JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Course Evaluation

I always glean a better understanding of scripture through all of your studies. James is great because he's direct - just the way I like it.

Keep up the great work as you bless many through your study. I don't see any way to improve what is already a great format.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God bless you for your teaching. I'm sorry that I missed responding to a lot of the lessons as I cannot get online every day. James is one of my favourite books and there are so many treasures in it. I cannot help but be continually blessed by the two passages on 'God's Wisdom'. I constantly live by them. So often my wisdom is just not adequate and I recogise the characteristics of 'peaceable, pure and easily entreated' are not part of it. My continual cry to my Father is "I need YOUR wisdom". I praise Him that He 'gives to all who ask for His wisdom, LIBERALLY'.

Q5. Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity,

what did you get out of this study? How would you evaluate the

study? What can be improved?

I have enojoyed doing this study. Reading others responses and learning from them as well.

I have learn how to use my faith in praying and coming against all temptations. How to get along with others no matter who they may be. I think this is probably one of my favorite books.

I am looking forward to starting philipians now. :rolleyes:

James was a great in depth study,it got to the meat of the matter.

It was a good study and I learned alot from it.

I am looking forward to the study in Phillipians a few weeks from now.

This study was an effective way to learn, understand and meditate on the Book of James. At the end of 8 weeks, I am convinced that to call myself a Christian I need to have active faith that gives rise of acts of kindness, love and generosity as Jesus Himself did when He walked on earth.

The study has also helped me to think through my

I found the study quite uplifting, just as I expected having studied thru Joyful Heart in the past.

I thank Dr Wilson for his fine insight into the scriptures and for starting this ministry.

I am blessed that I was led to join this forum a long time ago. I do not remember what led me to it,

but I do remember that I was happy that the internet could be put to such use.

James has always been a blessing and a challenge for me to read. This study was no different, calling on me to test my commitment to the Lord and my obedience to His word.

I have been led, I do believe, to grow in Christ Jesus and in faith and service to Him.

I can think of no improvements that I would like to suggest, only encouragement to keep the forum going and blessing the body of Christ. Patrick.

Q5. Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity, what did you get out of this study? How would you evaluate the study? What can be improved?

The book of James is so important to our walk as a Christian. We learn there about love, the tongue and many things we face day by day. It opened up a way for us to look at others thinking by reading the reply's and it also help us to know how to step out in faith and pray one for another. I am grateful for this study as I am for all the one that are taught here. I thank God and ask him to bless you for the work you are doing in his name.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My goal in doing this online study is to be able to know what each book of the bible is telling us. I can see that James does deal with practical Christianity by talking about the Royal Law, taming the tongue, dealing with the rich/poor and saying that faith without works is dead.

I thought the questions were very thought provoking and I am glad that we had some time between lessons to think about the answers.

I have no comments for improvement as it was better than I expected it to be. The layout was easy to follow and you explained passages so I could understand them. I am looking forward to Philippians. Thank you.

Ive read James a number times. It gets more practical and applicable everytime I read it. But through this study I got a ton of insights.

The Church in its first few decades went through most of what we believers go through, and James advice holds good for eternity.

Thanks a ton for the organizers and Pastor Ralph. May God Bless you and your ministry

• 3 weeks later...

PASTOR RALPH WILSON

YOUR WORK IS DONE

FOR NOW

NONE THE LESS PHILIPPIANS

IS AROUND THE CORNER

THERE ARE NO WORDS TO

SAY THANK YOU

MY LIFE HAS CHANGED

BECAUSE OF YOUR EFFORTS

TO BRING THE WORD OF GOD

TO ALL THE AUDIENCE IN THIS

FORUM.

I LIVE GRATEFULLY AND IN PRAYER

FOR YOUR WELL BEING

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU.

• 4 weeks later...

Pastor Ralph & friends in Christ, I couldn't think of one thing to improve on the Bible Studies provided here. I've been in the position of examining myself during this study and find I fall dreadfully short. I thank God that He has led me here, to study and to examine myself. No matter what the question or the answer from all of you, I've gotten something out of it. Each answer gives new insight, each question gives me a searching will. God bless each and everyone of you and may He enrich your life. Love in Christ, always. Kim E.

• 3 months later...

THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST BIBLE STUDIES I'VE EVER DONE. I'M FINALLY ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE BOOK OF JAMES AND NOW HAVE DEEPER INSIGHT AND WISDOM AS TO WHY HE SAYS TO DO OR NOT DO CERTAIN THINGS AS CHRISTIANS .IT'S A VERY PRACTICAL BOOK WITH LOTS OF NUGGETS OF WISDOM ON HOW TO TREAT OTHERS AND KEEP FAITH ALIVE WHILE PRAYING FOR THE SICK. HE COVERS MANY DIFFERENT TOPICS IN A PRACTICAL WAY..GOD BLESS YOU, PASTOR RALPH..THANK YOU VERY MUCH......

• 1 month later...

This was the first online Bible Study that I have ever done. I am so pleased that I did. I found the method and style of tecahing so helpful and the questions which came through each day thought provoking. I will definitely be doing another Study soon. I really gained a lot from studying the book of James in particular. I found it helpful trying to apply the Studies to my life, as one looking in a mirror.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been an awsome study, and i thank all the teachers for being obedient to the lord and sharing your gift to teach others.

THANK YOU PASTOR RALPH FOR SHARING YOUR GIFT TO TEACH OTHERS THE WORD OF GOD, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR RAISING UP MEN AND WOMEN TO TEACH YOUR WORD TO OTHER'S I THANK YOU FOR THEM AND ASK THAT YOU BLESS EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM, AMEN :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am a big fan of these bible studies which is why I take two at a time. I am always rewarded with a better understanding of the character and nature of God when I am through. This brings me closer to Him and makes me much more adept in my ministry.

The study of James has given me a greater sense of my responsibilty in the faith as a deacon and for that I thank you.

Please don't change a thing. Let the Holy Spirit continue it's work in you as is.

• 2 months later...
Q5. Now that you're finished with James: Practical Christianity, what did you get out of this study? How would you evaluate the study? What can be improved?

The Book of James has always been my favorite because of his bluntlness and boldness. James is "in your face" about living a practical Christian life. Because of this study, I have had to take a closer look at my life and my hangups and fears.

The lesson was great and I will be taking more!

Thanks alot Pastor Ralph and God bless you and your ministry

• 4 months later...

1) I received more knowledge about my walk with the Lord. I have always loved reading the Book of James. Your study really helps to open up one's own eyes and take a look at their ownself. Praying and believing that God answers prayers. Faith is the Key.

2) Book of James was an outstanding Bible Study.

3) I see no need for improvement except in "myself".

Thanks Dr. Ralph for allowing me to take a part in this Bible Study. It was very enlightening to me and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about James and his teaching.

• 1 month later...

The study of James has caused me to take a closer look at healing, and my role in praying for the sick. I am challenged to pursue this even more with the faith that if I follow James' instructions there will be great results.

Truly A Great Study!

• 2 months later...

James has proded my conscience with regard to various areas of my Christian life i.e. Do I have an active faith or just belief? Am I judgmental? Do I love my neighbor as myself? How do I handle or approach trials in my life? and so on. This study has caused me to reevaluate the kind of Christianity that I practice. It has inspired me to live a life of ministry like Jesus and the Apostles. This study has given me much inspiration and input for sermons and I have started a James study on Tuesday nights at my church and in my jail ministry.

This has been an excellent course. Truly inspirational and insightful regarding applying practical Christianity into my life.

• 5 months later...

I have loved this way of study because I would read one whole chapter almost every day for that week until the next study came along. That meant that I was able to go over things repeatedly and pray for God's help and guidance in various ways as new requests came up nearly every day. Also, scripture has stayed in my mind a lot more because of the way the course has been designed.

I have also taken a look at my walk with God and prayed for forgiveness where I have not been doing the things as commanded in the book of James. I have a mindset to do the practical things as well as have the faith.

Thank you so much for the way the course has been designed and for putting it acroos to us in the first place.