JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Promises for the Future

On 4/25/2004 at 0:55 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (5:10-11) Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? Why?

I truly thought my suffering for a while was over some weeks ago, then my life changed again. The positive change and growth that occurred in my life on 2 July was quite remarkable. This was followed by 3 weeks of renewal. Two people that prayed with me that day (2 July) mentioned endurance and yes I need to endure once more. Peter talks of periods of struggle followed by periods of renewal and that has indeed been happening. What grieves me, is having thought I had broken through with a weakness of mine or of my wife, I find it is incomplete, which puzzles me. I guess we will always be incomplete in some way until the Lord returns.

When we have breakthroughs it seems the devil is there waiting to pounce and to peg back our renewed faith and confidence in God.

The Lord God is my strength, my peace, my comforter, my protector, my source of love. I follow Jesus. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/27/2008 at 1:27 AM, Tabatha said:

When I am Brokrn in spirit and feel totally alone God takes the hurt , the aloneness, feeling of rejection and begins to do a work as I come to Him, and He begins to repair me, so that I may be even better than before to carry out His work even more effectively.

When I feel I can't go on I know it is God who has called me unto Him self and He has no intention of abandoning me in the heat of the battle. In fact, during the battle, God " will Himself restore me and make me strong, firm and steadfast."

God has every intention of taking me from my despair to bringing me to the hope and joy of my salvation, But I need to be willing to go through the fire if that is where He's leading so that when He brings me through He will get the Glory and I will exit the trial even stronger.

To Him be the power for ever and ever Amen.

( John 14:27 ) ' Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid.

Because my family are moving to Texas and I will be alone. I live in California and am a widow living alone not in the best of health. I do have Jesus as my closet friend, I will still miss my family.

God bless you Tabatha. The Lord's peace be with you. I pray that new Christian family and friends come into your life in California. The Lord hears you and loves you dearly.

PS Hope this finds you Tabatha

Q4. (5:10-11) 
Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? 
Why?

Most meaningful to me is the fact that our God is the ‘God of all grace’. This lovely title of our God reminds me that His dealings with me are not based on what I deserve, but on His thoughts of love for me. He will Himself restore me, in other words make me perfect (KJV). I understand that He wants to restore and mend what sin has broken. That is to make me complete so that I may grow to become more and more like Jesus Christ. He truly is a God of Grace. Then there is the promise of eternal glory – the thought that I shall be with the Saviour and be like Him forever! Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. 

That God will restore us making us strong is most meaningful to me.  I need God to heal my body, mind and spirit so that I can take up the cross and be a true Christian. 

On 4/24/2004 at 10:55 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (5:10-11) Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? Why?

"The God of all grace" is a God who has shown us favor and forgiveness when we least deserved it, taking the punishment upon himself in Christ Jesus. This is meaningful to me because as I realize that as I travel this Christian walk, I am not perfect.  I am glad that he is a God of grace and will forgive me of my sins.  

God's invitation to me showing His hope and plan for me to live with eternal glory and eternal life.  In Christ:  Grateful that I came to the Lord, later in life, which in my case I believe I appreciate my faith more. Looking forward to the end of suffering, that it is not permanent. While I am waiting, God assists me in endurance.

Q4. (5:10-11) Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? Why?

1.After we suffer a while, he will make us perfect, stablish, strengthen, and settle us which is a guarantee. Honor and ruler will be God forever.

2. He is omnipotent always. Nobody can do what he can, therefore, I know he has me covered at all times.

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."

we must believe and understand about grace of God is our biggest Gift for us. Please to do the best for HIM everyday and praise-sing His Name all the time, glorious King of King. Because of His power promises us forever life.

Q4. (5:10-11)

Q. Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? Why?

A. Whatever painful experience I may be going through at the moment is for a while and not forever. This is reassuring to me as I now understand that the Lord God Almighty will restore and strengthen me in faith and bodily strength. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2004 at 9:55 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

The promises most meaningful to me right now are, the call for eternal glory in Christ; God himself will strengthen us in time of suffering. 

These two promises above are important to me right now because through faith Christ has suffered for me and stands before the Father as an ambassador for me, he strengthens me when the devil brings mental and physical troublesmy way. knowing he understands me helps me endure many trails and tribulations.   

• 6 years later...

Honestly, the most meaningful phrase in this verse to me, right now, is the promise that says that my suffering will eventually end. When I read this, I skipped over the promises of restoration, strengthening and security to focus on the words “a little while …”. 

It’s been 14 years.