JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

If believers believe God is poverty stricken, there prayers are far and few in between,not having much of a prayer life or even faith in what God can do..But I tell you "God Is Not Poverty Stricken"."Jehovah Jireh",~God will provide~.God has so many blessings stored up in heaven,and when we open the door,it all comes tumbling down..God pours out His gloriuous inheritance,freely given to us as believers."The move of God".We are motivated as God gives each and everyone of us our gift,and by the Holy Spirit ,invested in us, we in turn go out into the world and use what has been given us(anointed gifts).How do we pray for them,we just pray for the Holy Spirit to work in their lives' and open their eyes to their glorious inheritance.Its all there for them to reach out and grab.Amen

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is satan and unbelieve that makes us doubt what God has in Plan for Us . If spend good time in studying God's word and come to know Christ better this will charge our life in This world.

My prayer is that all Peolpe of all Nations should open their eyes and mind for word of God to sing in us.

• 4 weeks later...

If we don not see Yahweh as Yahweh Jireh (Lord Provider) and cannot pray to Him as such, how can one possibly expect results? It would indeed be an empty and faithless prayer.

Clinging to our God's precious promises of a glorious inhertitance is a motivating factor in my faith. I mean, we should all strive to win this race that we're in and the crown that we are promised at the end is the goal.

Our prayers should reflect this, for ourselves and every believer. It's going to require wisdom, understanding and knowledge to attain the full measure of the person God requires us to be. We must pray that He equipts us all with such and, the strength and courage necessary to endure. Thus, as He replies, our vision of the glory awaiting becomes clearer.

• 8 months later...

:rolleyes: Yes, my christian hope has changed my way of living. When I get down its that hope of Christ coming again that lifts me back up and also the knowledge that God is in charge and nothing gets past his will.

The result of believers having only a meager hope is they live a mostly defeated christian life.

I would pray for hope to be borne in others that God would open their eyes and cause them to understand and trust in him through his word.

The result in prayer and faith if believers think God is poverty stricken is their prayer life will be very shallow if even it exists and they will have very weak faith.

The knowledge of a glorious inheritance motivates us to intercede for others,for strength for ourselves,a very strong prayer life and living our lives in strong faith and trust in our Saviour.

I can pray for others to glimpse the inheritance by asking God to open their eyes.

God owns it all, and we are the inheritors! When we grasp this truth, we are not afraid to ask for what we need in full faith!

Dear Father,

I pray that every one doing this Bible study, and those whose lives are touched by them, will have their eyes opened to see the glorious inheritance in the saints and our oh so generous and wealthy Father. May we be ever more prompted to pray in full faith for what we need!

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

Q3. (1:18) What is the result in prayer and faith if believers think that God is poverty-stricken?

If believers thought that God was poverty-stricken they too would live in a poverty-stricken condition and be satisfied.

How does knowledge of a "glorious inheritance" motivate our lives? Our prayers?

We are motivated knowing that our inheritance is filled with the presence of Our God. Yet again, He promise never to leave me, never to leave me alone.

How can you pray for others to glimpse this inheritance?

That the Holy Spirit of God would open their eyes and give them a glimpse of the glorious inheritance that awaits us.

• 5 months later...
Q3. (1:18) What is the result in prayer and faith if believers think that God is poverty-stricken? How does knowledge of a "glorious inheritance" motivate our lives? Our prayers? How can you pray for others to glimpse this inheritance?

If people think God is poverty stricken then there is no need to ask HIM for ANYthing. He will not supply our needs. There is no faith and no hope and will be no prayer. Why pray if God is not able to answer?

A glorious inheritance motivates our lives because we know and believe that God is a rewarder of those that diligently seek HIM, and HIS rewards are not cheap. HE will enable us to accomplish whatever HE has placed in our hearts to do. So do it! As we pray and see God work we will pray all the more and see even greater things. Again I pray that the eyes of their hearts be opened. God, YOU open their eyes and give them a vision of the things you have in store for your children.

• 3 months later...

Q3. (1:18) What is the result in prayer and faith if believers think that God is poverty-stricken? How does knowledge of a "glorious inheritance" motivate our lives? Our prayers? How can you pray for others to glimpse this inheritance?

Why pray to a poverty-stricken God. Where is the hope in that? What would be the point? The hope of a glorious inheritance motivates us to want to qualifty for the inheritance and to express our love, in the way we live, to the author of the inheritance. Our pray life should reflect both today and tomorrow as we are moving along in our journey on this planet, in this life.

We should pray that others in our lives would gain an appetite for a relationship with God above all else and for the glorious inheritance that God offers those that love and obey Him. For those that have a relationship with Him. God provides the glimpse to those that love Him.

• 6 months later...

It would be usless and fruitless, a waste of time praying when you don't believe that God has the power to answer your prayer. It should motivate us to live for Christ, becoming that new creation that scripture tells us we become when we are brought to faith in Christ. Living to bring other to a knowledge of Christ and God's great mercy. His

Grace pored out on us at the expence of His only Son. You can pray that the would recieve revelation from God's Holy Spirit and that Godwould open their spiritual eyes so that they can see His love for them and be called torepentance.

• 3 weeks later...

If believers think that God is poverty-stricken the results of prayer and faith will be void. If God is poverty stricken, what can He do for you? Praying would be a total waste. Knowlege of our glorious inheritance motivates us to draw close to God to prepare for that inheritance. It motivates our lives to live better and our prayers to be frequent, sincere, and pleasing to God.

We can pray for others to receive Christ and learn of their glorious inheritance. We can pray that God will work to win others through our living and our example.

• 1 month later...

We know that God owns everything. He made everything. He gave men the vision and know-how to make things and to make things happen. Everything comes from Him. So, if I told you that God has nothing, would you worship Him? No. Because we want God to possess all and we know that it is for us that He does what He does.

I know that there is a mansion in Heaven waiting for me. Now I don't know if this is a literal house, or if the Bible is speaking of my glorified body-it doesn't really matter to me! It will be wonderful, excellent, and marvelous, because I will be in God's presence! For me, it just doesn't get any better than that! If we really care about others, we can ask God to empart wisdom and knowledge to others so that they, too, can believe and receive this inheritance. How bad do we want to share? That is what it boils down to-how bad do we want to share? Or are we so greedy that we think that God only has so much and we don't want to give anyone what might be our share? Think about it for a minute!

• 4 weeks later...

Q3. (1:18) What is the result in prayer and faith if believers think that God is poverty-stricken?

We live a shriveled up existence and a poverty sticken prayer life. Kind of like the miserly man I read about who scrimped and saved existing on practically nothing, never going anywhere, living in a drafty, run down house, in ratty clothes....unaware that he was a millionaire and had inherited an enormous estate just waiting for him to access, because he couldn't read the notices he received.

How does knowledge of a "glorious inheritance" motivate our lives?

It motivates us to to live with glorious Hope in the future as well as in the "now" moment of each day. If I feel down about what's going on around me, it causes me to "Look Up", and remember that He is always with me now and has me covered, and that He's coming for His Bride soon to be with Him forever in Heaven. Come Lord Jesus!!!!

Our prayers?

For me it allows me to pray BIG prayers and it enlarges my faith to believe.

That God will open the eyes of their heart to be flooded with light so that they too can know and understand the hope to which He has called them and to His glorious inheritance in His set apart ones.

We, as mortal men, would not have the Christian hope that we have now, if we thought of God as 'poverty-stricken'. A poverty-stricken God is not something that I can even think about, consider the feeding of five thousand by Jesus, with but a few loaves and a couple of fishes - even with little, God has plenty for all. The promise of a 'glorious inheritance' motivates us to want to do good, to please God - this seems to be an easy one to get twisted around, if we think of this inheritance in the way we are conditioned to, that is the wealth accumulated by our parents or grandparents, rather than the spiritual inheritance that we can have in Christ. I would pray that others know this inheritance by examining the blessings that they have now, which are a small fore-taste of the blessings to come with eternal live at God's hand.

• 9 months later...

The bible says to ask in faith, believing, so if their attitude is that God is poor, they will not receive the abundance God has for them. This is why revelation of the word is so important because without it people flounder and become nominal christians.

We need to pray for Christ to be formed within them and for the Holy Spirit to bring revelation to them.

• 4 weeks later...

a) IF BELIEVERS THINK THAT GOD IS POVERTY STRICKEN IN STEAD OF WEALTH AND ABUNDANCE THEY WILL ONLY HAVE MEAGERNESS, LACK, POVERTY PAINS AND SUFFERINGS.

B) THIS GLORIOUS INHERITANCE IS ONE WE CAN INHERIT HERE AND NOW AND FOR THE FUTURE

THIS INHERITANCE IS IN THE SAINTS. WE HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INHERITANCE EVEN THOU

THE PERSON GIVING US THE INHERITANCE IS STILL ALIVE. IN THE NATURAL LIFE THE SOMEONE HAS TO DIE FOR US TO INHERIT, SO THIS IS A GREAT MOTIVATOR FOR US OUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT WE KNOWS THAT PROVISION HAS BEEN MADE FOR OUR PRAYERS TO BE ANSWERED

• 3 months later...

The promises of the Word of God do not profit us unless we believe them and receive them by faith, just as the revelations of Scripture have no value to us unless we respond to them in obedience to the Word of God.

The glorious inhertance motive me to keep studying, praying and live a life that pleasing in God's eye. Which means I must help the least of those, love one another even my enemies. I must pray for all people,the sick, homeless, leaders, ministers, elders, pastor and the like. Most of all for those who havenot given't their lives to Christ.

Abba Father please forgive those who think you are poverty stricken. Father open up their spiritual eyes and ears to seek , wisdom, knowledge and understanding on their inheritance.

Please father connect them to a church that can help them understand the promises of God; some dont understand because they haven't been taught. In your son Jesus Name Amen

Patricia

• 1 month later...

Why praying to somebody who can

• 2 weeks later...

If believers think that God is poverty stricken-- the result in prayer+faith would be a depressing lack of vision and a falling off of faith.

Knowledge of a glorious inheritance gives us a goal, enriches our fellowship on earth,gives us greater patience with others,gladdens the heart.

The vision is very powerful, we can pray that others will glimpse this inheritance in the love shown at meetings and in the day to day discourse with those we meet. That their hearts and minds may be fully opened to God's word.

• 5 months later...

Q3. (1:18)

What is the result in prayer and faith if believers think that God is poverty-stricken?

Our prayers?

I cannot imagine any true believer ever thinking that God is poverty-stricken. We know everything in the universe/s belong to Him

• 1 month later...

What is the result in prayer and faith if believers think that God is poverty-stricken? Why bother to pray and have faith then - after all God wont be able to help us. We will all be sucked into the world system because that is where we will go to get help.

How does knowledge of a "glorious inheritance" motivate our lives? Our prayers? We will be motivated to persevere even when we face difficult times because such times are only temporary. We become confident of who we are in the Kingdom of God and nothing should actually faze us. Our prayers will be filled with faith and confidence that God hears us and answer us.

How can you pray for others to glimpse this inheritance? We have to pray as Paul prayed that they will be filled with wisdom and understanding and they would know God.

• 4 weeks later...

Q3. (1:18) What is the result in prayer and faith if believers think that God is poverty-stricken? God rewards our faith, not our doubts and fears.

How does knowledge of a "glorious inheritance" motivate our lives? Our prayers? It inspires our attitudes - we are truly rich, even if we are dirt poor on earth. Plus, God is rich in every way. If we lack it is easy for Him to supply it. We don

• 1 month later...

Our faith in Him is very small and we only as for small amounts -- just enough to get by.

It reminds us that there is a large amount of resources available to us now and in the future. We can live as sons of the King in a sense not as paupers.

Our prayers?

If there is plenty available, then we are going to believe for more and ask for more.

We pray that the Holy Spirit would open their eyes of their heart and they would see the responsibilities and benefits.

• 8 months later...

The result in prayer and faith if believers think that God is poverty-stricken is isolation, suffering of rejection, and we live in pain and restrict ourselves of the “spiritual blessings” of God that is rightfully ours. We are living with an earthly view of Heaven instead of a Heavenly view.

Ephesians 1:3 – “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:”

Colossians 3:1-2 – “If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”

The knowledge of a “glorious inheritance” motivates our lives when because earthly inheritance cannot compare. This inheritance is “glorious and rich beyond all comparison.”

Our prayers?

When we realize that God has given us a “glorious inheritance” it should enrich our prayers knowing that God can bless us abundantly with overflowing blessings.

I can pray for others to glimpse this inheritance by asking the Lord to allow the Holy Spirit to open their eyes to the truth of His Word.

• 1 year later...

If God is poverty-stricken, the believer has no reason to pray. But since we know that he is wealthy, we can pray knowing that "great is our reward in heaven." He has a glorious inheritance for us to share with the saints. Unlike earthly wealth, this inheritance has no limits. All believers past, present, and future share the inheritance of the saints. I am still learning to appreciate this inheritance and pray that others who continue to live in the dark would see this glorious inheritance through my life and long to receive it and walk in it. "I want to be in the light as you are in the light. I want to shine like the stars in the heavens. Let the Lord be my light and be my salvation. All I want to be is in the light. All I want to be is in the light." ("I Wanna Be in the Light", DC Talk)