JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Shining as Stars

Q2. (2:14-15) How does ceasing complaining and arguing enable a church to shine as stars in a dark sky? What does this shining as stars signify? Have complaining and arguing compromised your church's witness as a God-place? If so, what can you do to change this?

In the Holy Trinity harmony has always existed.  Complaining and arguments contradicts the oneness of God.  When we unite it is like a world class orchestra, sweet music.  The dark sky represents the sin of this world followers of Christ signify shining stars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
On 4/15/2005 at 9:23 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (2:14-15) How does ceasing complaining and arguing enable a church to shine as stars in a dark sky? What does this shining as stars signify? Have complaining and arguing compromised your church's witness as a God-place? If so, what can you do to change this?

I feel when you complain and argue you let the devil in and once in everything is in disarray so if there is none Jesus can shine through us.

Shining as bright for all to see Jesus in us. If it happened you show the love of God.

• 5 years later...

I would think that shining like stars is a metaphor for standing out or against the backdrop, which in this case, is the culture and society in which the Philippians lived.

I am mostly silent in church. I rarely interact and leave as soon as the service has ended. My problem is a lack of interaction, not complaining and arguing.

I argue in print!

I'm so disillusioned with church, at this point, that asking me what I should do do change is moot.

• 2 months later...
  • Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q2. Shining as Stars