JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

God's purpose for our lives is to give him praise. We fulfill that by how we live our lives. If we have Jesus in us we let our light shine so men can see it. We dont have to carry the biggest Bible we can find or go around singing we are christians. Let men see it in how you glorify the the Father in how you live. This relates to Matthew 5:13-16 because it tells you to let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven. Praise the Lord.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Ephesians 1:11-12) According to verses 11 and 12, what is God's purpose for our lives? What do we need to do to fulfill this purpose? How does this purpose relate to Matthew 5:13-16?

God's original plan for man was that he fellowship with and praise God. Wouldn't that be an awesome day...to walk with God, to hear his voice as He spoke to us, to feel His presence? Why did SOMEone have to mess that up??? It's too bad God had to send man out of His physical presence...but it's still our purpose to worship and praise Him and give Him the glory that is due Him.

We do this by living the life Christ taught us and by loving our neighbors as ourselves. If we love our neighbor who doesn't know Christ, it's glory to God when we share His Son with them.

The Matthew passage encourages us to stand out as something different, something set apart for God's work, something available at all times to make a difference in someone else's life! Salt and light...two things we can't live without.

God bless

I beleave we were predestine to be conformed to the image of JESUS CHRIST. And looking at the life and the works of CHRIST you see that he always glorified his father. And our life and are works should follow his exzample.

We should advance IN the knowledge and the wisdom of god ,and our relationship should grow so that we

become a living epistle read and known of all man.

Q3. (Ephesians 1:11-12) According to verses 11 and 12, what is God's purpose for our lives? What do we need to do to fulfill this purpose? How does this purpose relate to Matthew 5:13-16?

God's purpose for our lives is to praise Him, living a life that gives God praise. Our life should always be a praise to God in whatever we do. That when people see us, they see God, we are letting God shine out of us, then they will praise and glorify God.

• 3 weeks later...

When salvation is complete, the end of time will come. When Christ has defeated all evil on the earth. The Holy Spirits seal upon us shows that God has already purchased us. The Holy Spirit is God's guarantee to us the He will do what He has promised. The Holy Spirit is a down payment, a deposit, a validating signature on the contract. The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives is our assurance of eternal life with all it's blessings. His power at work in us now is transforming our lives; and is a taste fo the total change we will experience in eternity.

• 2 weeks later...

1. That we might be for His praise and glory.

2. Phil. 1:27 Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. This is the best guideline for us.

3. In Matthew 5;13-16 we noticed the metaphors which Christians need to be compared with. The point of similarity are the characters which we all need to imbibe in our life.

• 2 weeks later...

We were created in God's image to worship and praise Him. He loved us first. This is accomplished by loving Him and giving Him priority of all we do and say. We are to be obedient to His will, it is about doing what He desire above all else. Since we were created in His image, all that we do represents Him, so in all that we do, we do in honor of Him. Then we are to lights of His goodness to the world. A light shines for all around to see.

• 3 weeks later...

Pupose of our lives is to Glorify God`s name....

To fulfill the purpose we should do according to the Gods will and following exactly what he wanted to do....

In Mathew it says that our lifes should be the like Salt and Light.... We should be the useful thing for others...

Our purpose is to praise God. To do this, we must let our light shine - live a life that glorifies God. As a light of the world (Matthew 5:13-16) others see our light, our life and give glory to God. As we praise God and live for Him, it reflects in our lives and around us, reflecting on others also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:P God's purpose for our lives is to the praise of His glory. In order to fulfill the purpose that God has for us, we must let His glory be seen in us, His greatness. This is the samething that Matthew 5:13-16 is saying, where we are told to let our light shine before men, that they may see our good works and they will give glory to God, pur Father in heaven

God's purpose for our lives is to praise him. We must recognise that God created us and saved us in many situations becuse he wants that we reflect his face in front and among others like the light in darkness. Matthew says the same thing - we are predestined to be salt and light so that people can see the glory of our God.

According to verses 11 and 12, what is God's purpose for our lives? What do we need to do to fulfill this purpose? How does this purpose relate to Matthew 5: 13-16?

We are here for the praise of His glory. I can think of no higher calling. If we are doing our job as believers we will be the salt of the earth. For some that is one thing and for others it is something else. Some suffer and some don't. We are to be concerned that each of us is doing His will. We are not perfect and we need to be forgiving of each other even as Christ out of His great mercy has forgiven us.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

:D According to God's word He established me here on Earth for His Glory. I am to be salt and light to those around me so that they may praise God our Father. In order to fulfill is purpose and plan for His Glory, I must remain in Him. He the vine and I can do nothing for Him without Him. Stay in His word, pray, do His will, and love those around me. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

• 1 month later...

live out the life that was freely given to us at the greatest cost.i think keith green sang it best when he sang" i know my life would surely slip away except for grace, by which i stand. i believe it is impossible to fulfill anything without his grace.and we must remember this continually.

• 4 months later...

Our purpose is to be for His glory and to bring Him praise. Just our creation shows His glory, but we were created to also commune with Him and praise Him; to do His will and walk in His path. This is a form of our praise showing our admiration, but it is also a way to lead others to praise.

In order to show praise we must do three main things:

First, we must believe in Him. In order to trust Him, we must first believe He is who He says He is and that He is trustworthy.

Second, we must trust in Him. In order to follow Him and reflect His light, we must trust Him to love and care for us; to lead us in "the paths of righteousness". We must trust Him enough to give Him our lives.

Third, we must follow Him, follow His lead and guiding light, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. To be a reflection of Him to others, we must be followers. We must reflect our admiration, trust and belief in Him. By mirroring Him and His goodness, we will bring Him praise from others and will bring new believers to also become His praise.

In Matthew we are told we are either salt or useless. We are to be a light to the world, a reflection of Him which must be shown. Our light must radiate out to all or it is useless. We cannot hide who we are, we are His and must praise Him to proclaim Him and His creation and love, we do this by being reflection of Him as Paul speaks of in Ephesians.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

God's purpose for our lives is that we give Him all the glory. In every day, work, home , church, school, whereever it may be, sitting in the dr's office, we are to praise Him , to glorify Him, to lift Him high above all our trivial worries and petty squabbles. It is important that we understand that He is in control, and we are here just a short time and we need to make the most of it through Him, not through our own desires. To fulfill this purpose we need to be drenched in His word, encompassed with everything of Him, whether it be listening to praise music, watching tv shows focusing on Him, reading books mostly the Bible, studies like these. Finding Him in every moment.

Matthew 5: 13-14 helps me to understand that I am important in this life, what I do and say can and will probably have some sort of effect on someone, good or bad. So I need to stay on track, be careful of the words that come out of my mouth or the actions that I display because someone is always watching . If I lose sight of God, I will most definitely stumble and fail Him.

That we will grow and mature as Christians and be able to take our position as true sons and daughters of God for Him to delight in, to be blameless before Him. We need to walk in the Spirit and have a humble heart so that God can do His purifying work in us. When we seek God and learn more from His Word and take it to heart, we allow God to speak through us. As well as in our relationships to others which God uses to form us and build each other up. God's greatest command; Love God with all your mind, heart and strength and love your neighbour as yourself is what will get us there. In order to love God and eachother we must truly know ourselves loved by Him.

It relates to Matt. 5:13-14 in such a way that others can see that we are not of this society but that we stand above that through the grace of God. The more we mature in Him the more people will see the difference. We do not have to try to act as Christians, but we must be, as natural as salt is and as light can not hide itself because it is just there. So we must grow in character, that without trying to act religious we will spread a natural pleasing aroma that can be attractive to others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

According to verses 11 and 12, what is God's purpose for our lives? What do we need to do to fulfill this purpose? How does this purpose relate to Matthew 5:13-16?

The purpose of our lives is to bring praise and glory to God; To reflect Him and His character; obey His Word. Our purpose is to be salt and light. The warning is that once you loose your saltiness and your light grows dim (or goes out)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Eph 1:11 In Him we also were made [God

• 2 weeks later...

God's purpose for our lives is to praise him. In the words of John Stott:

'To live to the praise of the glory of his grace is both to worship him ourselves by our words and deeds as the gracious God he is, and to cause others to see and to praise him too!'

Wow! What a calling! I am really excited about this purpose and calling that has been placed on my life - here I am wholly available!

In everything we do we are called to be the light in the darkness, the mirror of God's glory. No matter how we feel, the burdens that are upon us, we are to praise God in ALL situations!

This relates closely to Matt 5:13-116 where we are called to be the light of the world. We can only be God's light in the world if we are in Christ and praising Him

• 1 month later...

God's purpose for our lives is that we might be the "praise of his glory" for all eternity. God loves me and has saved me from many things. I can truly say this. There is a purpose for my life...I don't see it now but I know it on faith. To fulfill this purpose I must live as a child of God, do all because I love him and believe even in the most difficult circumstances of my life that He Loves Me.

Matt. 5:13-16 tells me that "I am the salt of the earth." I must live according to Gods plan. Don't loose this love for God. The world today wants to pull me away from this in every way but I must keep my eyes fixed on Christ and follow him. "I am the light of the world", I must let my light shine out, not by preaching, but by the way I act, by what I do everything must reflect that I belong to God not to the world and the devil. :rolleyes: