JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

2. Keeper

Pastor Ralph

• 3 weeks later...

God is helping me all the time. I can go to Him when I am having a bad day and I can go to Him when I am having a great day. Therefore He is my Keeper because He is ways with me. Nobody can take Him away. I have done some pretty stupid thing in my life but it seem like God is there when I need Him. He is with me when I can’t find my keys and He is with me when I travel. He is my shade by putting on my heart not do some things I shouldn’t be doing.

God has been protector and strength all through my life.I was saved twice from death due to accidents ,once in a waterfall and again in a road accident.

He has been keeping me under his shade as he is Jehovah Shammar.He guards me even from small dangers as he answers my prayers for even small things when made sincerely.

I could always feel that he shields me from all evil designs of Satan .It is a wonderful experience walking with God under his protective care

I look at the cross and recall the words of OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST:(Psalm 22)

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? ... O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

"Yesterday" it was DELIVERANCE...."today"....it is KEEPER...."Tomorrow"...we will go to the house of the LORD..

This is how HE keeps us thru PRAYER:(from today's lesson)

"Lord, in the midst of all the dangers we may sense around us from men, from circumstances, from disease -- in them all, Lord, we choose to put our trust in you. You are our Help, our Keeper, our Shade. Shelter us from all that comes against us, and bring us safe to our eternal home, according to your Word. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen."

God is my help in many ways. He comforts me when I am sad. He always comes through with just the right person at just the right time when I am lonely or I feel forsaken. If I discipline myself to stop and listen for Him, He keeps me from feeling fearful in those times when things have not gone well. Sometimes, He keeps me and guards me from focusing on my weakness by showing me the strength that others have found in Him in similar circumstances. This morning, early, I was watching a show about animal babies on the PBS channel. At the time I tuned in, it was focused on the mountain gorilla that lives mostly in the trees of central Africa. It showed how the mountain gorilla mother kept her baby close to her until the baby had developed the strength and agility to keep herself from falling out of the tree and to find the food that grew in the tops of the trees. The “mom” gorilla was constantly attuned to where her child was and what she was doing. When she felt the babe was venturing out too far for her ability to be safe, she gently pulled the infant closer to her. This is my picture of how God has shielded me from harmful choices so many times in my life. Especially when I was a teenager, I can now see His gentle (sometimes, it didn’t feel so gentle) hand guiding me back to His side and His purpose for my life. What a marvelous, loving God He is to keep us from falling. Even when He allows us to go a little farther than he would like us to be, it is always to teach us that staying close to Him is our escape from trouble. All we need to do is to be submissive to His will for us. 

Precious Father, be with me as I still learn to look to you for help when I am out on a limb. Teach me to FIRST look to you for strength and the power to resist the temptations that my enemy puts in front of me. Sometimes, they are sooo enticing, and I tend to fall back into the self-centered longing to take matters into my own hands. Help me to know that You are my true helper, and that on my upward journey to the place of worshipping You, I need your steady guidance to keep me on the path toward the true joy that You offer. I do love you and praise you forever, my Lord and my God.

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you?

He helps me to be righteous, to do right. The other day I was angry with my husband about something, something that he did again and it was bugging me. I prayed about it, asking for wisdom, on Sunday morning. The word I received in prayer was that I need to be grateful for him, first. Later, the pastor spoke on bitterness and forgiveness. So the Lord helped me to let it go, and look for things to be grateful for...to do the right thing. I know that sometimes the right thing is to say something, but this time it was to give it to the Lord. So I can trust Him to help me say something when it needs to be said and let it go when He needs to take care of it.

In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? 

Sometimes things happen that hurt a lot, and you wonder where He is. He keeps, like the shepherd story, by going to find the lost sheep. He doesn't leave you out there, in the fear or pain. I can trust that He will comfort and forgive me as I go through painful experiences.  
You will keep in perfect peace whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Is 26:3

How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you? 

Shade on a hot day is such a blessing! He makes our troubles a blessing because we reach out to Him and He answers our prayers! He puts a spirit of praise in our hearts, and It's so easy to praise Him, no matter what! When the fruit of the Spirit...love, joy, peace. patience, etc.....pops in us, isn't that like gardening in the shade? It makes the work so much easier!

On September 2, 2020 at 7:29 AM, Old Jerry said:

God is helping me all the time. I can go to Him when I am having a bad day and I can go to Him when I am having a great day. Therefore He is my Keeper because He is ways with me. Nobody can take Him away. I have done some pretty stupid thing in my life but it seem like God is there when I need Him. He is with me when I can’t find my keys and He is with me when I travel. He is my shade by putting on my heart not do some things I shouldn’t be doing.

So true! 

27 minutes ago, Mecco said:

Mecco wrote this beautiful reminder: "Shade on a hot day is such a blessing! He makes our troubles a blessing because we reach out to Him and He answers our prayers! He puts a spirit of praise in our hearts, and It's so easy to praise Him, no matter what! When the fruit of the Spirit...love, joy, peace. patience, etc.....pops in us, isn't that like gardening in the shade? It makes the work so much easier!"

Edited by Shuttlehall

You are my helper and my deliverer.  In Hebrews, God said, "never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.  The LORD  is my helper. I will not be afraid.and again in psalms we read " O LORD I called to you for help.  There are many instances in reading the Psalms particularly where the psalmist cries for help and mercy.  My help comes from the Lord who made Heaven and Earth.

He watches over me like a keeper would.  HE never goes to sleep.  Always on guard protecting me from the evil one.  Won't allow me to be tripped up by the enemy.    The LORD is my shade nothing can destroy me neither the Sun by day nor the moon by night.  At the end of palm 121 "he will watch over your life.......over your coming and going both now and forever more.  God is our protector, have no fear.  

It's easy to become fearful during this very long pandemic.  But God reassures us numerous times in the bible that he will protect us and guard us and be our shield.  "I believe in God the Father........"

Edited by XAVY
Left out a word

God helps me see things from His perspective. He lifts the veil of darkness enabling me to catch a glimpse of His love & omnipotence. He gives me strength to carry my burdens. He speaks to me thru other people or gives me an intuitive thought or inspiration.

He keeps me safe everyday from injury & accidents. He watches over me day & night. He protects me from evil & helps me make good choices. He reminds me to stay watchful and take nothing for granted.

When satan is attacking me with spiritual lies, God is my shield, an ever present help in times of trouble. God is stronger than satan & nothing can harm me when I call upon the Lord.

Please pray for me as I take care of my husband. He is losing memory & falling offend.  I am doing my best, but sometimes it take a toll & my nerves get bad.  He is 70 & I am 69.  I can't sleep at night for checking on him to make sure he do not fall going to the restroom.  I now the Lord is able to heal him & I am praying everyday!  Thank you for listening & for your prayers!

Edited by Senior1
formatting

In what way is God your help? How does He help you? In what ways is He your keeper? How do you perceive that He guards and protects you? How is He your shade? How do you see that He shields you?

God is my help because His Word says so, and I know and believe , and this is my assurance. Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that He should lie, or a son of man, that He should change His mind. Has He said, and will He not do it? or has He spoken, and will He not fulfill?

God helps me because He is my provider and supplier in all things and in every situation. He supplies my every need according to His riches in Glory.

He is my keeper in all ways, and in everything. (1Samuel 2:9). He will keep the feet of His saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.

God guards and protects me because He say so and because I dwell in the secret place o0f the Most High, I shall abide under the shadow of the almighty. He shall cover me with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be my shield and buckler. And I know and I am sure that He is my shade upon His right hand. I do not have to see that He shields me because we walk by faith not by sight (2Corinthians 5:7).

Each day I ask God to protect me and my family from physical danger but also from sin. I know that there have been many times that I have been protected, and I attribute that to my Lord and Saviour! 
When I think of God as my Keeper I think of God as keeping me from straying away from the narrow road. From backsliding ! I may sometimes have a day where I realize I have not spent enough time in contact with God , and I rectify my attitude and actions the following day. I am able to do this because My Keeper gives me His Grace.

God is with me at all times. When I am up and when I am down.When I am faithul and when I am less than faithful.  God is so protective of me. He reminds me to look to him in all things. If there is trouble coming my way, His spirit warns me before hand. It is awesome to walk with Jesus. There is nothing to fear. Apostle Paul says to be out of the body is to be present with the Lord. What could be better than walking with Him all your life, and when He is ready to bring you Home to be with him He gently brings you into his Presence.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:26 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you? In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you?

He is with me and  when I have  a need, I can come to Him in prayer for help, for myself and others and He is faithful.  When I didn't know if I could stay in my apartment because of increased rent, and a higher price on my car lease He provided for me,  protected me numerous times while driving, has healed my body, has given me new strength for each day.   Upon awakening,  if maybe I was down, His Spirit brings to  my mind an old chorus that encourages me.  His Spirit keeps me from sin and sinning. My shade - sometimes when I am walking and seeing big stately trees, and the shade of them reminds me that He is my covering and my strength. He shields and protects me through His Word and because He loves me. 

On 7/18/2020 at 5:26 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you? In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you?

1 & 2: First and foremost, He picked me up from a slimy pit of sin and death and saved me from hell, bringing me out of death, to life in Him. He kept me from suicide unlike 2 of my brothers who just gave up, from the violence and rage in our childhood home. I think of the old hymn, "I need thee every hour".....and my song is "I need thee every minute, precious Lord". He kept me and both of our children from serious injury when my little car slid off the freeway during a blinding rainstorm and we rolled, ending upside  down,  unable to get out of the car, the children hanging upside down in their car seats. I was thrown around like a rag doll ending up on my back looking up at them. He sent people to get us out of the car and a police officer who "just happened by" going the opposite direction, took us to the nearest hospital. The children were unhurt, and the back injury I sustained was healed miraculously several months later as I watched the 700 club on T.V.  Ben Kinchlow was interviewing Demos Shakarian,  of the Full Gospel Businessmen when he suddenly turned to the camera and said "There's a lady watching who was injured in a car accident. It's your lower back. No it's in the back pelvic region, and just then I heard little clicking noises in that area, then pain stopped and I ran to the phone to tell them "That was me that God just healed!!!" I never had any more pain!

He helped me a number of years ago when I was being tormented with fear from Satan. I had driven to a quiet place out of the hustle and bustle with my Bible, to pray and to cry out to Him for relief and help. When I started to turn the car around to go back home, I noticed a 3 ft. long snake by the side of my car. Stunned that I hadn't seen it when I parked, I opened the door and saw that it was dead...belly up, as they say. As I stood there looking at it, puzzled that I hadn't seen it when I arrived, I heard Holy Spirit say" That's how much power Satan has...NONE. You are to stop being afraid and use the authority in Christ which you've been given, to rebuke him and to resist him and he WILL FLEE from you".  That fear is gone and His authority is truly effective!

He kept me safe when I was alone in a wilderness area during the winter when few people were out and about. There was only a short, narrow entrance/exit into the parking area, and I was parked facing the hills where I'd seen baby mountain lions and other beautiful animals. I was writing in my journal and heard in my spirit "GO NOW!" I put down my pen and started the car and followed the arrows circling to the narrow, short entrance/exit. As I started up the driveway a man in a black car was coming in and I glanced his way as we passed each other less than 2 feet apart. The hair on the back of my neck literally stood on end as I'd read sometimes happens to people. I was looking into the face of sheer evil, is the only way to describe him. As I sped away toward home, I said Lord! What did you just save me from????   I can only imagine what, miles from any homes or people. No Cell phone. Thankful that He taught me to obey without question years ago, or I may not be here today, since the man could easily have blocked the exit and it would be a different story!

He helps me when PTSD episodes are triggered from childhood trauma...He's always patient, kind, loving, soothing, rescuing, comforting, encouraging, and quick to lead me to the exact scripture I need to quiet the terror. He's my shade in that He is always going before me, coming behind me, above me, beneath me....and living in me. I'm always covered by His amazing love and protection. I will praise Him forever for choosing and calling me and making me His very own child. (Ephesians 1:4,5)

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121).

In what ways is God your Help?

How does He help you?

In what ways is He your Keeper?

How do you perceive that He guards and protects you?

How is He your Shade?

How do you see that He shields you? 

My Heavenly Father has been my Helper and Keeper throughout my life (mid 80 yo). He has helped me in business, my marriage (59 years), blessed me with sons (who all know the Lord), with wonderful grand-children, and even a great grand-son. He has helped with my decision making, He has guided me and my wife in our Christian walk, helped us grow spiritually, and most importantly we a have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. What blessings! Whatever the situation, our Lord will always find a way out - having created all things, there is no problem that is beyond His ability to solve. Besides, from Rom 8:28 we learn that God is always at work for the good of those who love Him. He alone is able to protect us, regardless of what lies ahead. God knows everything and He alone has all the power necessary to rescue us. He personally cares for us – He will not let our foot slip (v.3). The Holy Spirit directs and empowers us, His Word lights our path so we do not slip. He is vigilant and on call 24/7 – He who keeps you will not slumber (v.4). Besides being our constant Helper, He is our Creator and Sustainer. He is the source of our help, but we need to be in the habit of constantly seeking the Lord’s presence. This will make it easier in times of crisis to call upon Him.

The Lord is our Keeper, and promises that He will defend us, give us what we need, grow us into His likeness, and guard us from every evil. Without these promises, the world could seem dangerous and lonely. But we can face unknowns and difficult times with confidence, knowing that the Lord will keep us and help us. When it says that He is "your shade at your right hand," it means that He is alongside as a bodyguard to shield His own from harm day or night. God is sovereign. He is with us always - protecting, pointing the way, and teaching. He accompanies and leads, even in the small tasks that seem insignificant. Besides preserving us physically and spiritually, He restrains us from any wrong thoughts, harmful words, and inappropriate actions. His Holy Spirit gives warnings to keep us from evil, and He also provides guidance so we’ll grow in a godly direction. He has shielded me all my life from any ill or misfortune that could befall me. What a Heavenly Father. All Praise to Him!

On 7/19/2020 at 5:56 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you? In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields yo

This q Requires deep thought and prayer 

Esp to increase my faith and sensitiveness of God speaking to me through various ways 

Working on it

I may seem ungrateful for past and obvious mercies but some situations are life threatening and it's difficult to not turn to human assistance 

Yes 

Working on it

God is my help spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally.  He helps me spiritually in the area of growth: 1. where I used to read my Bible and not understand a thing, now with His help I am able to read and understand enough to feed and satisfy my inner person and still have some left over to share with others. I can also now apply what I would have understood from my reading sessions.  2. He helps me in my prayer life.  There are times when I really do not feel like praying, but know that I need to.  I just turn to Him and explain how I feel and how I really don't like feeling that way and He steps right in and next thing you know I am praying so easily. Physically He keeps me from sickness, from dangers both seen and unseen, from accidents. I have experienced God's help in situations when things should have gone badly but didn't because He was there.  Like when my family and I were returning from my son's wedding, which was like eight hours drive to where we all live - another town.  We were actually making the trip that time of the night because one of my sisters who doesn't live in this country had a scheduled flight for after three o'clock that morning, so we were going to take her to the airport, then continue on our way home - she was driving one of the cars.   We were in four cars.  I was the driver of the first car - it was not my car -  that ran off the road after running over a half dead animal lying across the road - it was pitch black with no street lights.  I was following the lead car.  By the time I realized that he had bumped up on something it was too late, I was already on it - the animal - I lost control  and ran off the road in what seemed to be long moments after trying to control the car.  There were five of us in that car. The car was damaged but we were unhurt except for one of my sisters-in-law whose little finger was hurt.  We parked that car and the five of us found seats in the other three.  As we continued on our journey another car which  my sister was the driving (she fell asleep at the wheel) side swiped a lamp post,  swerved and  headed across the road stopping on the edge of a trench. Yes I was in that car sitting on the very side that swiped the post.  The car again was damaged but not to the extent where we couldn't continue on in it.   Again, no one was hurt.  We were able to continue on our way.  The amazing thing is that when these accidents happened no other vehicle except ours was in the vicinity, or there might have been deadly collisions. I cannot remember how I came to be in one of the other two cars - my car this time (driven by one of my brothers).     We were on the last leg of our journey when suddenly both tires on the passenger side of the car blew out at the same time, and yes again, I was in that same car.  And as before, nothing happened to anyone, but by this time everyone was so traumatized.  My mom was crying, a couple of my brothers also were in tears, not knowing what to think or how to deal with what was going on.  That is when I became angry at what, to me, the enemy was trying to do and told everyone not to cry but to let us  praise  God with everything in us. Hallelujah! That is what we began to do. We stood on that highway and praise God.  Of course by then we had to call for help.  And would you believe that it didn't stop there? Help came and we started on the last lap to our homes.  I was now in one of my other brother's car when about five minutes or so after we got on our way, that car started trying to run off the road.  It was as if it had a mind of its own.  But my brother with the help of the LORD was able to control it and eventually we got home safely.  To God be the glory.  And so that night and early hours of the next morning I saw God  in operation as a helper and protector.  Most of us could have died but God.  He promised to not leave nor forsake us and He didn't.   I have had about two to three pints of hot water spilled on my thigh.  It stung terribly but left no blisters.  My God is awesome.  He keeps me safe all the time.  When I face emotional turmoil He is my peace.  When I am  mentally stressed, He helps in guarding my mind which keeps me at times from going berserk.  I find that the more I trust Him, the more He comes through for me.

In what ways is God your Help?

God is my help in all ways. 

How does he help you? 

He is one I can turn to when I am down & out and he comforts me.  Sometimes I get weak on this Christian journey.  When I feel like just giving in, he strengthens me.  I look to God for guidance. 

In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you?

He protects me from any hurt, harm or danger. He keeps my going out and coming in.  He will not allow the enemy to defeat me. I thank him each and every day for keeping his protective covering over me. 

How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you?

He will be by my side always to protect me

•  

Day 2 Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you?  My God Most High is my literal rock, and my fortress. When I'm distressed and under attack by my enemies, I feel comfortable turning to Yahweh, who is my Warrior God. He helps me by fighting my enemies for me and keeping them from hurting me. He helps me emotionally by reminding me that I am His special treasure, an anointed one, a loved one. My Heavenly Father lets me know that He is here for me. "Do not be discouraged. Your LORD Your God goes with you..." 

In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you? My God Yahweh keeps me by making sure that I receive his daily messages through His elect pastors. The messages are always full of hope, encouragement and loving care. It's my LORD my God remindin me that He is with me, near me and always watching over me. Sometimes I can see that He sends His angels to guard me because  I can actually see them guard me as I travel about on the roads. The angels are in the form of dragon flies and they fly in close proximity to me to make sure that I don't get into any accidents.  My God of Justice is my shade when I'm beaten down by my enemies. He cools my heated heart when I feel injured by my attackers. His provides a cool shade of shelter and sends me His peace which makes my anxieties cool down.

Just now I received loving words of support from Most High Yahweh, who writes: "People fail but God doesn't. The betray you but God won't. He is forever faithful and He won't leave you alone. People can forget about you and take you for granted, but not God. He is your Father and He will hold you in His arms for the rest of your life."

I am blessed to have such favor upon me. 

Meditation (Psalm 121). In what ways is God your Help? How does he help you? In what ways  is he your Keeper? How do you perceive that he guards and protects you? How is he your Shade? How do you see that he shields you?

1. There are times when I have asked from th depth of my heart a prayer that has been answered and sometimes I feel an overwhelming sense of peace about a situation. I just need to make it a habit so I can slip into that space with God and his peace that passeth all understanding.
  2. He has been my helper and keeper by protecting me from danger I did not know existed which would have cost me dearly. I don't know if I did anything to deserve that but He did anyway.
  3. 4&5 as above
  4. I will share my experience/s that still humbles and causes me much guilt at times when I foeget His mercy. In 1996 I had 2 children aged 2 and 6 at the time. My husband was working in Abu Dhabi and had a job that entailed his coming and going on a schedule. Because of the persistent harrassment of his mother who believed she was entitled to his finances at our cost and persistently caused probelsm in our marriage, I had insisted he take us to Abu Dhabi where we could work on our marriage. What I didn't know then was that he had carried drugs with him on the trip before we were to go with him. I learned years later it was not the first time and probably wouldn't have been the last. Had he not been caught then the small children and I would have also been party to his crime without any knowledge of it. He had become a drug addict in a big way and had either trivialised it when brought up or become physically  violent when asked to stop it. Because I Had no support I wanted to believe him when he for reasons of his own seemed to be turning over  a new leaf which I realise now had an underlying agenda 
  5. I look back at that fateful day on 9th March 1996 and thank God that he was watching over me and the small children saving us  from a really horrendous situation considering that we would never have known what it was all about and trusted the person who is meant to keep us safe.
  6. He still continues to challenge the law because he is adept at wiggling out of scrapes by playing the victim and projecting his behavior on others - oftentimes my door and ventilator has been tampered with and my house once broken into as a form of intimidation by his mother who encouraged and enabled him with drugs do long as he catered to her ostentatious lifestyle. These intimidations don't scare me but I worry for my children who are pawns in their insidious games. But I quote ps 91 and 121 and ask for forgiveness when I cannot believe enough even though he has been all of ps 121 to me. I am forever grateful and in awe ofwhat He has done but I need to step up the faith considerably. In 1996 I was just a fledgling in the Bible but I learned from my mother to pray. Besides we had a neighbour when I was little with whom my mother kept me when she went to work. This neighbour held our Lady's Novena in her home on a regular basis and her home was open to anyone who wanted to pray before her huge altar during morning and evening hours . This neighbour always prayed over me when I was little and I was sometimes impatient wanting to play instead. I believe my mother's prayers and this neighbours too has kept me safe and by proxy my children. Since 2000 I have been understanding God's word on an ongoing basis and it is where I go for shelter - I have to get to a space where my faith remains constant 
  8. I'm still a work in progress