JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Mind Control and Peace

Shalom to the Saints by Faith in Messiah.

GREETINGS,

1. It is important to take control of your mind. It is by this process you release the negativity in your mind.

Rom. 8:28 "And we know that all things work for good to them that love YAH to them who are called to His purposes."

All things even the bad, if you look for the good you will surely find it. Learning from the bad that happens in our lives gives us experience down the road to share with another so that they may grow through their trial.

I also like the Scripture verses

2Nd Cor.10:5,6 "Casting down imaginations (reasoning) and every high thing that exalted itself against the knowledge of Yah and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Messiah. And having in readiness to revenge (punish) all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

When we take control of our mind thoughts we revenge punish ALL disobedience. If we think on negative thoughts it gets us into trouble, we sin, either against ourselves or others. To revenge means to punish our negative thoughts by taking them captive to the obedience of Messiah.

We must remember every thought that enters our mind is not ours. The enemy has power over the air-waves. When it is negative it is not of Yahweh.

2.Yes when we take captive our negative thoughts and replace them with positive- think on right things, transform the mind on things of Yah we will have peace.

3. I take my thoughts captive. If you want to know who controls your mind, write out all the thoughts that come into your mind for one day, you will know who controls it. 99.9% will be negative. Satan.

Then you will know how important that command is in taking your thoughts captive. When you do, you will be at peace. So many are exhausted at the end of the day because they try and fight a physical battle when it is a spiritual one. The only one that gives you anxiety is Satan, anxiety is the strongman , kick him out. Focus on Philippines 4:8 think on the things of Yah. Read your Scripture, sing praises to His name and your life will be in complete peace, because your mind is stayed on Him.

4. It is working great for me because I choose to take every thought captive to the obedience of Messiah that's how I eliminate anxiety, stress, depression, etc. Past failures don't haunt me anymore because I kick the demons out and tell them to be gone in Yahushuas name. HalleluYah.

Shalom

FAITH

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind control is a discipline.  Otherwise, our feelings would gallop right over us.

It is not only useful in gaining mental & spiritual peace.  If Euodia & Syn. would have checked to see if what they were thinking or saying about each other was part of that list--it would change their attitudes, I think.

I like to focus on the Word, knowing God is in control & submitting to Him, and checking out from that list to see if my thoughts measure up!

Q4. (4:8) Why is mind control necessary for success? For mental and spiritual peace? What have you decided to focus on instead of your anxieties? How is this working for you?

Mind control is necessary for success because dwelling on problems will only cause anxiety and depression and will keep us from having hope and faith in God.

Mind control will help us from being mentally depressed and keep our spiritual peace.

The best method of mind control I have is to stay focused on Christ, whether through thought, prayer or song. Songs from a church service or listening to praise and worship on the radio.

This method stated above works well with me, keeps my mind and spirit free from worry, tempting situations and situations that may involve other peoples problems from burdening my mind and spirit. Pray, speak to the Lord Jesus to guard your mind, spirit and situation. Pray, sing, praise or worship, it works well with me.  

Q4. (4:8) Why is mind control necessary for success? For mental 

and spiritual peace? What have you decided to focus on instead 

of your anxieties? How is this working for you?

1. To avoid thoughts that are not right and that should not be on you mind. If you

let your mind go back to your worries, you'll lose.

2. When we control our mind we can have peace because there is not any anxiety, 

but less stress, more peace along with right, noble, lovely, pure, and praise worthy. 

That helps us to concentrate with a Godly mental and spiritual mind.

3. I have decided to focus on something positive and to turn away from those negative

thoughts which causes anxiety.

4. It works out find for me as long as I release the thoughts as soon as they come to 

my mind. 

Q4. (4:8) Why is mind control necessary for success? For mental 

and spiritual peace? What have you decided to focus on instead 

of your anxieties? How is this working for you?

1. To avoid thoughts that are not right and that should not be on you mind. If you

let your mind go back to your worries, you'll lose.

2. When we control our mind we can have peace because there is not any anxiety, 

but less stress, more peace along with right, noble, lovely, pure, and praise worthy. 

That helps us to concentrate with a Godly mental and spiritual mind.

3. I have decided to focus on something positive and to turn away from those negative

thoughts which causes anxiety.

4. It works out find for me as long as I release the thoughts as soon as they come to 

my mind. 

Q4. (4:8) Why is mind control necessary for success? For mental and spiritual peace? What have you decided to focus on instead of your anxieties? How is this working for you?

Learning to control your mind is essential to successful living. When you're in class you must exert your will to pay attention or you'll fail the class. When you're at work you must discipline yourself to tend to business or you'll get fired. When you see a curvaceous woman or a hunky man, you can appreciate their physical beauty, but you must control your mind so that you aren't imagining yourself having sex with them, or you'll be in bad trouble. The thought may be there, but you must choose not to dwell on it. Martin Luther is attributed with the advice: "You can't help it if a bird flies over your head, but don't let it make a nest in your hair."

You can't banish fear and anxiety by trying to block them out of your mind. You must choose something else to think about, something else to go to when your mind flits back to that fear and anxiety.

I have decided to set my mind on Jesus Chirst and the things of heaven, and the ones listed by Paul.  and these help me to keep my mind off the worries and anxieties and enjoy my relationship with Jesus. 

Gods presence is with us and thinking worthy thoughts by the word. Paul indicated he was about to conclude the section. Six items are mentioned as objects of a wholesome thought life, and each one is introduced with whatever. Which suggests that several things could be included under each heading.

True things are of course the opposite of dishonest and unreliable things.Noble refers to what is dignified and worthy of respect is used in the NT.Right refers to conformity to God's standards.Pure refers to what is wholesome, not mixed with moral impurity. Lovely occurring only here in the NT, speaks of what promotes peace rather than conflict. Admirable also used only to us relates to what is positive and constructive rather than negative and destructive.

These six objects of thought are then described as excellent and praiseworthy 

An English saying I heard last week, "Trash in, trash out". 

Dr. Ralph, I like the text you used as part of your lecture from this lesson and it explains what Paul is encouraging each of us Christians to do and to meditate on it.  Since Satan is not a human being where we can see him and fight the war; for he is a spiritual being who is very cunning and talented in fooling us Christians if we don't give God our soul and physical bodies to protect.

The text is: "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things." (4:8)

This is the essence of what our faith is all about.  By believing in God 100%, we allow Him to work in us in a way that even us don't get sometimes but yet we believe.  Trash in, trash out is a saying I heard last week during a presentation at the school where I work.  The instructor briefly explains that if we listen to all the junk things going on in the world like politics or bad music or just watch movies that don't talk about our Lord Jesus Christ, than when Satan comes and fool us, we will surely follow him. But when we read the word of God and faithfully pray to Him for protection and help, He will surely offers it. And this secures our salvation with our Lord Jesus Christ.

Q4. (4:8) Why is mind control necessary for success?

Answer:Because our mind is like the main computer of our body where signals and commands came from. Without proper control, our actions will not be pleasing to God.

For mental and spiritual peace?

Answer: Without mind control, we will not win our battle with negative feelings and spiritual peace as well.

What have you decided to focus on instead of your anxieties?

Answer: Positive and as much as possible Godly things.

How is this working for you?

Answer: By Gods grace...its great though sometimes there is still little struggle.

• 9 months later...

[

On 5/6/2005 at 11:17 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

If your mind wonder's to anything you miss what God is telling you. 

If you let your mind wonder your thought's torment you.

Bible Scriptures 

It works very well, it gives me peace, and calms me down.

• 5 years later...

There is nothing more important than controlling my mind. From my thoughts spring actions, not the other way around. When I control my thoughts, I am a better and deeper person.

In my case, I purposively set my mind on other things AT THE SAME TIME I beg Him to deal with certain thoughts, in my case, memories. God helps me help myself. 

I know people who try the substitutionary method, which is what Paul is trying to say in this passage, that is, substitute one set of thoughts for another, but I've never had success with this. Some people imbibe Christian music to keep thoughts at bay or to subliminally change the thoughts they have.  I don't find this helpful either. I need to concentrate on something absorbing, in my case writing or studying, in order to keep memories from becoming conscious. As I write, my mind is forced into a new direction. Reading, does this, too. 

Although it's impossible to keep the birds from flying overhead, as Pastor Ralph quotes Luther as saying, and, too, it is possible to keep them from nesting in my hair, I've also found that staying out of aviaries is a smart strategy to keep birds away. I have eliminated the aviaries from my life that caused my thoughts to sadden: television, news, music in the car, movies, novels, many old friends, most social events, anything that increases my possessions and even things as innocuous as sudoku. In a way, my life has become very small -- in a more real way, though, my life has quietly enlarged as God Himself fills the spaces left by these things and activities.