JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hello All,

I'm originally from Groton Massachusetts but now I reside in Spring Hill Tennessee. I do so enjoy living in the South. I am 63 years old, retired from General Motors, married for 38 years, have three boys Jason, Joshua, and Jordan----they all moved south to be near the bank:):):) and their mothers cooking. My wife's name is Lee and they don't come any better. My hobbies are reading, puttering around in my workshop/shed doing some woodworking, golf and watching the Boston Red Sox. I as a new member am looking forward to learning all I can from this Bible study and all of you. Have a great day and may the Lord of all, who knows all, and knows all our needs bless each and everyone of you.

In His Grip,

Tracey

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Hi, My name is Lana as in layna. I grew up in the Northeast, but have lived most of my life in the Southwest. Yes I love Mexican food and we have plenty here.

I have been married for 35 years, have 1 son and 1 daughter and 6 grandchildren with one on the way, due in November. I must also add that we have an adorable minpin who rules our home! ;)

I look forward to this study on the psalms and I also look forward to getting to know many of you.

Shalom!

Hello Everyone,

Michael here from the Sacramento Area. I am glad to be here to learn more about the Psalms. I love music so much and feel a bond with this book of the Bible. I too once wrote music for the Lord, but have not since then. I hope to learn as much as I can and to do it with God's people. I am married with 4 children and have been away from Church and Bible study for several months. I hope to get back into the world I belong in during this study and to live as I know I should.<smile>

Thank you Dr. Ralph for posting this study. I know God has placed you here for a reason and I happen to stumble upon it. May God bless all of us here today and everyday.

Go with God!

mjwash

Hello everyone,

My name is Marta and I live in Central Texas. I am from Mexican descent and yes, I love to cook and eat Mexican food.

I have really enjoyed being part of the Psamls study. It has given me a greater depth and I've been able to grasp more truths on reading the specific Psamls thru this study. I have always loved reading and meditating on this Book.

I am a 61 years old, single with 3 children and 6 grandchildren. I love the Lord and want to follow Him wherever He may take.

God bless all of us as we study His Word.

Marta :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Lori and I live in Atlanta with my husband. This is my first Bible Study Series. In fact I am a new Christian and I am anxious to know more about the bible. I really look forward in this bible study and hope to participate in other series in the future as well. I am very happy to discover this website. :)

Hello, I am new to this site and this study. I am from Willard, MO and am looking forward to studying God's Word more!! I teach a single ladies class (those widowed, divorced, husbands won't come, or just never married) since my husband passed away recently. I have 2 children and teach computers at an elementary school.

I hope to meet several new people through this study.

Hi! I am from upstate NY and have been married for 20 years with 3 kids ranging in age from almost full grown to just starting to loose the baby teeth. :-D

I haven't done an online Bible study before. (I signed up for one but then couldn't participate due to time constrants.) I grew up Catholic but never quite felt at home there and am just starting to feel comfortable at my current church (after being away from all churchs for a while.) Due to my issues with the church I grew up in, I am pretty skittish about "religions" even though I am a Christian. (I saw too much condemnation from humans and not enough 'hate the sin but lover the sinner" mentality.) I am excited to be starting the Psalms now.

Hi, I am Shelley and live in New Brunswick Canada....I am married with one eight year old child. I'm coming in late on the Bible Study and the website looks great. Many years ago, I took part in one of the online Bible Study probably back in 1998...it's been awhile.

Hello! My name is Deanna Corey and I am so excited to start this study! I did the Names of God study which was awesome but didn't participate in the forum board. I am looking forward to that this time with studying Psalms. I live in the San Bernardino mountains in a little town called Running Springs which I am sure many of you know is on fire as i type this. We were evacuated out on Monday and we are living in a travel trailer in my daughter's yard for who knows how long. It is tight!!! 5 of us plus 4 parrots, and 4 dogs and 1 cat...we are the Ark!!!! I was able to borrow my son-in-laws laptop so I could get my lessons as they come in. What a perfect time to study Psalms...I am excited!! Please pray for us as you get a chance. We don't know too much yet except the fire is all around our home and town.

Blessings and Hugs in Him, Deanna

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I tried to reply here earlier today yet now I dont see it. Anyway. My name is Kimberley and I am originally from New Jersey and now in South Carolina with 18 years in FLorida in between. I am a borna gain Christian and look forward to this psalms study and furhter studies and meeting fellow Christians. God Bless You All! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

This is my first online bible study. I am excited to start a new way of studying the word of God.

I live in Maryland, am married, and have two sons, ages 10 and 7.

I have never really understood the Psalms well, and am excited to explore them.

God bless,

Kate

Hi everyone,

I'm signing on a little late, but I'm hoping that I can catch up quickly. I've been a Christian since January 2006, so I guess you can say that I am relatively new to the faith. A lot has happened since I've become a Christian, the most tragic and sad for me is the passing of my father. My father died of prostrate cancer this past June. I spoke to my dad about Christ, although, I am not sure if he received Christ before passing (towards the end of his illness he was not able to communicate). I am the only Christian in my family.

It has been extremely difficult for me these past several months. One of the main reasons that I wanted to study the Psalms is because I am often directed to them for comfort. As many of you who have lost a loved one know, sometimes it is hard to find comfort, but neverthless, we must press on. I'm looking forward to studying the Book of Psalms.

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for Experiencing the Psalms.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi My name is Barbara and I am from New Jersey. I wanted to add to my Bible Study and I found Pastor Ralph's. I am 52 years old with 2 daughters, Rachel and Nicole and a wonderful grandson, Andrew. We have had a rough year. In April, Nicole's fiancee passed away suddenly...he was 27 years old. So pray for Nicole--she is recovering slowly but needs God to meet her. So pray that God will send a CHRISTIAN laborer across her path to minister to her. Rachel also needs prayer as she is raising Andrew herself. My daughters gave their life to the Lord when they were 9 and 5 and prayed for me to follow them. I began last year praying for the generations that are afar off in my family and that they will serve the Lord and then it seemed that the bottom fell out with attacks on our family. BUT GOD will prevail and my generations to come will serve the Lord with Gladness!! It has also been an interesting year as I have also received more responsibility at church and work. I love to worship the Lord. It is a pleasure to be a part of this forum. I have read many encouraging and uplifting posts. So thanks for your prayers. God Bless Pastor Ralph for beginning and finishing this work for the Lord. :rolleyes:

Hi My name is Barbara and I am from New Jersey. I wanted to add to my Bible Study and I found Pastor Ralph's. I am 52 years old with 2 daughters, Rachel and Nicole and a wonderful grandson, Andrew. We have had a rough year. In April, Nicole's fiancee passed away suddenly...he was 27 years old. So pray for Nicole--she is recovering slowly but needs God to meet her. So pray that God will send a CHRISTIAN laborer across her path to minister to her. Rachel also needs prayer as she is raising Andrew herself. My daughters gave their life to the Lord when they were 9 and 5 and prayed for me to follow them. I began last year praying for the generations that are afar off in my family and that they will serve the Lord and then it seemed that the bottom fell out with attacks on our family. BUT GOD will prevail and my generations to come will serve the Lord with Gladness!! It has also been an interesting year as I have also received more responsibility at church and work. I love to worship the Lord. It is a pleasure to be a part of this forum. I have read many encouraging and uplifting posts. So thanks for your prayers. God Bless Pastor Ralph for beginning and finishing this work for the Lord. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
:rolleyes:Hi, my name is Christina and I am currently serving in the Army in Iraq. I run missions a lot so can't be at a "regular" Bible study and wanted to draw closer to God. I came across this website and was impressed with all that it had to offer and wanted to give it a shot. Figured it would also be more "time/schedule" friendly so that I could complete a full Bible study. I appreciate this opportunity and am relying upon y'all's help and expertise in this as it my first try and I am EXCITED!!!!! Have never studied Psalms before and think it's cool that I now have the opportunity to do so and to learn how to pray and praise like such a beloved man of God. Tomorrow is Saturday and my first lesson! Yeah! Oh, and I truly miss my babies (2 daughters) and ask for y'all's prayers for their protection and support while I'm gone. Bye now.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for Experiencing the Psalms.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi,

My name is Meli I am 48 and I live in California and I am doing this for the first time.I want to learn and experience the word of GOD.

I know that he will help me understand his words and he will inspire me.So I thought that to experience the Psalms will

be a good place to begin the journey that will renew and strengthen me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, This is Marcia from Malaysia. I am new in this Bible Study and am very excited to study the Word of God.

I am a working woman who just found the reason for my life is Jesus and I am so blessed to know the Lord. I live with my loving parents and my younger sister and brother at home. we are all blessed in the Lord.

Peace be with all of you who are in this journey in the walk with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Regards

Marcia

Hi. My name is Cheryl and I have lived in Manitoba, Canada all of my life. I accepted Christ when I was 10, but have only been a "free" Christian for 10 years (or so). I am a 43 year old homemaker, have been married for 20 years, we have 3 children who are all still at home, and my husband is a diesel mechanic. My passion is Bible Study, this is my first on-line study. I hope to learn alot. This whole forum thing is new to me, so I'm a little nervous. I'm looking forward to meeting new people in a new way. We are active in our church as Care Group Leaders, and have been attending the same church for 12 years. God Bless! :D