JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

I'm going through a terrible trial right now.

For the first time in my Christian life, I "feel" Christ's words on the cross as well as the psalmists words in this section of the 22nd Psalm. For the first time, I feel I'm sharing in the suffering of Christ.

Christ was forsaken. God stepped away during His crucifixion and did not comfort Him. It makes sense that Jesus used the word "forsaken" as he died.

God did not answer his plea until after his death and reunification.

I feel this, too.  God seems so far from me. So very far. He is silent as I groan. I cannot hear His voice. I cannot sleep and can barely eat. I have cried -- am crying now -- tears which seem ignored. Forsaken is personal. Not abstract. It's not something only Jesus experienced on the cross, such a long time ago, but is here, now and deep.

Yet Jesus says he will never forsake or leave me. Why do I FEEL abandoned and vulnerable, if He's here with me? 

Where is your comfort, Lord Jesus? Your peace? Are you in and with me as You promise? You see my tears, hear my groans -- please answer my prayers for deliverance.

I need you Lord. Lord Jesus, Jesus, Jesus ... please save me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic