JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

4a)Without strong footgear we slip up,caught off guard, are exposed to the enemy, &our lives don’t show Christ’s love & peace.

B)It means we don’t miss out on opportunities when in conversation with people about their lives,where we perhaps could have shared the Gospel in words &actions.

C)It increases the number of saints to oppose power of darkness.

4a)Without strong footgear we slip up,caught off guard, are exposed to the enemy, &our lives don’t show Christ’s love & peace.

B)It means we don’t miss out on opportunities when in conversation with people about their lives,where we perhaps could have shared the Gospel in words &actions.

• 1 year later...

The characteristic of a person who didn’t have his feet ready to run with the Gospel is one that is not studying the Gospel. If we are to run with the Gospel we must be prepared by studying it daily. If we believe in what the Gospel says then we will want others to be able to understand it so that they can have eternal life.

This helps defeat the dominion of darkness because we are shining the light of the Gospel around in the dark corners of a person soul.

• 1 year later...

Q4. (Ephesians 6:15) What would be the characteristic of a person who didn't have his feet ready to run with the Gospel? How does heart preparation make you more ready to share the Good News with those around you? How does this help defeat the dominion of darkness?

A characteristic of a person who didn't have his feet ready to run with the gospel, is a person who is not well versed in the word of God, he is unable to defend the gospel or explain Gods redemption for non believers.

Good heart preparation makes us ready to share the gospel at any opportunity. Keeping ourselves in holy life and filled with Spirit are excellent preparations.

Being of good character, keeping our feet shod with good news and being prepared to defeat the dominions of darkness  is our responsibility for God's love for us and His ultimate sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins.   

• 1 year later...

I find that my mind keeps thinking about the stagnant Christians with this question. To me, these are the Sunday worshippers. They do not burn with the passion of the Holy Spirit in their hearts and souls. They seem to be the ones that do not have real faith. They keep God in the closet from their everyday activity.

To be able to share the good news of the Lord, a person has to be one with the Holy Spirit that dwells in them. They have to fill themselves with the grace of God. A person needs to pray and be open to the word of God.

Once we have the Light of God inside of our hearts and souls we become a beacon. We become that light house in troubled waters. We can help people to leave the darkness behind and follow the light of the World. They can turn from evil to the good side. They can join God.

• 2 years later...
On 9/15/2006 at 2:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Ephesians 6:15) What would be the characteristic of a person who didn't have his feet ready to run with the Gospel? How does heart preparation make you more ready to share the Good News with those around you? How does this help defeat the dominion of darkness?

One who does not take the time to know God through his word, one who is living for the world.

To be at peace in your heart to know the love of God prepares you.

Nothing defeats dominion of darkness but the Word of God.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q61. Good News
  • 3 months later...

Q61. (Ephesians 6:15) What would be the characteristic of a person who didn't have his feet ready to run with the Gospel? How does heart preparation make you more ready to share the Good News with those around you? How does this help defeat the dominion of darkness? 
The person who does not have the Gospel as an integral part of their daily conduct will not be ready to run with the Gospel. It is by the Gospel that we stand our ground as well as advance the kingdom of God. We are to be ready at any time to minister the Gospel; we are all included in this command. Every Christian is in full time Christian service, always on the front line. Preparation implies the ability to fight. Preparation means flexibility and the ability to use God's Word in witnessing. Knowledge of the basic doctrines of salvation is necessary for witnessing. This implies a certain amount of preparation and we don't have our shoes on our feet without this preparation. Witnessing is impossible apart from the filling of the Holy Spirit; it is the Holy Spirit that ministers to the unbeliever to apply the doctrine of salvation. Our Gospel is a Gospel of peace, but this peace is not to be had with the enemies of God, such as demons and unbelievers - immediately after the fall of man, God established hostility between the children of God and the children of Satan. (Genesis 3:15). It is impossible to have true peace with anyone belonging to the kingdom of darkness. Rather, this peace is only to be had with God and with Christians. Only when we stand our ground and conquer enemy territory with this Gospel will others be able to join us in this fellowship. Paul says in Romans 16:20, "The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet."

Q61. (Ephesians 6:15) What would be the characteristic of a person who didn't have his feet ready to run with the Gospel?

He is one who is not really born again, does not know the Gospel, is not interested nor fully prepared to take the Gospel to the point of need [near or far] and has no resources that include financial and logistics needed.

How does heart preparation make you more ready to share the Good News with those around you? How does this help defeat the dominion of darkness?

Heart preparation should include going through proper discipleship training, studying the word and fervent prayers. In addition, should involve ensuring that one puts on the full amour of God as the evil one will oppose the plan.

• 2 weeks later...

"...feet fitted with a readiness that comes from the gospel of peace."

This is an odd verse. Shoes are a very practical article of clothing that help me get somewhere. I don't wear shoes to stand but to move. Without them, I'd be picking my way carefully through stones and other objects, so my eyes would be cast downward, not on the goal. With my shoes on, I can ignore my feet and just plunge for the goal. Furthermore, shoes allow me to run, to move faster.

So, perhaps we are outfitted with spiritual shoes to help us focus, reach the goal faster and perform his assignment with minimal self-consciousness.

The verse goes on with the word "readiness."  My feet are ready when I'm wearing shoes. I'm ready for action. 

Then ... the difficult part of the verse. It's a readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. Hmmm. Here I am, shod, ready for action but undergirding this action is a "gospel of peace."  I'm going to fold here and pray. I don't know why readiness is qualified with this phrase.

--

Heart preparation is knowledge with compassion and love instilled by the Holy Spirit. The knowledge of the gospel gives me something to share -- the compassion and love makes me want to share the good news or evangelize.

• 2 months later...

They don't last long in the outdoor evangelistic ministry.   They are like butterflies.   They have a zeal that is like a geyser at times; a big show or two, but that's all.   No steady heartfelt enthusiasm for the lost.   They have long monologs but serious long lasting evangelistic zeal is absent or barely flickering.

Heart preparation surely is important.   One wants to seek the Lord for lost sinners; prayer time is absolutely essential for the Gospel ministry.   For years, I would spend time in prayer before embarking on an evangelical endeavor. After a day of ministry, it is back to the altar and further Bible study.

When we are running with the Gospel, our minds are on God.   No time to waste on petty affairs, our minds and hearts are on what we have studying in the Bible.   We are concerned about eternal matters.

• 2 weeks later...