JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Relationship through Prayer

Q3. (4:7) How does make our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? What is God's part in the promise of peace?

Making our request known to God builds relationship with God as it draws us nearer to God as we trust Him to solve our problems.

As we trust Him by asking with thanksgiving, He too is happy that we have faith in Him and thus guard our hearts and mind with His peace. Of course He answers our prayers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (4:7) How does make our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? What is God's part in the promise of peace?

Making our request known to God builds relationship with God as it draws us nearer to God as we trust Him to solve our problems.

As we trust Him by asking with thanksgiving, He too is happy that we have faith in Him and thus guard our hearts and mind with His peace. Of course He answers our prayers.

Q3. (4:7) 

How does make our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? 

What is God's part in the promise of peace?

When we make our requests known to God, we are letting Him know that we are putting our trust in Him - in His power, love, promises, truth, and wisdom. 

We are telling Him that we acknowledge His sovereignty and that we know He is working everything together for His glory and our good.

To me the bottom line for all my decisions is trust and obey, and that dependence on God is central to an abundant life. 

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6). 

His wisdom is given to those who look to Him, lean on Him, and rely on Him. 

The more we depend on our Father for instruction, strength, hope, and guidance, the more abundantly He confers on us His divine wisdom.

Trusting Him with all our heart means giving Him control over our families, finances, jobs, and everything else. 

We tend to worry about anything and everything – pressures of daily life, and the uncertainty about the future. 

But this is a useless, and weak way to bear the burdens of life and especially of the future, ourselves, and alone.

The Christian answer is confident prayer, with thanksgiving, which results in “the peace of God which surpasses all understanding” that will guard our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 

It helps us to have peace even in the midst of a storm. When we let our request be known to God with thanksgiving, we are building a relationship of trust in the creator knowing that whatever you go through God will give you a way out. God's promise of peace is that He will give us peace beyond whatever we can imagine. It surpasses our understanding.

A relationship is never a one-way street, it is a two-way street.

How can we communicate with God by "asking","begging" and not listen?

No father will give his child everything he asks for, it always takes 2 people to discuss something or ask for favor.

If we don't listen to God's answer, we will never have peace of our mind because we will always doubt if God actually heard us.

God gives us peace of mind as soon as we connect with Him.

Peace in this world starts with each individual. If we don't have peace of mind, the world will not know peace either.

Peace can be achieved, definitely, if we start with our-self first and reach out to others and show them how they also can achieve peace.

It is such a treasure to have peace of mind. It is a free gift and God is waiting to give it to us freely. Just trust Him.

Shalom Saints by FAITH in Messiah Yahshua.

GREETINGS,

1. When we give thanksgiving before we pray,request, petition to Yah in the midst of an attitude of remembering Yah's faithfulness, love and power in past situations and thus an expectation of His answer in the situation builds more Faith. By asking having a conversation with Yah about our requests causes our relations to deepen because it builds more Faith and trust in Him when He answers our prayers.

2.When we pray with thanksgiving Yah's peace will guard our heart and mind. Because your Faith has been exercised in action that you have already received it as you did in the past.

Faith is not something you study but practice.

Shalom

FAITH

Shalom Saints by FAITH in Messiah Yahshua.

GREETINGS,

1. When we give thanksgiving before we pray,request, petition to Yah in the midst of an attitude of remembering Yah's faithfulness, love and power in past situations and thus an expectation of His answer in the situation builds more Faith. By asking having a conversation with Yah about our requests causes our relations to deepen because it builds more Faith and trust in Him when He answers our prayers.

2.When we pray with thanksgiving Yah's peace will guard our heart and mind. Because your Faith has been exercised in action that you have already received it as you did in the past.

Faith is not something you study but practice.

Shalom

FAITH

God has made Himself a gate and a door for us....ways of entry into Him....when we choose to go through the door or the gate by prayer we enter into God's presence....It is here we make known our requests to Him...This is sacred two way communication...a relationship between the Divine and us...a very real relationship. The more we practice doing this the closer our relationship becomes and we feel safe which instills Trust...it is important to know that sometimes God answers our prayers and requests in His timing and also by silence....Trust that both are for our highest good because He so loves us.

In John 14 Jesus declares "My peace I give You" He has already done His part now We must do ours and be instruments of that peace..

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? What is God's part in the promise of peace?

Making our request in prayer to God will build our relationship and trust in him because we trust God to bring a peace to us. This peace confirms God's assurance to us of our answer.

God's part in the promise of peace is that he will guard our hearts and minds confirming his answer to our prayers.

We have no qualms about asking our mom & dad for things--it's that type of relationship.  We can trust God to meet those needs--where sometimes our parents cannot.

God provides the peace.  We cannot produce it ourselves.  His peace transcends any problem or situation we find ourselves in.

Q3. (4:7) How does make our requests known to God help build a relationship 

and trust? What is God's part in the promise of peace?

1. God wants us to communicate with him by telling him what we need and how we feel. Then believe that he will answer.

2. When you pray with thanksgiving, God's peace will guard your heart and mind.

"Guard" and "keep" is the to provide security, guard, protect, keep", "a guard." God will provide security over your mind. His peace will banish your turmoil and worry.

Making our requests known to God, is because God wants us to ask him.  He is our Father.  God is not trying to raise bratty, self-indulgent kids, but those who have a trusting relationship with their Father. Sure, God knows, but he wants you to ask him, to tell him, to pour out your heart before him, to "present your requests to God."  .  God would like to engage us in a conversation with him and Conversations cause relationships to deepen.

When we pray with thanksgiving Gods peace will guard our heart and mind. He will provide security, guard and protect our hearts and minds.  His peace will banish all our turmoil and worry.  and this Gods peace is that which goes beyond our rational understanding and though processes. 

Imagine never worrying about anything! It seems like an impossibility; we all have worries on the job, in our homes, at school. But Paul’s advice is to turn our worries into prayers. To worry less we need to pray more. Whenever you start to worry, stop and pray.

God’s peace is different from the world’s peace. True peace is not found in positive thinking, in absence of conflict, or in good feelings. It comes from knowing that God is in control. Our citizenship in Christ’s Kingdom is sure, our destiny is set, and we can have victory over sin. Let God’s peace guard your heart against anxiety.

Q3. (4:7) How does making our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust? What is God's part in the promise of peace?

Relationship is a two way road.  Relationship is like a circle where you begin at the point where you end and it keeps going.  God knows the content of our hearts.  And through prayer to God we can make our requests known to Him by following His Prayer example: ACTES (Acknowledging Him; Confession of all wrongs we have done or did; Thanksgiving for what He has given us including our breath of lives;  and the E is for Ear to hear which where our relationship blossoms (we talk truthfully, He listens) and then He instructs us how to live our lives by reading, obeying, following, and be Christlike); and the Supplication where we humbly and whole heartedly ask Him for our needs physically and spiritually.

When we truthfully have a relationship with Him, then He can offer us peace even when our adversaries are winning, we can still have faith and hope that God has offered His Only Son in our place and He has won the battle for us.  He promised that it will be done and we have to have faith and believe that it will be done.

Q3. (4:7) How does make our requests known to God help build a relationship and trust?

Answer: When we pour out our hearts to God, we told him our fear, anxiety and this make us closer and deeper to God because He sees that by telling him and asking Him for help, God knows that we only depend on Him and that builds trust & relationship.

What is God's part in the promise of peace?

Answer: When we pray with thanksgiving, He promise that He will guard our heart and mind against anxiety.

• 9 months later...
On 5/6/2005 at 11:16 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Talking to God,telling him your worry's, anxiety's you start to build your trust in him,knowing he is alway's there.

If you trust and have faith in God, the promise of his peace is there with you. 

• 5 years later...

My needs are known to God before I speak them: my  most REAL needs are known to Him, that is, even before they are known to me. Giving my requests to God must be an act that primarily benefits me, not God.

It strengthens my faith to lay my requests before Him. When I look back in my prayer journals and see that after I had prayed for something God miraculously answered that prayer, my faith is strengthened. Also, I have prayed for many things which God has not yet answered. My strength is strengthened even in this scenario, because through prevailing prayer, my hope for change against a blackening backdrop persists within suffering.

It also clarifies my thinking to speak words of need to Him. I don’t know if it’s just my mind becoming less muddled, or if the Holy Spirit is clarifying my thoughts, but as I pray over months and years, these prayer slowly change in content, direction and intensity. God must be changing me through them.

There is peace as well as resignation. God gives peace. When I submit, I resign my desires. This is not really peace, but an acceptance of His will.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q3. Relationship through Prayer