JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Doxology

God is Eternal King, immortal, invisible and the only wise God.  God is the King of the ages; God is not like Gnostic angelic emanations, nor is God like the Greek gods who engage in various forms of immoral behavior.  God is incorruptible, not subject to laws of entropy, and capricious behaviors of the pagan gods.   Our souls are immortal just as God is immortal.   God is invisible with our normal eyesight.  Just as the next city 40 miles away; however, as we get closer, the city appears in plain site. Throughout the Bible we read of visions of God beheld by holy men of old.    They drew nigh unto God; Apostle John described the appearance of the Risen Christ. God is the only source of wisdom and immortality. We, the angels, the Zoe in Revelation 4,  Christ and the Holy Spirit partake of this wisdom.  Our bodies will be made immortal in the Resurrection.

Yes indeed!  We build ourselves up in holy confidence to approach the throne of grace in the time of need, and in daily worship.  By saying this Bible verse out loud, we are indeed boosted to come before the Lord!  We give glory to the only true God for such a complete salvation.   Our focus is on what Christ's one unrepeatable Atonement as accomplished; we are so blessed with SOTERIA !  Forgiveness of sins and physical healing; we don't lack !

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the doxology, we acknowledge that there is no one who is worthy of all the honor and praise but the Living God. He is God Omniscient, God Omnipotent, God Omnipresent. God is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. We acknowledge that He was there before the foundation of the world and when everything else has perished, He will still be there as He is from everlasting to everlasting, the immortal, the invisible God.

Praise makes us understand that all the honor and glory belong to God alone. We may acknowledge other people for doing good but Him alone deserves the Greatest Honor. I like the song that says " I will serve no foreign god, no any other treasure" because the Only, One, True God deserves the praise.

I always use doxoloxy throughout my personal prayer and praise time. In fact, most of the time I use it and at times it happens randomly. I always believe that as long as I am breathing, I will always worship Him whether the circumstances are favorable or not, He alone is exalted above all gods.

Doxology reminds the speaker that we are all God's masterpiece and if your focus is not on the self but on God, He gives the speaker the strength and the words that will make people understand the true message of God's Kingdom, the Good News and that will make people to be receptive of the Word of God.

Q3. (1 Timothy 1:17)

What do we learn about God from this doxology?

That GOD is sovereign and that we cannot compare GOD with any others. 

What do we learn about praise?

Praise is like a fragrance to GOD, the more we praise GOD the more we experience of HIS goodness.

Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time?

Yes.

What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

GOD's presence get tangible. 

Q3. (1 Timothy 1:17) What do we learn about God from this doxology? What do we learn about praise? Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time? What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

A3.,

God is Eternal (no end), Immortal (leaves for ever), Invisible (can not be seen) the only True God etc,

When we recall Gods outrageous grace, mercy and love to us despite our sinfulness, we should pour our hearts out in praise and worship, thanksgiving and much more, to God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Q3. (1 TIMOTHY 1:17)

What do we learn about God from this doxology? What do we learn about praise? Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time? What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

We learn about God’s attributes. That God is eternal, having no beginning or end. He knows all things past, present and future. He is incorruptible or imperishable. He is also invisible; will never be seen by our eyes, yet God still shows Himself to us through visible, created things. Such a God is the ‘only’ God, who is unique, incomparable, glorious and lovable. He alone is worthy of praise. He alone is worthy of all honour and glory forever and ever. The twenty-four elders in heaven feel this reverence and joy, for they fall down before God’s throne and cast their crowns before Him singing, ‘You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honour and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created’ (Rev 4:11). We praise Him for His perfections: His moral character that are manifested in His words and deeds; His holiness; His love and mercy; His truthfulness; His faithfulness; His goodness; His patience; and His justice. We are also careful to note what pleases Him, what offends Him, what awakens His wrath, and what affords Him satisfaction and joy. Yes, only recently after reading this suggestion of including a doxology in my prayers. Great idea! It is a very humbling experience reading a doxology. It is beyond comprehension that such an almighty God would even care for me - his creature. An ungrateful, and totally depraved sinner. Even sacrificing His one and only Son for my sins. The more I am conscious of my own unworthiness; the more I am aware of His grace; the more my gratitude swells in praise for Him. God shows me the magnitude of His love, His mercy, and His grace which He has blessed me with as my Heavenly Father. We delight in God and draw near to Him. We can only stand in awe and be grateful for who He is.

A doxology and Hebrew prayers are very similar. There is a Hebrew prayer for everything! When you stub your toe, when you cook an amazing meal, when you witness God's goodness. In all things we are to give glory, honour and praise to God. This praise protects the speaker supernaturally.

Q3. (1 Timothy 1:17) What do we learn about God from this doxology? What do we learn about praise? Have you ever tried speaking out a doxology in your personal prayer or praise time? What effect does a doxology have on the speaker?

1. We learn from this doxology that God is eternal, immortal, invisible and the only God.

2. Praise is our way of acknowledging our thoughts of who or what God is and has done for us and others.

3. Yes I have. I've learned that when I am praising him, it is just me and God.

4. It strengthens me and gives me peace because I know that my God is alive and always with me to protect and love me.

• 1 month later...

He is the king of kings and Lord of Lords. He lives forever and has no end. He is immortal and cannot be seen. He is the one and only God whose powers are eternal.

He is worthy of our praise and worship. No one else is deserving of praise.

Praising and worshipping God connects us with the father.