JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Remembering

MY FAITH IN CHRIST AS GOD AND SAVIOUR IS BASED ON HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION . SO TO ME, TO FORGET HIS DEATH IS TO PUT CHRISTIANITY ASIDE AND LIVE BY MY OWN AGENDA.WE NEED TO REMEMBER HIS DEATH AND THE SUFFERINGS HE ENDURED ON THE CROSS OR ELSE WE END UP HAVING A RELIGION WITH NO HOPE, JUST DOING DEAD WORKS WITHOUT A LIVING, MOMENT BY MOMENT RELATIONSHIP WITH A LOVING FATHER.WHEN WE FORGET HIS DEATH, WE FORGET THE CROSS, WE FORGET THE BLOOD SHED ON THE CROSS FOR FORGIVENESS OF SINS,WE FORGET HIM AND IT'S ALL ABOUT US.WE NEED TO MEDITATE ON HIS GREAT LOVE AND MERCY SHOWN TOWARD US ON THE CROSS.GOD BLESS......

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is our remembrance of Christ's death so important?

Christ's death is the crux of Christianity. Without His death we could not have a relationship with God the Father. In remembering His death we are reminded of God's love for us when we were yet sinners.

What happens to Christianity if we neglect remembering in this way?

It becomes a religion practiced instead of a relationship lived.

What happens to us personally when we forget Christ's death?

We become full of wasted knowledge and useless wisdom wide open to the deceitful schemes of the enemy. "I" becomes the central theme of our lives and we are no better off than when we were unsaved

Q3. Why is our remembrance of Christ's death so important? What happens to Christianity if we neglect remembering in this way? What happens to us personally when we forget Christ's death?

Our remembrance of his death is important because that and His resurrection are our source of salvation.

If we neglect remembering in this way, then Christianity is no longer "living." It is dead religion.

Personally, if we forget His death, we become spiritually dead.

In the face of poliferation of false religons (Islahm at 1.3 billion adherants now surpasses Roman Catholicism at 1.2 billion. Hinduism= 900 million; Buddhism= 376 million www.adherents.com) it is helpful to view the metatheme of the whole body of scripture which is, I believe, an apologetic for God over against all the false religons man has conceived throughout time. Against the pegan concept of humanity being the biproduct of some heavenly war between gods, He tells us in his Word that we are intentional. He made us for relationship with himself and made all of creation for our comfort and benefit (originally). He shows us though his Word's sacrifice the depth and degree of the relationship he offers us. As Christians the significance of this should be ever before us. We remember because he commands us to. His command is grace.

We have to remeber if not we are quick to forget.His death is the crowning point of my belief. If we neglect remembering in this way it will be veryeasy for us to walk away from our religion. Sharing in the Lord's Supper brings us back to community and the realization of whatChristianity or our religion is about.. When we forget Christ's death we lose a vital part of our own exitence ~ love fadesand evil will invade our minds. The Lord's supper is sharing, Communion and love.r

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. Why is our remembrance of Christ's death so important? What happens to Christianity if we neglect remembering in this way? What happens to us personally when we forget Christ's death?

Our remembrance of Christ's death is important for a number of reasons. Firstly, it's a response and observance of Christ's command to do it as a remembrance of him. If one's life is centered on Christ therefore, one would wish to do it in obedience to him. Secondly, remembrance of Christ's death brings into focus the sacrifice made by Christ of his own life for the sins of all people; and a clear indication of his love and caring. Thirdly, remembrance reminds us to watch and pray and prepare for Christ's second coming.

If we neglect remembering in this way then there is no hope for the salvation and redemption of the world of christianity, for it is through Christ's death as a sacrifice; and his promise of returning that those who follow him are justified in their faith.

When we forget Christ's death personally, the Holy Spirit will in time depart from us. And since there cannot be a void, then the spirit of satan will take its place and we will become agents of the devil rather than of Christ.

Remembering Christ's death is important because he died to pay the price we owed no that he owed

It was done in love for us as his adopedhildren and is we neglect remembering his death done on

our behalf it is like not being thankfull as if you slapped someone who saved youfrom death in a

n accident or a doctor who saved your life in surgery in the face . only this God who saved you

with the death of his son did it for free and out of love of you.... personalized to each person on

earth who will accept him and his attoning for their sins.

Our remembrance of Christ's death is so important because we must never forget, nor take for granted, the fact that His blood was poured out for the forgiveness of sin.

What happens to Christianity if we neglect remembering this way is that it becomes just another religion.

If we personally forget Christ's death, eventually are Christian walk will become stagnant. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

It is extremely important that we remember Christ's death, not for what he did for himself but for what he did for mankind. If we do not remember in this way Chrisitianity will not continue and would be forgotten. I think the big reason is that we will nopt be saved and would be drawn down the wrong path by the wrong people.

• 2 months later...

Christ's death is the core foundation of christianity, the fact that He loved every single person on this planet enough to die for them is mind blowing! I think christianity might die out and new age religions become more prominent, if the real meaning of Christ's death were to be neglected.

I certainly couldn't call myself a proper christian if I forgot Christ's death!!

Christ went through the most excruciating death imaginable for me so how can I possibly forget it. He left me His body to eat and His blood to drink to give me life and have it to the full. Therefore it is most important to remember the'' One'' who gave His life for me and hopefully I can give my life to him in return.

Christ's death is the core foundation of Christianity, the fact that He loved every single person on this planet enough to die for them is in my opinion mind blowing!!

I think Christianity would lose it's true meaning If we neglected to remember Christ's death and possibly run the risk of becoming a small nondescript religion.

I don't think we could call ourselves proper Christians if we forgot Christ's death. Jesus specifically commanded us to remember His atoning death for our sins. After all He did for us, the least we could do for Him is to remember. Crucifixion was the most horrendous death ever to be endured, the suffering that our Lord went through was best depicted in Mel Gibson's The Passion Of The Christ. The role of Christ was superbly played by Jim Caviezel in the most real way possible. I think we would do well to meditate on our Lord's sufferings by seeing this film and committing to memory Christs's passion, death and resurrection.

• 1 month later...

It is important because we could not have been redeemed to God any other way. It was only through Christ's death that we have been saved, made righteous. Became God's sons and daughters again. It was only the Lamb of God that could do that. No other sacrifice had that kind of power.

I think we would be lost if we did not remember what Christ did for us on the Cross. I think our belief system would be deminished to what all the other religions that believe in God and not Christ are. It would be a sin not to do this, as it was commanded that we do it in rememberance of Jesus.

Personally, I think it leaves us incomplete. A feeling of disobedience and sinfulness. I say this because I was in a church that was not doing this. It was a fairly new church with not much money. I would go to another church to take communion because I just had to follow this command of Christ. I stayed on this new church and finally they started giving communion.

• 4 months later...

Q3. Why is our remembrance of Christ's death so important?

Our rememberance of Christ's death is important because first of all Jesus commanded that we should and we remember His atoning death for our sins.

If we neglect remembering in this way Christianity would become like any other religion.

We forget that it was His death on the cross that brought the atonment for our sins and we'd be seeking ways to present an adequate sacrifice to atone for our sins.

• 3 months later...

Remembering Christ's death is important so that we do not forget or take lightly what Jesus did on the cross for us. If we neglect remembering Jesus' death in this way we will lose focus on the most important part of Christianity and that is the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ for the atonement of our sin.

The danger of forgetting Christ's death on the cross is to trivialize everything that God did for us through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ.

• 5 months later...

Q3. Why is our remembrance of Christ's death so important?

To remember the sacrifice that Christ made for us.

Future generations would not have the remembrance and it would soon be forgotten.

Jesus told us to

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
The prospect of dying becomes acceptable. If we know, understand and remember the sacrificial death of Jesus and the events that follow - the RESURRECTION and the ASCEND OF JESUS TO HEAVEN - the, we cling to the promise of eternal life after death. Death is not the end but part of a "time line "continuum" of life's journey" - life on earth - death (separation of physical body from the spirit) - heaven or hades (the intermediate state) - then, on to eternal life or etenal damnation ( the New Heaven/Earth or Eternal Place of Punishment). Because of our strong faith, we believe that dying is necessary for us to go to the end phase of our life. Jesus made this covenant with us in His last meal with His disciples.

• 7 months later...

The remembrance of Christ death is important because he died for our sins. If we neglect the remembrance, we lose site of who Christ was and who he is. Personally, we lose our relationship with Christ.

• 1 year later...

Why is our remembrance of Christ's death so important? We must remember why God sent His only Son to us and the sacrifice that He made for us. He came into this world in order that He can show love to us and died for our sins. By believing in Him, we will experience eternal life with Him. In John 14:2, Jesus tells us "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you."

What happens to Christianity if we neglect remembering in this way? We would forget why He really came and when He returned, we would be left behind.

What happens to us personally when we forget Christ's death? We would be wandering without purpose. It would be lonely because we would be separated from God. For me, it would be impossible to forgot our Lord and Saviour and everything He did for me.

• 1 month later...

Christ's death was the act of love that atoned for for our sins - without this event taking occurring there would be no possible way for us to be delivered from sin or the consequence of sin which is eternity in the Lake of Fire - tormented and eternally separated from God. . .

Should we neglect remembering this event there is a very strong possibility that we would forsake Christ which in-turn would result in us becoming apostate having no sacrifice for our sins. . .

Personally - we would find ourselves drifting away from Christ back into a lifestyle or practice based on the customs, traditions and ways of the world. . .

B)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Q3.

Why is our remembrance of Christ's death so important?

This reminds us that He died for our sins, and soon He will be coming again. How He suffered for me, not only strengthens my faith but makes me eternally grateful for His love and mercy shown towards a sinner like me.

The resurrection and Ascension of Christ is absolutely pivotal to the Christian faith and by not remembering it we can forget about its importance.

It will be so easy to backslide and not appreciate the magnitude of what Jesus did for us on the Cross.