JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Incomparably Great Power in Believers

A true believer in Christ is equipped with power. It came with the spirit of grace who came into our heart, when we received Lord Jeus Christ as our personal saviour. He gives us the spirit of love,grace and power that works in us. The same power raised Christ from the dead and seated him on the right hand of God. As a child of God that power is part of our inheritance. Apart from the power of almighty God,we are weak and helpless. The scripture tells us that the spirit of God,the power of God lives within us and constantly,consistently working to help us who trust in him and helps us to grow spiritually. The power of the Holy Spirit when working in us and through us, our lives are transformed and we grow in faith.

We increase in faith by drawing closer to God. Spending time in prayer and meditating God's word, keeping in communion with God, having fellowship with God's people. Acts 2:42

I pray that the power of the Holy Spirit may work in others and the eyes blinded by the desires of the world and **** of the flesh be opened towards the saviour Lord Jesus Christ , who alone can fill them with joy and peace.

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To us who believe God has chosen to allow we humans to participate conditional covenant, thus own spiritual salvation and pilgrimage. Christians must repent and believe.. The gospel is universal and is invited to all who will call on the name of the Lord.

The working of the strength of His might has may be another allusion to which indicates God's power. The term dunamis) is for power. It focus on salvation which is God's powerful actions through Christ, not individual human actions or intellectual concepts.

Three phrases describe what God the Father's tremendous, mighty power has done for Jesus. 1. It "raised Him from the dead" This was the sign of His accepted sacrifice. 2. Jesus "seated Him on His right hand of God. This was the place of exaltation and preeminence. This represented Christ's ongoing intercessory ministry and was fulfilled. 3. This made Him supreme Head of the church. This use of the term church refers to the unique new people of God, which includes all of us who believe, both Jews and Gentiles

There are things that the Father has done for Christ. Christ has these things for us for His followers

• 3 years later...

Q4. (1:18) Why is a revelation of "his incomparably great power for us who believe" essential to a vital faith? How do you develop this faith in yourself? How do you pray for it for others?

Jesus told us at the end of His life that He needed to go because the Father would send His Spirit. WOW!  What a gift to us!!! That power!  Wow!!  John 16:7, "But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."  Paul reminded us about power, too, in Romans 1: For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes"  Once the Spirit lives in us, he guides us into all truth (John 16:13). Truth is that the Spirit of GOD is BIG, really BIG, really powerful, and as we walk with Him, he reveals His power.  For others again, I pray that the eyes of their heart may be enlightened, and I share stories from my own life as the Spirit prompts me to share them to build another's faith.