JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for Discipleship Lessons from Colossians and Philemon Bible study.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for Discipleship Lessons from Colossians and Philemon Bible study.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Good morning...so glad to be here to start a new study. I have done a few here and find them helpful in growing in the Lord I live southern florida in the United States but am from Ontario Canada. Have to admit love the warm here. I am a mother of 9 and expecting my 10th grandchild this May. The Lord has blessed me in both the good and bad times.

May this study be a blessing to all of us.

Me again! I am so excited about this lesson now. I saw the section on "rules for holy living" and that is just what the Holy Spirit has been speaking to me about over the past several weeks or more. It's great to know I am in God's will for this Bible study at this time in my life :)

Blessings Everyone! My name is Glenda, I hail from Homestead, Florida, I'm married with two teenagers - a girl and a boy and am grateful to proclaim we have all been saved by the blood of Christ. Although I have been a reader of the joyful heart web site for some time and have been aware of the many bible studies available, I never thought it would be a good fit for me, but it looks like God has a different idea because no matter how many times I tried to ignore the invite for this study the Holy Spirit kept bugging me to click the link. So here I am, a newbie, but willing to learn and grow with the help of Pastor Ralph and all of you. I look forward to the weeks to come and know in my heart we will all be richly blessed. Thank you all for being here.

Hi everyone, my name is Carol and I live in Breinigsville, PA. I'm a wife, mother, and grandma and a child of God. I'm really looking forward to this study.

Hey there!!

This is my first online Bible study, and I am excited about participating in it. I am a 65 year old grandmother, retired from teaching after 40 years. I live in Florence, SC, a beautiful town not too far from the beach, halfway between Miami and New York, and about a four hour ride from the mountains. I volunteer to teach Intro to computers at our senior center two mornings a week and enjoy many other activities. I am a ruling elder in the Presbyterian church, teach Sunday school, women's circle, and Weds. night youth. I also participate in a weekly study with some dear friends. I know I will find this study enlightening and rewarding. May God bless you!

Good April morning to all. My name is Eric. I am married to my best friend and partner in life, Carol. We live in Breinigsville, Pennsylvania on the East coast of the US. I am a Messianic Jew (also known as a "completed Jew") who accepts Jesus as my Lord, the promised Messiah, Savior, and God's Son. Through the grace of my Lord Christ Jesus He extended His hand to me and 11 wonderful years ago I gave my heart and soul to Him who loves me the best and without reservation, Christ Jesus. I and Carol are so looking forward to this study in Colossians and Philemon so that God will draw us closer in knowledge and truth to Him. I am also looking to fellowship with you all. May God bless all our efforts in His Holy and Righteous name.

Hi, my name is Hazel and I am from the Caribbean. I am new to Jesus Walk and trying to find my way through the technical side. I'm not sure why I chose a study on Colossians but am a firm believer that though I plan my way, the Lord directs my steps. I have been a Christian all my life, you know the kind who can't tell the date of their salvation, but everyday there is something new to learn, some new growth, something that He is fashioning in me. I know that there is something in this study for me!

Hello everyone that has joined!! I didn't really give a proper introduction. My name is Jeani, and I have been a pastor's wife for 19 years and married for 28. I am so happy to read everyone's introductions and look forward to getting to know everyone better. Have you started your first lesson? I printed mine off because I don't like to read long articles sitting at the computer. I would rather print them off and get somewhere comfortable. biggrin.gif I guess after this I will see you over at the Question #1 subforum...

Greetings

It is a joy to see people with a desire to search the scriptures. God used a Bible study and a godly man to overcome spiritual barriers in my life and make a lasting difference. I am an engineer and educator by profession but also served as pastor and made ministry missions to the former Soviet Union during the '90s. The Colossians letter has a special place in my heart and because of those mission trips my ministry has become that of Colossians 1:28

Dear Friend,

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Thank you for allowing me to join in this study. The classes motivate me to do further study and learn more about the area and still absorb the message of Jesus Christ and salvation. I am age 70 but always anxious learn more in my faith. I live in Missouri in the United states and have grown children, Grand children, and a recent Great Ganddaughter. Reading the posts from other participants make me feel a part of a Group who Love Jesus Christ and his teachings. Our differances in location and age makes for great interaction.

This my first online Bible study as well. Wasn't sure what to expect but as I completed Q1 and then read the posts, I was impressed by the depth yet simplicity of other members' answers. If I will stick w/ it, I'm sure this study will lead me to a greater appreciation of God and His Word. The Lord made Himself known to me when I was in college, coming up on 30 yrs ago next month. I live in Colorado Springs, CO, am a mother of three teenage daughters and a realtor by profession. At this point in my life, I am seeking to know God's purposes for me.

Dear Friend,

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hello...My name is Colleen and my husband is Marlin...we are pursuing this study together just as we do most everything these past 29 years of marriage. We live in southern central Michigan, just south of Jackson MI, located in a small lake community. We are very excited to be included in this study and to have an opportunity to meet new friends in Christ! Blessings.

>Faith and love springs from hope. You have heard, gospel have come, bearing fruit all over the world.

>Don't be led astray by the truth you have been taught. It is growing all over the world bearing good fruit. (Matthew 7:15-20; a good tree bears good fruit). He wants the body to not lose the freedom that God's grace provides.

>The message becomes diluted...only part truth...distorted truth. The Church ceases being a true example of Christ thus losing its effectiveness in connecting people to Christ.

This is my first post...bear with me as I try to figure the steps out. I don't believe this is where I was suppose to post. Wouldn't let me take it off. :)

I am so excited to see all the new faces here. I introduced myself way back at the beginning and have done a few of these studies either by myself or with my children as family studies. One word of advice I know life can get busy and at times you may find yourself falling behind but dont give up. There are many times that I finished the study weeks or even months after it was suppose to be finished but whether or not it was on time God still spoke to me through the Word. Blessings to all of you