JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Tasting Death for Everyone

Q2. (Hebrews 2:9) In what way did Christ "taste death for everyone"? Why is this so dependent upon God's grace? If Christ died for your blackest and most stubborn sins, what are the implications for you?

Christ died on the cross and descended into hell and when He did this He broke the chains of bondage from sin, death and the enemy and when we finally are resurrected the last enemy will be conquered which is death. It is dependent on God's grace because without it we can not be coheirs with Christ or even be a son or daughter of God let alone live forever in Heaven. It means that I am to be on my guard when it comes to sin and take every thought captive to keep my mouth from sinning.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what way did Christ "taste death for everyone"? Why is this so dependent upon God's grace? If Christ died for your blackest and most stubborn sins, what are the implications for you?

John 3:16 explains it is for everyone who believes. Only the pure lamb of God, Jesus, and by his blood can be be cleansed. No human merits this, Moses  got angry, was not allowed into the promised land. He was a good servant, led by God, not able to do anything by himself. Such it was for all the prophets of the bible, humble servant hearts. 

With shame I think of my blackest stubborn sins and cry for mercy and cleansing, Psalm 51, especially verse 10 create in me a clean heart oh God. These is no other hope for a sinner like me. Dear LORD thank you for your grace and mercy, in Jesus name.

How can we not love God more than anything on earth. In the end it will be of no value towards a journey to the heavens. Bless the LORD, oh my soul, and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name!