JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Course Evaluation

Q5. Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity, what did you get out of this study? How would you evaluate the study? What can be improved?

First of all, Thank you Pastor Ralph Wilson for this wonderful study...

I really enjoyed the study and it was challenging to me as to where I stand when the practicality of my faith is concerned. James presented the matter pretty staight forward and didnot even attempt to sugar coat the bitter truth.. the message was pretty strong which made me percieve things in all together different manner..

I would evaluate this study as a very good one.

I would love to see maybe an objective type of questionaire attached to this..

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Book of James is a learning tool for all Christians. Dr Ralph, the commentary which you give on the various verses have been very informative. I found myself really re-evaluating a lot of things. I would recommend these studies for anyone that is striving to live for Christ. The lesson on Praying the Prayer of Faith was very interesting. We of course often say, "Without faith it is impossible to please God." The lesson takes on a new meaning about our relationship to our fellowman. Thanks

• 8 months later...
Q5. Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity, what did you get out of this study? How would you evaluate the study? What can be improved?

I was blessed to share in this study with others, to learn from them as well. This study has truly taught me about faith in action, taming the tongue, the perfect and royal law, and I found many questions were very deep which took much thought and time. I liked that. The study I felt brought me even closer to God. This study was put together well. I thought that some questions were simple when I first read them, but then I realized they required deep thought, which was great! I found the study all that it should be. I think each study has its own uniqueness. I would like to know if each reply is read over. Thank you Pastor Ralph for your time and effort God bless you. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

This is a great lesson - 6 out of 5, 11 out of 10! I, as a Christian woman, am always trying to find a balance between Mary and Martha. I always saw James as tending toward "doing", and the doing for Mary and Martha appeared "bad" or at least inferior. But the doing in James is really an act of faith, an expression of who we should be.

The only improvement, I'd like to see, is out of your control... I was hoping that the bullentin board would lead to more discussion on the lessons. But it seems that folks just like to post their responses.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I still wish there was a way to encourage more dialogue between participants in these studies. I appreciate the lessons and the questions sometimes make me think about the verses from a different perspective. But I miss having some interaction with others. Perhaps there could be a group of participants who are assigned to read and respond to participant’s questions or make comments on the postings in order to generate dialogue.

• 1 year later...

This study reinforced for me what it means to be a practical follower of Christ -- live out my faith in reality and not just keep in my head.  This study is an excellent comprehensible study of what it means to be a Christian. 

The study questions were challenging and thought-provoking.   They served as a great stimulus for self-evaluation.  Nothing needs to be improved.  This study served its purpose well.