watches over us, protects us, guards our day and night. I know the father is there guarding my everyday move. I can't quite explain how, I just know he guards and protects me and my family. I've always known that, since child. I remember as a child having nightmares and always running for my bible to read (Psalms 91), always brought me comfort and was able to fall back asleep. One of my fav Psalms along with (Psalms 69).

Thank you for the attention and I wish all a wonderful blessed day. May the Father Bless all. JB

I find that when I feel a sense of despair, I look back at god's intervention in my life and go back to prayer and it gives me a sense of peace. Its nice to keep in touch with him on a daily basis so that it becomes a habit and the feeling of peace is a constant..

• 1 year later...

I look back throughout my 60 years on this earth. God has been with me all along. I can think of so many interventions and unexplained blessings that just over flow into my life on a daily basis. I can get distracted and overwhelmed by circumstances. But if I really start to focus on details of my day, I can count many blessings, big and small. He always seems to have my back, even when I know I don't deserve it. He comforts me, encourages me, corrects me, instructs me, guides me, and loves me. I think of so many times when I know I deserved judgment and the lightening bolt moments. He could have exposed me, my faults and failures to the world. But He covered me, His love has covered a multitude of sins. He keeps me safe. He has taken care of my children and family supernaturally. I've learned through the years after the fact of times my children were in danger and I was oblivious. But He watched over them and brought them through. I feel like a bubble of protection or shield around me. He lets me know when I'm getting too close to the edge and ready to fall over the side. He preserves my life. I owe Him everything and I know it. He evens the score when I'm being mistreated. I feel Him coming to my rescue. Likewise, when I am the one who is wrong, He lets me know in no uncertain terms so I can repent and make it right and not have this heavy weight on my soul. I feel so blessed to have God in my corner, rooting for me, cheering me on, and watching over me all the days of my life. 

• 6 months later...
On 7/18/2020 at 8:26 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you? In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you?

When I'm in need of God I call out to him and I know he is there, to listen to hold me. I know God works out everything too are good. 

God watches over me to keep me in all my ways.

The blood of Jesus is over me, he sends his angles to protect me.

When things are to much he shades me, I know that he shields me cause the Bible tells me so.