JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Shining in a Dark Place

(2 Peter 1:19). In what ways do the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments act for you as "a light shining in a dark place"? I recognize it as authentic wisdom in very pure times.  I would not trade it for today’s monkey see/monkey do wisdom.

What does the darkness represent?  To me, it represents ignorance and unbelief,

What does the light represent?  Wisdom and belief

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (2 Peter 1:19). In what ways do the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments act for you as "a light shining in a dark place"? What does the darkness represent? What does the light represent?          

The scriptures (in the old and new testament) is for me Gods true Word, a lamp unto my feet, a light on my path.  Gods word in the old testament is the new testament concealed and in the new testament is the old testament revealed.  It is the truth.  Gods word is the light shining in my life, meaning, God guides me leads me and directs my path, helps me and gives me strength to walk the narrow path, Gods word disciplines me and rebukes me and thus helps me from the darkness of this worldly temptations.

Darkness represents evil, satan and all his ways and temptations.

Light is Jesus Christ, the Word of God.

• 1 year later...
On 7/9/2004 at 10:07 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (2 Peter 1:19). In what ways do the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments act for you as "a light shining in a dark place"? What does the darkness represent? What does the light represent?

The Old and New Testaments act as "a light shining in a dark place" because there are numerous questions of life, present and future, I would not understand if it were not for the scriptures.  The darkness represents ignorance of the true fact.  Whereas the light gives full understanding through the Spirit of God for my growth and development.

• 11 months later...

It shines as hope for me in the midst of my depression. It shines as a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path.  Darkness is evil and light is God's goodness. 

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q2. Shining in a Dark Place