JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hope I'm not the youngest one here... My nickname is TCarr and I'm from the west coast of USA. I like Bible Studies with deep, provocative questions because sadly I am lazy and don't really bother to think up such questions on my own :/ Hopefully this will help me and maybe establish an accountability partner or two.

Love you all :)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi from Leicestershire, England. This is the first bible study I've done, so a little concerned about it but hopeful that I'll be blessed as we travel through. A lot of posts on here are year's old, so I do hope that there are others doing this with my now :) . I have a wonderful husband, 3 children (1 left home and married), 2 foster children, and a grandson - and I adore all of them. Many boys in my life!! I am Anglican/Church of England and I am also the choir director in our church. We do sing psalms sometimes from the Psalter, but I'm really looking forward to deepening my connection with God through a study of the Psalms.

• 1 month later...

Hi All. My name is Melanie and I've been married for over 7 years. I live on the Delmarva Peninsula. I love studying the Psalms and am looking forward to this study (for the second time). Last time I didn't post. I'm trying to memorize the entire book of Psalms. Just ordered two classics on Psalms by Gunkel and Mowinckel, and the Interlinear Hebrew-Greek Bible by Jay P. Green. Haven't received them yet. My husband and I just adopted a blue heeler puppy named Buster. Life is good and God is Good.

• 5 months later...

My name is Jere. I am 64 years old and although I made a public acceptance of Jesus Christ as my Saviour when I was 9 years old, and I believe once saved, always saved, I'm not sure I really realized what I was doing so therefore I have re-given my heart to Jesus since then. I attend Fellowship Community Church and teach the k-5 & 1st graders. I finished reading the Bible thru for the first time just last year so I have now decided that I want to study the Psalms this year. Unknown to me, my husband decided that he also wanted to study the Psalms. I look forward to this study. A little about myself, I love animals, especially my dog Molly. I love to do crafts, especially the ones related to the Bible. I am self employed, I have worked with my husband for 34 years. We rent and sell sign and advertising supplies. We have been married to each other since 1968. We have two children and 6 grandchildren. One of our children is an ordained minister but is working as a public relations director at a local Christian university, teaches a Christian class, and is working on his doctorate in Christian studies, the other one is married to a pastor of a church and is a librarian at an elementary school. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi! My friends call me La and I must apologize for posting so late...my grandfather who raised me died an dew have been dealing with that this last week. I. For. The USA and I do to ow what else to say....I have a thirst to learn more deeply about God. I am use sign language and English through out my day, although I'm not deaf..it's just something my parents taught me and I love. I also know German. I live with my parents even though im 31 because of health problems. Looking forward to this study with all of you.

Joy IN Christ,

La

• 4 months later...

My name is Nicole. I just typed and seemed to have lost my intro...so if I double post. Apologies. I am the mother of 3 grown young men and my husband and I are currently raising my 3 year old nephew. I live in the Tx. Hill Country (united states) where I work at a community center for disadvantaged teens and serve a couple days a week as a chapel volunteer at a local men's prison. I recently broke my foot and stumbled across this study while homebound. I am looking forward to digging deeper into Psalms.

• 1 year later...

Hi, Im looking forward to studying the psalms. Have not long completed Gospel of John. I really enjoyed John and learnt a lot. I live on the east coast of the South Island of New Zealand in a small farming based town (perhaps medium size for NZ- with a population of 25,000).

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My name is Barbara, from California. I' re been married 44 years, three children and 7 grandchildren. Looking forward to this study of the psalms. I have been engrossed in Psalm 91 for about six months and wanted to delve into other Psalms.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello from Texas. I'm finishing a Lenten study and I'll be teaching in a rotation later this summer on some Psalms. I cling to God's word as I care for my young adult disabled son and I take much joy in sharing scripture with other special needs parents. My name is Stephanie and I'm excited to dive into the Psalms and read everyone's experiences.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi I am JW and I live in Canada. I worked as a math teacher for 35 years and also ran a beef operation of 25 cows.

I have always being involved in church but upon my retirement I was looking for something else. Ireland a bachelor of Environmental Studies degree and then turned to theology. Over a period of 15 yearsearned a Ma degree in theology and recently completed a program for ThD. Degree.

In the last 15 years I have taken about 10 of dr. Ralph courses online and I found them very instructive. As in the beginning of study off sounds and hope to write something I decided to take the course in the Psalms thinking about it all day a good ground work for my study.

HE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!  My name is Ms. Joanne.  I am so excited to have found this Website.  I look forward to going deeper into the Psalms and sharing your thoughts throughout this study!  I live in the dry side of Washington State.  I have been looking for a Bible study group that shares my passion to going deeper into the Bible.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Paul, & am excited to be joining this study. I have used Psalms a lot personally to capture my feelings & enable me to pray & develop my prayer life. I have also used them in pastoral ministry with people going through hardship and pain in their lives. I recently enjoyed Dietrich Bonhoeffer's study on the Psalms. I am from Stoke on Trent, England.

• 7 months later...

Hi, this is my second Bible study from Pastor Ralph and I have memorized Psalm 119 for personal use.  I am hoping to learn more about them as I study them. I am from Wisconsin.