JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. (1:18) What is the result in prayer and faith if believers think that God is poverty-stricken? How does knowledge of a “glorious inheritance” motivate our lives? Our prayers? How can you pray for others to glimpse this inheritance?

If we believe God is poverty-stricken then faith will not operate in prayer. We will be talking words without the joyful expectation of answered prayer. To have knowledge of the “glorious inheritance” as Paul did not only motivates our lives with great expectations in hope but motivates our prayer lives so we pray that others may experience the same. God is limitless to what He can do in this world for us through the sacrifice of Jesus. Through Jesus we inherit the Kingdom of God and all that goes with it. I would pray as the Holy Spirit leads me for others along with praying that the eyes of their understanding and ears be open to His words and promises for who would come to Him and receive the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit to understand the revelation of it all.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The result in prayer and faith that if we think that God is poverty-stricken is that we won’t be praying to Him. We will always think that somebody else is going to beat us out of our inheritance. The knowledge of a “glorious inheritance” motivates my life because I know that if I keep the faith I will be going on to a better place.

• 5 months later...

A helpless person does not approach to seek/find help in other helpless person. If a believer thinks that God is poverty stricken he will stop praying, as he knows that he is not going to be helped as God has nothing to offer. The believer may stop worshipping and believing God. Praise God! We believe in a God who promised that He will supply every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Phil.4:19.

The knowledge of glorious inheritance makes one pray fervently that our faith and hope will not become cold. Our future inheritance is immensely valuable. We are going to be richly rewarded in Christ. We are going to reign with Him over all things. Above all we will be made to conform to the image of Christ.

We can pray for others too may come to the knowledge of Christ,open their hearts to Christ and find salvation,assurance of sins forgiven. They may be spiritually strengthened and become partakers in the inheritance God has prepared.

• 4 years later...

Knowledge of God the Father's provisions in Christ involves three aspects .1 believers' predestined hope 2. Believers' glorious inheritance 3. Believers' understanding of God's surprassingly great power, manifested in Christ.

The eyes of your heart may be enlightened of the gospel bringing understanding to fallen humanity. This has always been God's will and there is hope in His calling" 

The term "calling 1. Sinners are called by God through Christ to salvation 2. Sinners call on the name of the Lord to be saved 3. Believers are called on to live Christ-like lives 4. Believers are called to ministry tasks.

• 3 years later...

Q3. (1:18) What is the result in prayer and faith if believers think that God is poverty-stricken? How does knowledge of a "glorious inheritance" motivate our lives? Our prayers? How can you pray for others to glimpse this inheritance?

If we think God will not respond....we won't ask.  Scripture is clear: You do not have because you do not ask God." James 4:2b and in Matthew 7:7-11 Jesus tells us, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"  To ask and receive a GLORIOUS INHERITANCE--something we did not work to obtain--WOW!  I pray for others along the same lines as Paul, 'that the eyes of their heart might be enlightened.'  Especially including Ephesians 3:20, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us," hoping that they will open their eyes and watch God do more than they expect or think possible!