JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Tasting Death for Everyone

Q2. (Hebrews 2:9) In what way did Christ "taste death for everyone"? Why is this so dependent upon God's grace? If Christ died for your blackest and most stubborn sins, what are the implications for you?

Q2. (Hebrews 2:9) In what way did Christ "taste death for

everyone"? Why is this so dependent upon God's grace?

That God allows Christ's death for sin to substitute for our own is clearly "by the grace10 of God," not due to any merit of our own.

If Christ died for your blackest and most stubborn sins, what are the implications for you?

The implications is that God loves us so much and I am so thankful for Christ

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus tasted death for everyone by his death on the cross at Calvary. He took the sins of the world upon himself and paid the penalty with his blood in order that we could be returned back to a relationship with God.

God could only accept payment from one who had no sin and without the blood of the perfect sacrifice, Jesus, God's grace could not be given.

We are now set free from condemnation by God.

• 3 weeks later...

In what way -...By the Grace of God and because of God's kindness Jess suffered death for everyone. Why is this so dependent ...By tasting death for everyone - Christ was made in God's image but born of flesh and blood, being the 2nd Adam,and as fully human a great sacrifice for God, his only Son, to die on the cross to save our Souls. We will never forget that. The implications are ...- He is our Saviour on high, crowned by God Glory and honour, knowing by grace we are saved.Jesus suffered - died outside the city where his blood washed our sins away and his Death was not under the system of Jewish laws, so he tasted death for all.

• 2 months later...

Q2. (Hebrews 2:9)

In what way did Christ "taste death for everyone"?

Why is this so dependent upon God's grace?

If Christ died for your blackest and most stubborn sins, what are the implications for you?

We find that God's gracious purpose in it all was that Christ might taste death for each one of us. In other words, our Saviour died as our Representative and as our Substitute; that is, He died as man and He died for man. He bore in His body on the cross all of God's judgment against sin so that those who believe on Him will never have to bear it. Jesus accomplished this redemption so that we may live and rule with him. The grace of God is equivalent to the love of God; and this infinite love was the cause of redemption by which He did not even spare His own son. This burden of sin has been lifted off our shoulders! We have been justified and adopted into God

• 1 month later...
Q2. (Hebrews 2:9) In what way did Christ "taste death for everyone"? Why is this so dependent upon God's grace? If Christ died for your blackest and most stubborn sins, what are the implications for you?

The Lord Jesus had to die a physical death in our place. Without God

• 5 weeks later...

Christ was humiliated, tortured, beaten, scorned, taking a death freely that He did not deserve, for He also walked as a man was tempted far beyond what man could be tested and passed all tests to show us the way. Only thru Gods` grace could this have happened. Without the grace of God man could have been wiped out. Only thru His deepest love for us did He send His only Son. Jesus died for my blackest and most stubborn sins giving me life eternal, for without Him I would be doomed to hell.He is the only way. Thanks be to God.

• 2 months later...

He died for us.

We do not deserve that so it is all because of His grace.

He died for most evil sins, what means that I am forgiven.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus tasted death for everyone when He bore the punishment of the sins of all mankind. It is dependent on God's grace because we could not do it ourselves. It is not by anything we do. The implication for me is that Christ was willing to take all of my sins upon Him, to involve me in His life so I can have eternal life.

• 1 month later...

By the cross the perfect eternal sacrifice satisfied the judgment of God against the believer. Jesus' death was substitutionary. He took our penalty. We trust Christ's righteousness and not our's. Because Jesus died for my worst.. i can go to heaven.

• 3 months later...

By becoming human, a member of the human race and dying for sin, He became a substitution for humanity thereby dying in our place - atonibg for our sins. Adam, as a substitute for all of humanity brought us into sin, Jesus in His humanity tasted death for all of humanity by becoming the acceptable sacrifice of sin.

This is dependent on the grace of God because it is something that humanity did not deserve, earn, or could be rewarded. It was only by and because of God's love for humanity as a whole that He sent His Son to atone for our sins.

Christ dying for my sin indicates that I am free from the power of sin and its consequence. Sin no longer has any control or power over me.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus tasted death for all mankind when He took on, through His obedience to the Father, all the sins of mankind. Jesus took the penalty - death, for sins committed by each and every human being. God's grace is this- Because of his Son's obedience I have something that I don't deserve -I don't have to taste death. Jesus did that for me. God through his son-Jesus is giving me life even though I don't deserve it because of my sins. I am amazed and in awe at this thought and truth. God loves me sooooo much. God's love is soooo large for all mankind and that He did this for me.

This is the grace of God. He totally exudes love. His essence is Love. God is Love. All Glory and Honor belong to Him. It is by grace that I am saved through faith. This grace is the gift of God to all and me-- Praise God :) !!!

Death came upon us as Adam of this earth tasted the forbidden fruit. To redeem all of us from that punishment, Adam from Heaven tasted death. Due to one man

• 5 months later...

Answer;Jesus Christ sacrifice His body, not only for our Sins,but sins of the whole World(1 Jon 2:2- And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world)

His death,is not predetermined because of the goodness that we have done,we don

• 2 months later...

Jesus died on the cross for us all. He defeated death, so that we would no longer be afraid of it. AND-after He died, He went to the Father, and so will we!

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Hi shall not perish, but have everlating life! That, Folks, is grace! We don't desearve it, but He did it anyway! Gloray!

Therefore, we need to give the Lord everything that we have, cause if it weren't for Him, we would be hell-bound! I got to go shout-Bye!

• 2 months later...

Christ became mans subsititute and bore the sins of many. He died a painful death to bring salvation to all

Christ took on the sins of the world. He was sinless. It was only because of God's grace, not our own merit.

Shows the love that God has for his children. He want us all to be saved. We are free to live a life of obedience to Gods word

1. Jesus suffer during his life and death we see Jesus' great sacrificial death on the crosss.

2. The obvious message for us is that just as Jesus suffered to complete his mission, so we too may have to suffer temptation and persecution to finish our own race

3. When we live in such a way to avoid all suffering we will not complete our mission

• 5 months later...

The death that is spoke of here is eternal seperation from man's God. When Christ died on the cross He died as the atonement for all of man's sins. He is the once and for all sacrifice for us. We only have to accept the free gift of His blood to attain it.

If God was not such a merciful and loving Being, He would not have given us the chance to accept the wonderful gift of salvation without us having to offer blood sacrifices regularly. His Grace covers us once and for all time with the blood of the Lamb...His Son.

Jesus paid it all,

All to Him I owe;

Sin had left a crimson stain,

He washed it white as snow.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Q2. Christ tasted death for everyone, in his atoning death on the cross.

Because there was nothing on our side we could do to purchase our salvation, God chose the method of our salvation, through grace (unmerited favor) God love me and did not abandoned me in my lost state.

It implies that I must consider the high cost of the death of the Son of God and not take it lightly, I must live for God and love Him and surrender my all to him. For He loved me so greatly.

• 1 year later...

The way that Christ “taste death for everyone” is that He died on the cross and was in the tomb for three days and it was there that he “tasted death for everyone”. The thing that was greatest is that He was resurrected.

This is so dependent upon God’s grace because Jesus was his only son and God let him be sacrificed for our sins. Since Christ died for my blackest and most stubborn sins that indicate to me that I am going to be with Him when I depart from this earth.

• 11 months later...

Jesus was sent to give us salvation.  In order for this to happen He needed to experience humanity.  He needed to understand and experience the same temptations as us and He did.  He suffered for this, but conquered it.  That is why He is a great teacher and deliverer of our sufferings like temptation.  His suffering conquered death for us and paid the price for death.  As God He could have commanded anything, but He didn't, He suffered as a human and blessed be the Holy Son, He resisted and won. 

On a separate note, think about how the angels, although above us, are spirits sent to help those who will inherit salvation, thus allowing us to glorify God and have high honor and glory above them for God made it this way.  He put everything under us to us and God left nothing that is not subject to us.  Think about how Jesus said, You could move a mountain if you had a little faith.  The mountain is under us and is what is subject  to us and temptation whether sinfully or demonically driven, it is subject to us, as God has made it this way.  We just need to take authority over it and what comes at us here on earth.  Isn't Satan and evil spirits here on earth, thus making them subject to us as well?  Jesus paid the price for our sinful behaviors and broke the power that the evil one had over us.  He gave us a new life, free of condemnation and reborn of the Spirit.  We must honor and glorify our heavenly Father for it is He who wrote it this way long ago and God knows what He's doing so trust Him.

• 10 months later...

Christ agreed to die on the cross to save everyone who believes in him from death because there has to be a sacrifice good enough for God to accept.

It is only by the Grace of God that he allowed Jesus to come in the first place, Jesus loves us and pleads with God for mercy and in doing so he took our  place in death.

All of a believers sins are forgiven period, God can not look upon sin so Jesus stands between us

• 1 month later...

By the grace of the Heavenly Father, God allowed Jesus suffering and death to be an atonement for the sins of man. It was not by the merit of man that this sacrifice of Jesus took place, Jesus suffered and died to save his brothers (all mankind that would put their belief and faith in him) "Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, sat down at the right hand of the father"

Christ suffering and dying for the atonement of our sins was dependent upon God's grace, because God had accepted Christ suffering and death for all, for it satisfied God's will and justice.

Christ died for my most blackest and stubborn sins, because of this, through God's grace I have been forgiven of them and I'm now a co-heir with Christ. My faith in Christ has brought me to the throne of God with Jesus as my mediator.        

• 2 years later...

Jesus became fully human that he might save us for our sins. That God allows Christ's death for sin to substitute for our own. "By the grace of God," God poured out His wrath on Himself so that we could have eternal life. Not only should we pay for our sins, be we should be thankful.